It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repent you Sinners, and bow down to ALL that is Holy, er NOT.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ya know people? There is something seriously disturbing going on in America right now. Ok well sorry folks there lots of disturbing things going on, but lets expose something that is damn right destestable. Between the pious Potus, and the Pious Pope..

We basically have the White House actually comparing the Potus to the Pope. Here.

We have the Pope basically parroting political talking points of the current regime from modor. You've heard it 'Income inequality',' Social Justice', and last time I checked neither the US government or the Catholic Church claim claim any 'moral' high ground. Hell between US troops being told to look the other way while little boys are- You have read the thread, and you have read the threads about Catholic Priests.

But it down right sickens me after being bashed over the head for the last five years on the site, and in the media. Being constantly being berated, and belittled, and yelled at SEPARATION of Church, and STATE.

We have a a Potus that just loves to mock them Christian's clinging to their guns, and bibles, Whose now all besties with the Pope!

I say bad Potus, and bad Pope.

On Francis’s first full day in the country, Obama and as many as 15,000 guests will welcome him on the South Lawn of the White House. For the president, it’s an opportunity to showcase the pope’s support for his initiatives on income inequality, immigration and climate change.

The 'Holiness's' need your support, I say meh nah.
edit on 23-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: I recant my statement

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I noticed the biggest supporters seem to be people who declare they are not Christians.

I find that ironic.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I noticed the biggest supporters seem to be people who declare they are not Christians.

I find that ironic.

So do I.

Atheists, pagans and new agers love this pope. All the same people who consistently bash anything Christian.

S&F for this thread Neo
The hypocrisy has reached epic levels.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
But it down right sickens me after being bashed over the head for the last five years on the site, and in the media. Being constantly being berated, and belittled, and yelled at SEPARATION of Church, and STATE.

If I might quote Yogi Berra (RIP), because I think it matters:

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

IOW... it does not matter what one believes in, what matters is what one does.
edit on 23/9/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Obama is trying desperately to distance himself (and Democrats) from the associations to Islam, and attempting to quell the anti-Christian stigmas and stereotypes.

Too many Democrats are Christians apparently.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Finally a pope that is not mired in the dogma of hate and prejudice..how heinous!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Meh out of respect I am not going to say anything about the pope...

He seems to have a very positive attitude, even thou he is talking to me on tv like he is an idol...

In any case I do agree with you OP, these leaders men and women of power complaining about the troubles of the world, as they have done since I can remember...

Nothing changes.....

I have seen no miracles occur either... Waiting to see if I see one on tv, but I doubt it...

edit on 9 23 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I find that ironic.

Probably because he is the first Pope in quite some time to actually DO something about the issues at hand, such as poverty, inequality etc etc. He puts his money where his mouth is, something that hasn't been done in a long time.

But anyhoo, Im not Christian, or Muslim, or Athiest, or Buddhist, or Hindu, or a Satanist - sorry I don't fit into any of those categories that others try to shoehorn people into. Yet I agree that this Pope is the best one in a long while and the fact he is actually trying to do something about the issues he raises, not just parrot them off and forget about them, means he gets a thumbs up from me.

If you try to help, rather than hinder, humanity you get my thumbs up.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The reactions to the pope are amusing. I'll definitely agree with that. People shouldn't take it so personally, there's plenty of versions of Christianity out there to suit your political beliefs. Catholicism doesn't have a great track record anyway

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spav5

But pledges his allegiance to a organization whose main message is pushing that dogma and hatred. That is called deception. If I knew I had conflicting views with a particular faith, I would never join the faith. To do so would be to operate under deception. That is manipulation. That is not christ-like at all. It is anti-christ.

And if he is operating in a manipulative way to secure his place as Pope, what make you think he won't manipulate you to win your trust? God, my humans. Wake up.

edit on 23-9-2015 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Meh out of respect I am not going to say anything about the pope...

Why ?

God doesn't have favorites. In 'his' eyes we are all EQUAL.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

you can tell who a man is by those who follow him.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

the Serpent a a positive attitude when he beguiled Eve.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ya it is almost as ironic as all the religious folks that do nothing but bad mouth the pope for following what is attributed to Jesus.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

For someone who hates the victim card, you sure don't mind pulling it out when it suits you. I nearly shed a tear
edit on 23-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

I guess you will have to spell out what exactly you are talking about. He is operating as every other pope has operated. He just has not aligned himself with the far right and it is upsetting people.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

CAtholicism is just that Catholicism, it is not Christian and many of the doctrines and teachings of the Catholic pope differ from that of the Bible in many cases. Oh except in the obvious helping the poor. But many churches help the poor.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: infolurker

Ya it is almost as ironic as all the religious folks that do nothing but bad mouth the pope for following what is attributed to Jesus.

Yeah well Jesus would turn water in to wine.

He believed in teaching a man how to fish so he could feed himself for life.

He could actually walk on water unlike the Potus, and the Pope.

And Jesus didn't need to NSA to know what was in a mans heart.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

For someone who hates the victim card, you sure don't mind pulling it out when it suits you. I nearly shed a tear

For the record the 'victim' card is what the Potus has been playing for the last seven years, and now the Pope is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join