It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

What do those 'deadly sins' have to do with the material world?

Quite a bit. Seem the poor folks envy what someone else has. So by proxy they get the STATE do give them stuff they 'can't' get on their own.

Now is that right ?

When the entire argument boils down to jealousy, and resentment that someone has more than someone else?

I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You forgot vanity, funny how it's the one you are clearly consumed by.

excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements:

But then what should we expect but another round of anti Obama rhetoric. Unless you care to give us a few clues who you will be ranting about post election. I'm sure the secret service would like to know, you gotta be known on a first name basis at this point.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I guess someone missed the vanity of the Pope, and Potus.

Care to give us a few clues who you will be ranting about post election. I

Right now it's a toss up between Clinton, and Sanders.

But I have already gotten an early start.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yea, that damn pope and his fiat 500l. So flashy.

Lol

Clinton i get, but why Sanders?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ObservingTheWorld

God Bless the POPE! Non believers have now opened their hearts to find Jesus! Errrr, well,,,,until the MSM stops covering his visit and we can all go back to the same ole same ole Christian bashing!

This is a glorious day! I am enjoying tremendously the abundant hypocrisy!

LMAO

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Everyone should be a good steward of the earth, and all
of its resources. This should apply to Government first.

Take a good hard look at the policies of many of the agencies
put in place to check pollution, and degrading the planet.
I see a huge amount of utter hypocrisy.

Granted, that does not let any one else off the hook.
But if Government cant be trusted and held accountable
to use the tax money they already have to be good stewards,
why should they be given any more money to use to enrich
a bunch of corrupt agencies and politicians?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So Jesus wouldn't have had an opinion on global warming because you say so?

And he would have had one because you say so? Global Warming is something that goes beyond what Jesus came to do. It is not in His job description. The Jews expected Him to be a warrior king and overthrow the Romans. He didn't do that. His job was to save people's souls, not clean up their backyards or even free them from tyranny. Heck, Jesus didn't even preach against established social orders of the day, except as it applied to the corruption of the Pharisees and the worship of God.

With Jesus, divide the material world from the spiritual or render unto Caesar. So no, I don't believe He would have spoken against Climate Change. That is a material worldly concern, and as such, it is ours to address. His concern is the spiritual.

Let me break a few things down for you.

The "atheists who do good are redeemed" bit is a misquote out of context. Here's what he said:

"The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone! And this Blood makes us children of God of the first class. We are created children in the likeness of God and the Blood of Christ has redeemed us all. And we all have a duty to do good. And this commandment for everyone to do good, I think, is a beautiful path towards peace. If we, each doing our own part, if we do good to others, if we meet there, doing good, and we go slowly, gently, little by little, we will make that culture of encounter: We need that so much. We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: We will meet one another there."

What this actually means is that a) Jesus redeemed the world and that b) everyone is created in God's image. Redemption is not the same as salvation. Redemption is what Jesus obtained through sacrifice. A person would still need to accept salvation. The upshot here is that there is goodness in everyone, even people outside of the Church, even atheists and that can be a starting point.

As for the bit from James, Chapter 2. I don't know where you've gotten your translation but I'm thinking you might be paraphrasing badly and so you've now moved on from misquoting the Pope and taking his words out of context to doing the same thing with James. The closest resemblances "As Faith without works is dead, so are works without Faith equally dead." has are James 2:17, "So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead" and James 2:27, "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." In either case, even without the context, the meaning is quite obvious. It's not enough to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk.

Just as obviously, it is not enough to walk the walk, you also have to have the faith and belief in Christ and achieve salvation. Jesus makes it plain time and time again that no one comes to the Father except through Him. Too many confuse redemption and salvation. Redemption alone is not enough. Unless you are saved, you aren't going anywhere, but the Pope clouds the issue.

Jesus would have appeared happily on the covers of Esquire, Rolling Stone, Time, and other magazines?

What's the problem? I'm guessing you think that it demonstrates a lack of humility? How is it any different than any other member of the clergy standing before a congregation? Imagine your congregation is a billion people?

