It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

And in closing...gotta get going. With all that truth being said, we are still the best place to live in the world! Sad...huh?

ehh... I moved out of the US over a decade ago and I gotta say... nope.

Proud US-expat.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately there are a lot of things in the world that are not accepted by western societies. This boy play in the middle east, FGM in many of the same parts of the world. Those of us in the west will never understand or condone it, we can try to stop it, but it will never truly be eliminated. We have to look no farther than Kim Davis in this country, to know that religion and culture carries a lot of weight in every society.

It wasn't long ago in our own country that 13 and 14 YO's were married and having children, I have examples in my own family tree.

I do not condone these these things, but most likely the current perpetrators were once victims. The world is a big place, our horror and disbelief are sometimes misplaced with all of the atrocities that were committed in the founding of the USA.
edit on 9/21/2015 by BubbaJoe because: brain faster than fingers

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Baldryck

You've said more than once you would not be part of the *pedophile squad*. You said you would stand up and do something about it. You said you would rather disobey orders and stop the rape from happening. So... enlist, go over there and make good on what you said you would do. Back up what you are condemning others for not doing or quit condemning them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I suppose what it comes down to is, "those know do not talk, those who talk do not know."

I already commented that there are multiple daily flights into Kabul, but so far I have a) no replies asking for more info and b) zero...wait...yep, zero u2u messages asking for more info.

Maybe they already got their tickets?

This is nonsense, and hopefully a joke... the pedophiles are protected by the US government... the most likely thing that would happen to me is getting shot by a US marine...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here is the applicable portion of the UCMJ (uniform code of Military Justice).

It most assuredly doesn't excuse "I was following orders"...at least to my mind.

Article 78--Accessory after the Fact.

“Any person subject to this chapter who, knowing that an offense punishable by this chapter has been committed, receives, comforts, or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial, or punishment shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Article 81--Conspiracy.

“Any person subject to this chapter who conspires with any other person to commit an offense under this chapter shall, if one or more of the conspirators does an act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Article 120--Rape, Sexual Assault, and other sexual misconduct.

The applicable portion of this article is below...

Rape of a child not yet 12

(i) That the accused engaged in a sexual act with a child; and

(ii) That at the time of the sexual act the child had not attained the age of twelve years.
Rape of a child who has attained the age of 12 years but has not attained the age of 16 years

By using force:

(i) That the accused engaged in a sexual act with a child;

(ii) That at the time of the sexual act the child had attained the age of 12 years but had not attained the age of 16 years; and

(iii) That the accused did so by using force against that child.
By causing grievous bodily harm:

(ii) That at the time of the sexual act the child had attained the age of 12 years but had not attained the age of 16 years; and

(iii) That the accused did so by causing grievous bodily harm to any person.
By using threats or placing in fear:

(iii) That the accused did so by threatening or placing that child in fear that any person will be subjected to death, grievous bodily harm, or kidnapping.
By rendering that child unconscious:

(iii) That the accused did so by rendering that child unconscious.

There are applicable, if creative JAG's are involved, ways to punish for these crimes.

Then, of course, there's this one...

Article 133--Conduct unbecoming.

“Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Elements.

(1) That the accused did or omitted to do certain acts; and

(2) That, under the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman.

There are provisions in the UCMJ to cover this despicable event.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

None of which applies to people who aren't subject to the UCMJ.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

You've said more than once you would not be part of the *pedophile squad*. You said you would stand up and do something about it. You said you would rather disobey orders and stop the rape from happening. So... enlist, go over there and make good on what you said you would do. Back up what you are condemning others for not doing or quit condemning them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I suppose what it comes down to is, "those know do not talk, those who talk do not know."

I already commented that there are multiple daily flights into Kabul, but so far I have a) no replies asking for more info and b) zero...wait...yep, zero u2u messages asking for more info.

This is nonsense, and hopefully a joke... the pedophiles are protected by the US government... the most likely thing that would happen to me is getting shot by a US marine...

What's nonsense about it, guy? The overwhelming majority of Afghanis live and work everywhere EXCEPT aboard American installations. The flip side of the coin is that the American military isn't everywhere, all the time.

Plenty of time and opportunity for the righteous to get to work.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not so much the Afghani's...more's the pity.

But the soldiers who might be abetting. Though I would be reluctant to prosecute the soldiers, especially the enlisted types, or very junior officers...Senior officers, though? A whole 'nother cup of tea.

...and it would be very tough to make it stick. Very tough.

But it would be a warning shot across a collective group of bows, I think...

Though I'm certainly not knowledgeable enough in this area to make an infallible judgement.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

None of which applies to people who aren't subject to the UCMJ.

soldiers that help a pedophile are doing this:

“Any person subject to this chapter who conspires with any other person to commit an offense under this chapter shall, if one or more of the conspirators does an act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

and this:

“Any person subject to this chapter who, knowing that an offense punishable by this chapter has been committed, receives, comforts, or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial, or punishment shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

and this:

“Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Elements.

