It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden: Human Life Begins at Conception

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'll be ok with abortion when people stop freaking out when a pregnant woman smokes and drinks.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: xuenchen

Who makes that decision when a miscarriage happens?

Why it's Mother Nature Herself !!!

Who the Hell did you think it would be?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And what you're doing is posting your opinion and trying to masquarade it as science when it's more of a philosophical question.

It most certainly is not.

Sperm meets egg.

Male DNA fuzes with female DNA.

New DNA is created and quickly gets to work in an environment that is finely tuned for it to thrive.

This is the beginning.

There is no other point in all of your existence where YOU can say YOU began.

edit on 22-9-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This stance will help Bernie and it's all part of the plan to help him win.

Joe has no morals, so this 'stance' is laughable if he expects me to take it seriously. Laughable.

I haven't forgotten how Joe & Beau made Larry Sinclair a political prisoner.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
this is a really really hot topic and debated forever and the biggest disagreement is when does a human body become a living breathing thinking feeling being? what about our souls, where do they fit in to this, what about reincarnation and having a previous life and a different future life not just this lifetime. we have different beliefs, if he believes his personal lifetime started at conception then that's fine, whats to argue about ?
edit on 22-9-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well it looks like possible Presidential Candidate, Vice President Joe Biden, believes life begins at conception.

He also says he is not willing to legislate that however.

Looks like he knows the correct ways to "satisfy" two sides of the controversy.

It's not about satisfying two sides of the controversy, it's about having a PERSONAL belief and not forcing or imposing it on other people.

I happen to share his opinion. It's simply being anti-abortion, but pro-choice. I believe life (NOT "personhood") begins at conception. I wouldn't have an abortion unless my life was at stake. But I would NEVER impose that belief on others. because I truly believe in freedom of choice for the individual.

ANYONE who wants to legislate someone else's medical care does NOT believe in personal liberty. Good for Joe!

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
he can have his opinions of course
my former teacher (I went to catholic school) believed life started from sperm and egg..so masturbation was akin to mass abortion

What is life?

Life is first off...not special on earth. bacteria is life, grass blades are life. life is not protected. what is protected is personhood.
when does life become a person
this becomes a more murky discussion. some would say the second you decide you will have a kid..when you get impregnated and start making preps for a baby. I agree with this
alternatively, if this isn't decided, then I would say the moment the brain becomes active is when a life transitions into a person. This is debated to be between the 3-5 month mark. I say go with 3 to make sure there is no worry.
Anything before that is life, sure..but isn't a person. anything after that is killing a person which should only happen in self preservation (aka, mothers physical life is in danger)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
personal opinion: abortion is a horrible choice not to be taken lightly. it is extinguishing a life that could have been a beautiful person if given a chance. it should never be seen as just another form of birth control but rather a emergency consequence of last resort after careful consideration and understanding.

What is needed is a legal and widely available (free) morning after pill, and free contraception for all who desire it. I see this as a perfectly reasonable program that will save on welfare, prison, and other costs down the road from unfit parents raising unwanted children.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

What is needed is a legal and widely available (free) morning after pill, and free contraception for all who desire it. I see this as a perfectly reasonable program that will save on welfare, prison, and other costs down the road from unfit parents raising unwanted children.

YES!

Anything that prevents/stops or ends unwanted pregnancy needs to be free and easily available.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I think you summed up my position quite well. No need to make another post.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Definitely an interesting find. I want to throw it out there that Planned Parenthood does a lot more than provide abortions.

So why don't they focus on all those other activities and let the abortion subset stand on its own with private funding? If it is truly self sustaining there wouldn't be a problem, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

YES!

Anything that prevents/stops or ends unwanted pregnancy needs to be free and easily available.

Abstinence is pretty darn cheap. Doesn't even use tax dollars.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is actually an untenable position for me.

I can work with the idea that you don't believe that life begins until X point, even post birth. I think you're mistaken, but at least I can go with the idea you don't believe there is life there or human life and work to try to convince you otherwise.

But by saying this, Joe acknowledges that he thinks human life exists from conception onward, but he's doing nothing to protect that life. He is knowingly allowing the basic unalienable rights of human beings to be violated for a matter of convenience in the vast majority of situations.

Now, correct me if I get it wrong, but we all have a right to our life, and when someone arbitrarily takes that life from us, we tend to call that murder. If Joe thinks there is human life there from conception onward, then he is tacitly condoning murder because he doesn't want to tackle the issue and for no other reason. It's not like he's someone who doesn't think there is life or human life there. He simply doesn't have the guts to stand up for his beliefs if indeed that is his belief and not simply something he is saying in order to try to pander to both sides of the issue.

A wise person once said something like the only thing it takes for evil to win is for good men to stand aside and do nothing.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

And what you're doing is posting your opinion and trying to masquarade it as science when it's more of a philosophical question.

It most certainly is not.

Sperm meets egg.

Male DNA fuzes with female DNA.

New DNA is created and quickly gets to work in an environment that is finely tuned for it to thrive.

This is the beginning.

There is no other point in all of your existence where YOU can say YOU began.

True, but it is a fact that your beginning is paused until your blastocyst form fused with your mother's uterine wall. Until that step happened, you would not continue to develop and may be flushed from your mother's body by natural forces.

That's why I hold to the idea that human life begins with implantation, because until that step happens there is no way the child can develop beyond a bundle of cells.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee

YES!

Abstinence is pretty darn cheap. Doesn't even use tax dollars.

Yeah, that's been tried.

Doesn't even work for celibate men of the cloth.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How about we simply not talk about political issues that were basically put to bed decades ago?

Nope? Oh well....*sigh*

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Right! The bottom line is that a human life is a human life from the moment of conception. Joe Biden just scored himself some brownie points, should he decide to run for the Presidency.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If Joe thinks there is human life there from conception onward, then he is tacitly condoning murder because he doesn't want to tackle the issue and for no other reason.

There is another reason, though. That "life" exists WITHIN and is entirely DEPENDENT ON the woman. It is her body. And she DOES have rights to her own body. He is respecting HER rights, not the imagined rights of the fetus.

And it's not "murder". That's a legal term with a specific meaning. Abortion does not qualify as "murder", but most who are against choice like to say that.

He simply doesn't have the guts to stand up for his beliefs

He has the guts to understand that people feel differently from him and it should be the choice of the woman.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The premie in NICU and the same child in the womb are no different excepting their location.

It is splitting hairs to think so. If the one has all the rights of a human being, including the right to life, then so should the other.

Indeed, murderers and can prosecuted for two murders if they kill a pregnant woman.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The premie in NICU and the same child in the womb are no different excepting their location.

Agreed. And location makes all the difference.

It is splitting hairs to think so. If the one has all the rights of a human being, including the right to life, then so should the other.

Write your congressman. You're not going to convince me that some woman's medical care is my business or yours.

Indeed, murderers and can prosecuted for two murders if they kill a pregnant woman.

I've heard this before, but I've never seen any cases. But it's understandable. Seems to me that if the woman's plan was to have a child, then the murderer took two lives. If she was planning an abortion, the killer would be would be taking one life, because the pregnancy wasn't going to fruition.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join