There is an entire sermon. You might have heard of it - Sermon on the Mount - where Christ instructs believers in how to be. Sections of it starting with Matthew 6 talk all about how to walk the walk. And the over riding sentiment in it is humility. The idea that you do what you should without making a big deal out of it, and one would think that photo shoots for magazine covers and spreads would tie into "making a big deal" out of it. Do you really think Jesus would waste time with that nonsense or would He be more likely to say, "Excuse me! I've got a sick kid to visit"?

Frankly, splashing your works all over the press is up there with being the kind of hypocrite Christ warned believers not to be. Don't be ostentatious in your faith.

Jesus went off in the temple because he was disgusted to see greedy people (who would no doubt be staunch capitalists today) profiting from the sale of animals to be used as offerings to God.

Given that Jesus taught in the context of prosperous farmers and vineyard owners and others who worked and paid wages to their workers, I think it had much less to do with the commerce of those selling offerings and more to do with the idea that the Temple was supposed to be a house of prayer, not a place of commerce. He was probably also not too cool with the idea of the money changers who would have likely charged a fee for their services.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just one more thing (I think) in this hate fest...

The Pope isn't just a religious leader (to billions), he's also the leader of a sovereign nation. There's every reason for him to be a politician as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So Jesus wouldn't have had an opinion on global warming because you say so?

Jesus would just ask his dad to fix it.

No fuss No muss.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The Pope isn't just a religious leader (to billions), he's also the leader of a sovereign nation. There's every reason for him to be a politician as well.

Is this anything like Notre Dame being in a conference when they play basketball and then independent for football?
edit on 23-9-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You mean the Pope is the head of a religious theocracy?

So it's perfectly acceptable for him to spew propaganda.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Breaking News: Pope and Obama hold joint press conference announcing that all guns are immediately banned and the 2nd is rescinded.

Just joking.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You mean the Pope is the head of a religious theocracy?

So it's perfectly acceptable for him to spew propaganda.

I have !istened to what the pope has preached today... It is positive etc. I am doing my best to keep this on track, you started this thread discussing the inability for these leaders to change anything for the better for the people on this Earth. More or less called it political bullcrap... I agree..

The problem I have with this religious and political theater that was ushered to us on practically every news channel, is it is all theater...

What upsets me about all of this is I can see it is all bullcrap, yet to allot of people who see it they choose a side off the bullcrap I see here on ats this theatrical bullcrap induces a attitude polarization between members people who are bias to this view fight and it is that fight with words or argue with one another over opinions or hell even facts. I dunno maybe it is a social dynamic with humans that just is the way that it is. Yet all in all it is hard for me to feel or believe anyone I saw on tv today cares about me, as a matter of a fact I think the likely hood of a ats member caring about me is higher than these leaders on tv.. All this talk about jesus, is kinda weird also on this thread Hell jesus, has very little to do with the pope or US politics if you ask me, so I dont even know how that name got thrown into the mix.

I just wish we can think before we post, I see so many smart minds here and if we could just focus together we can better understand the world around us..

*shrugs* I dunno maybe I am just dreaming.. After 9 pages I think more people feel negative about this thread or posts and the human interaction with one another than positive with one another..

Anyhow I hope another thread comes to the top of the forum, that may be more interesting to post in..

edit on 9 23 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Bicent76

Meh out of respect I am not going to say anything about the pope...

Why ?

God doesn't have favorites. In 'his' eyes we are all EQUAL.

Sounds to me like God's a Communist, isn't that ironic?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
More like:

Breaking! President Obama has undergone a stunning religious conversion and he and Pope will hold a joint press conference during which he will be publically baptized and announce the new American Theocracy under Pope Francis's spiritual leadership. Together the two plan to usher in a wondrous era of worldwide peace and safety to be begun after Francis addresses the UN ...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only who sees this.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

We have no idea what Big G sounds like, we are to busy pecking the ground with the chickens, instead of trying to soar with the eagles obviously..

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Breaking News: Pope and Obama hold joint press conference announcing that all guns are immediately banned and the 2nd is rescinded.

Just joking.

You left out, "Render MORE unto CAESAR"!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

More like just breaking the LEFT are born again Christian's.

Film at 11.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hilarious to see conservatives so outraged by a pope that is just telling religious folk to follow the teachings of Christ and to show compassion towards their fellow humans.

All he needs to do next is to say black lives matter and we might see a full blow civil war

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join