It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden: Human Life Begins at Conception

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is splitting hairs to think so. If the one has all the rights of a human being, including the right to life, then so should the other.

Indeed, murderers and can prosecuted for two murders if they kill a pregnant woman.

The difference is Choice.

When someone takes something from you --- not by your Choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Abstinence is pretty darn cheap. Doesn't even use tax dollars.

Yeah, that's been tried.

Doesn't even work for celibate men of the cloth.

Actually abstinence works perfectly fine. If they are having sex, they aren't practicing abstinence.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL , Crazy Joe Missed his True Calling , he should have become a Priest .............

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If we discover bacteria on Mars we'll call it "life", but a fetus is just a disposable and profitable lifeless nothing that we dismember, sell and throw the rest in the trash.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FearYourMind

A Fetus is Not Lifeless , now there's the Rub !

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've never heard ANY pro-choice people call a fetus "lifeless" or claim that it's not life or alive. But those who want the government to make our reproductive choices always seem to argue that point.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's because a fetus is alive, yet the pro-choice advocates fail to value that fact.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Seems the same people who are pro-choice don't mind the government making every other choice for them. They love the government umbrella over them. Also, now that we have admitted a fetus is life, how can a woman say it's her body and her choice? If a fetus is considered life, that is not your body to kill.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FearYourMind

That's because a fetus is alive, yet the pro-choice advocates fail to value that fact.

That's not true. I'm one of the most vocal advocates of choice and personal freedom around here and I have NEVER said nor seen anyone say that a fetus is dead. Can you show me where pro-choice advocates are saying this?

Seems the same people who are pro-choice don't mind the government making every other choice for them. They love the government umbrella over them.

Really? I haven't seen that either. You're making a lot of claims without anything to back them up. I want the government OUT of my personal life. What I do with my body is none of the government's business.

Also, now that we have admitted a fetus is life, how can a woman say it's her body and her choice?

Because it is INSIDE and DEPENDENT ON her for its very life. If she doesn't have an abortion, the fetus will grow, cause sickness and vomiting, electrolyte imbalance, hormonal imbalance, hypertension, major pain, high blood pressure, anemia, infection, incontinence and even death from deep vein thrombosis, staph infection or blood loss. Not to mention postpartum depression and PTSD after the birth.

Is it your position that the woman shouldn't have a choice as to whether she goes through all that and puts her life at stake?

Cancer is life. It multiplies and grows inside a person's body and is dependent on the host for its very survival, just like a fetus. Do you have the right to tell someone that they shouldn't have it removed from their body?
edit on 9/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You compare a fetus to cancer? That shows the mindset you have. Quite disturbing really. Also, I didn't say pro-choice advocates denied fetuses were alive, I said they fail to value that fact. I have 3 children with my wife and she didn't go through a fraction of the symptoms you described up there. Sounds like pregnancy fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You compare a fetus to cancer?

I'm comparing them in that they are both alive and grow inside the body to make a point. I'm not saying a fetus IS cancer.

Also, I didn't say pro-choice advocates denied fetuses were alive, I said they fail to value that fact.

So, you're saying that because YOU value that fact, everyone else should? As I said, I am one of the most vocal advocates of choice and personal freedom around here, and I would NEVER have an abortion. I agree with Joe Biden. I THINK life begins at conception. That's my opinion. But I realize that not everyone shares my OPINION, and that's where FREEDOM comes in. The freedom to have opinions and the right to autonomy over one's person. My opinions about abortion are based on the Constitution.

I have 3 children with my wife and she didn't go through a fraction of the symptoms you described up there. Sounds like pregnancy fear mongering.

That's not the point. Should a woman have the choice to go through that or not? Pregnancy Complications

I actually forgot about gestational diabetes and a few others. But you didn't answer my question. You didn't answer ANY of my questions...

Is it your position that the woman shouldn't have a choice as to whether she goes possible complications and puts her life at stake?

My niece died from childbirth.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I am truly sorry to hear about your niece and I know she is in a better place now and you'll see her again. I don't think abortion should be used as a method of birth control. If complications occur then of course the mother should be saved, but that isn't the reasoning behind the majority of abortions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join