It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden: Human Life Begins at Conception

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well it looks like possible Presidential Candidate, Vice President Joe Biden, believes life begins at conception.

He said this in a recent interview.

He also says he is not willing to legislate that however.

Looks like he knows the correct ways to "satisfy" two sides of the controversy.

But his own personal belief seems to take abortion into moral question.

What will voters think if and when he decides to actually run for President?

This stance is good? or bad?

Joe Biden: Human Life Begins at Conception

In an interview with Catholic magazine America, Vice President Joe Biden said he personally agrees with the Catholic teachings that life begins at conception and that abortion is always wrong, but he isn’t willing to legislate based on that belief.

“I’m prepared to accept that at the moment of conception there’s human life and being,” Biden said. “But I’m not prepared to say that to other God-fearing, non-God-fearing people that have a different view.”

“There’s even been disagreement in our church, not that— abortion is always wrong,” he said. “But there’s been debate, and so there’s for me a point where the church makes a judgment— as we Catholics call de fide doctrine— said, ‘This is what our doctrine is.’”

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'd like to let Joe Biden know my ass is also Dry and could use some kissing.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
He has the right to believe anything he wants, if he believes that life begins at conception...I have no problem with that.

When he uses politics and his position of power to impose his beliefs on women, that's when we'll have a problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Definitely an interesting find. I want to throw it out there that Planned Parenthood does a lot more than provide abortions.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I think it's a brilliant move on his part. He is the incumbent and no one believes he would attempt any sort of legislative walk back on abortion.

This way he can appear to be unthreatening to pro life Democrats while suffering no losses from the base or even the fringes as it is clear that there is no transgression substantial enough to cause their allegiance to wane.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Put differently, if you weren't human at conception, you aren't human now.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
That was great. Never heard it put like that before.And the absolute truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
He has the right to believe anything he wants, if he believes that life begins at conception...I have no problem with that

Joe Biden is pretending that its a religious belief when the science has been crystal clear on this one for a long, long time.
A new human being comes into existence and is alive at the moment of conception.

There is no debate to be had on when life begins, the debate lies in when and if its okay to end that life.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenI have always called Biden the "lovable idiot" . But every now and then he messes up and states something great....

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

A *potential* person comes into existence at the moment of conception.

It's definitely a living organism that depends on a host to survive until it's born.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's definitely a living organism that depends on a host to survive until it's born.

Yes.

*potentially* born.

Depending on who gets to decide.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Who makes that decision when a miscarriage happens?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Science is hardly crystal clear on that.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

What you are doing is changing the debate from "when does life begin" to "what constitutes as life?" or worse yet... "when should we care about that life?".

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Put differently, if you weren't human at conception, you aren't human now.

Who is saying that you aren't a human at conception?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Who makes that decision when a miscarriage happens?

Let me guess... God?

Isn't that why ya'll call 'em spontaneous abortions?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How is it that we trust the government with trade deals,look the other way on illegal wars,spying,an endless droning policy,GMOs,and on and on and yet we can't pass a bill that would allow a woman to have an abortion up to 5 months(!) because that would be a "slippery slope".Bullsh!t.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Honey, we're pregnant!
Great, lets take out a life insurance policy on her/him!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
How is it that we trust the government with trade deals,look the other way on illegal wars,spying,an endless droning policy,GMOs,and on and on and yet we can't pass a bill that would allow a woman to have an abortion up to 5 months(!) because that would be a "slippery slope".Bullsh!t.

Hey here's a thought...

How about we stop doing all those things instead of using them to justify killing babies.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

What you are doing is changing the debate from "when does life begin" to "what constitutes as life?" or worse yet... "when should we care about that life?".

And what you're doing is posting your opinion and trying to masquarade it as science when it's more of a philosophical question.
edit on 22-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join