It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have a feeling we will be waiting an eternity on that one.

ETA:

This came to fruition much sooner than I imagined,
seems like just yesterday it was a conspiracy.

edit on 23-9-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burntheships

If some people on this board are going to be intellectually honest with things they've said in the past, they will now have to turn on any Climate Change legislation. After all, they are also all about separation of church and state, and now, Climate Change will clearly be a Christian backed policy, right?

Some people crave leadership, be it religious or political. Now they can have both!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We see how well it has worked out over the the middle east when politics, and religion become a marriage made in hell.

Second verse same as the first verse with the third verse saying.

There is much fail over there.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some people crave leadership, be it religious or political.

I guess Al Gore just didn't cut it any more eh?

I cant see a more likely marriage; Glo-Bull warming and The Vatican.
Because it takes great "religious faith" to follow either one.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Exactly. We do NOT hate Christians, but hate those who are self-righteous and believe their way is the only way, Bible and Jesus be damned. This Pope is not judgmental, he ministers to the poor, does not adorn himself with gold and finery. He is more 'Christlike' than 99% of self proclaimed Christians, well at least the more vocal ones. He is down the Earth and honest and does not give off the air of being better than everyone else due to his beliefs.

So, do not misjudge us non-believers. Christianity is okay, it is the Christians and their prideful ways that make us not like them. And if Christians would just pick one Jesus, it would make it so much easier, It is either the Catholic Jesus, the Baptist Jesus, the Mormon Jesus, the Jehovah's Witness Jesus or any of the many other sects Jesus. Just pick one for everybody. And no, they are NOT all the same Jesus, just ask any follower of the religions I just listed about the others and you will have your answer.

Anywho, the Pope is how 'we' (at least me) feel all Christian should act.

edit on 23-9-2015 by ObservingTheWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Atheists, pagans and new agers love this pope. All the same people who consistently bash anything Christian.

We don't bash "anything Christian", we bash hypocrisy, hatred, exclusion and people who USE religion to justify their prejudices.

The Christian religion is full of love, acceptance, compassion, caring... What's to bash? This pope is a true Christian. He tries to be like Jesus. What's not to love?

I find it interesting that the so-called religious people kinda hate this pope.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Shows them for the wolves they are under the sheep's (Christian) clothing.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We don't bash "anything Christian", we bash hypocrisy, hatred, exclusion and people who USE religion to justify their prejudices.

There is no greater hypocrisy than what is going on in DC, and the White House now.

Pope, and Potus. BFF's.
edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I will take the Republican Party for $200 Alex.

At least with them we don't hear how many kids they abused everyday.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: neo96

I noticed the biggest supporters seem to be people who declare they are not Christians.

I find that ironic.

Probably because he is the first Pope in quite some time to actually DO something about the issues at hand, such as poverty, inequality etc etc. He puts his money where his mouth is, something that hasn't been done in a long time.

You mean as opposed to the "christian" practices of doing nothing, blaming the poor, ripping off congregations, having affairs and the like??

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is actually a really good pope.

With Great power comes great responsibility. When you are in charge of Billions of Catholics, you have a moral obligation to do your part to better the world, not sit all high and mighty in a thrown in a holy city.

This is good. I wish all Religious leaders would take a more active part in their communities, their countries and their world.

Sure you'll get a wacko once in a while but think of all the Good people like Martin Luther King Jr and Gandhi and Mother Theresa did to name just three.

The Conservatives in America do not like this man, because he is against everything the dividers are for. Look who is really angry at him, people like Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity....and others...all traitors to their country. It's telling.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You've heard it 'Income inequality',' Social Justice',

I don't think your problem is with the Pope, I think it's with Christianity; because in your heart of hearts, you think wealthy people are better than the poor.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God
-- Matthew 19:24

If a brother or sister is ill-clad and in lack of daily food and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit?
-- James 2:15-16

Do not rob the poor, because he is poor, or crush the afflicted at the gate; for the Lord will plead their cause and despoil of life those who despoil them.
-- Proverbs 22:22-23

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Still trying to have it both ways there.

Either religion should not be a part of American politics or it should.

Which way is it?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I think it's more important for many to hold onto their political team's views, than to practice true Christian values, like love, compassion, acceptance and helping the poor.

People should take a hint from this pope, who strives to be more like Jesus than the VAST majority of Christians I've come into contact with.

And for those who think this pope is "political"... Realize that taking care of this planet, tending to the poor, loving your fellow man, forgiveness and giving are all spiritual values that have been co-opted and politicized by politicians. They have become political issues ONLY because politicians tell you they are.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Pope, and Potus. BFF's.

Why shouldn't they be friends? They have a lot of the same concerns.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't think your problem is with the Pope, I think it's with Christianity; because in your heart of hearts, you think wealthy people are better than the poor.

Well thank you for telling me what I think. I mean really I had no clue.

What I have said for the last 5 years, and continue to say is. It's not the function of the state to rob from the rich so the poor can go out, and buy more stuff.

I don't push greed, and materialism sanctioned by either the Church or STATE.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Which way is it?

Not both ways. The pope isn't trying to pass any religious/Christian Laws in the USA. He's speaking about issues that concern everyone the whole world over. He just happens to be head of a religion.

My biggest thing with Christians is when they try to pass Biblical law in the US. I don't like that. I also don't want any Islamic laws passed or any Sharia Laws. But speaking about real issues, that's always a good thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Pope, and Potus. BFF's.

Why shouldn't they be friends? They have a lot of the same concerns.

Not when Obama is forcing nuns to buy birth control pills, and making big hallbalu's out of the Hobby Lobby's.
edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Which way is it?

Not both ways. The pope isn't trying to pass any religious/Christian Laws in the USA. He's speaking about issues that concern everyone the whole world over. He just happens to be head of a religion.

My biggest thing with Christians is when they try to pass Biblical law in the US. I don't like that. I also don't want any Islamic laws passed or any Sharia Laws. But speaking about real issues, that's always a good thing.

The Potus is based on nothing more than FAITH than science.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join