(1) That the accused did or omitted to do certain acts; and

(2) That, under the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman.

Unless you think standing by while a child is raped is something a gentleman would do...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

What's nonsense about it, guy? The overwhelming majority of Afghanis live and work everywhere EXCEPT aboard American installations. The flip side of the coin is that the American military isn't everywhere, all the time.

Plenty of time and opportunity for the righteous to get to work.

The US troops who are allowing kids to be raped on US military bases, and who have been, for years, are who I'm talking about... maybe you missed the title of the thread?

I am not suggesting that anyone go to any country and stop all crime... I AM suggesting that the US military, as unsurprising as it is, has been helping pedophiles for years, in Afghanistan, and that that should be stopped...

Me going and Afghanistan will do nothing to stop it, and the people responsible are under under orders to protect the pedos in question.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The key phrase in each article is "subject to this chapter." Obviously, the Afghanis aren't subject to it. Each of those articles is a total non-factor to them. Even Article 78, because it requires one to give aid to the offender. Who's the offender? According to Afghan law, nobody is. And the person committing the act isn't subject to the law that would hold him accountable.

Neat how the politicians and senior brass have that all worked out, isn't it?

And yet people want to take a giant crap all over the junior enlisted for not doing something while remaining completely ignorant to all the factors in play. And take that giant crap from the comfort of their recliner at home as they angrily mash their keyboard.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yea the problem with law is that you have to read the law as it's written. Not as whatever you want it to mean.

So the whole "pedophile offender" goes right out the window seeing as the person committing the act isn't subject to the articles quoted in any way, and is not doing anything illegal according to the law they are subject to.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The key phrase in each article is "subject to this chapter." Obviously, the Afghanis aren't subject to it. Each of those articles is a total non-factor to them. Even Article 78, because it requires one to give aid to the offender. Who's the offender? According to Afghan law, nobody is. And the person committing the act isn't subject to the law that would hold him accountable.

Neat how the politicians and senior brass have that all worked out, isn't it?

And yet people want to take a giant crap all over the junior enlisted for not doing something while remaining completely ignorant to all the factors in play. And take that giant crap from the comfort of their recliner at home as they angrily mash their keyboard.

US troops don't obey Afghan law, unless you're suggesting it's legal for them to rape children in Afghanistan...??

You can't have it both ways...

Either US troops obey US military law, which they are NOT, or they obey Afghan law and get to rape kids and stone women, etc., etc.

Which of these are you choosing?

As for people mashing their keyboard, I'd rather be that person than someone who sits around and justifies doing nothing to help a kid being raped, because... why again?

Oh yes, "all the factors in play".

Imagine if someone raped your kid, and the police stood by and did nothing, then explained to you later, "sorry we didn't stop that rapist, but look there were a lot of factors in play..."

I'm sure you'd just say, "oh well... factors and what not, no worries".

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Europe is currently under invasion by this "culture" yet those leaders/citizens who oppose this influx are the xenophobes, islamophobes, knuckle draggers as ALL cultures are "equal." Kumbaya and all...

Secretary of State John Kerry increases the number of "refugees" from 10,000 to 200,000 with the wave of hand...accept!

The power brokers ALL know this. That the "blame America first crowd" has diverted that blame to the 20 year old PFC, who enlisted for college money and comes from a town w/no job opportunities, is now somehow shouldered with the BLAME for "standing down" as this "cultural" deviance is accepted by COs is almost as sick as the act itself.

There is ugly and evil in the world and PC "acceptance" of "cultural diversity" and ALL societies are equal and we (the west) have no right to admonish their differences really is at fault here. Maybe that's why previous generations established national BORDERS...if they couldn't stop atrocities they could at least keep them far away. We now are told we MUST accept them (the cultural differences) as they are totally equal to our own way of life.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

And I'm talking about the members ranting about how they'd never stand by and let it happen blah blah blah.

And yet, they're standing by and letting it happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Yea the problem with law is that you have to read the law as it's written. Not as whatever you want it to mean.

So the whole "pedophile offender" goes right out the window seeing as the person committing the act isn't subject to the articles quoted in any way, and is not doing anything illegal according to the law they are subject to.

No. And that's OBVIOUSLY untrue.

We killed plenty of Nazis for doing things that were completely legal in Nazi Germany, and we have done the same in war after war after war after war...

We don't judge what our soldiers do based on local law... and our soldiers standing by why someone rapes a child is against our law... that's what our soldiers follow...

I know it's pretty grey on occasion, but letting pedophiles use our bases to rape kids, for YEARS, and then punishing any soldier who dared to question it, that's not grey, that's inky black.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And I'm talking about the members ranting about how they'd never stand by and let it happen blah blah blah.

And yet, they're standing by and letting it happen.

We all stand by and let a million awful things happen, but that IS different to an institution doing something...

We as citizens have to control our military through our politicians... of course they're basically a fourth branch of government in 2015, but even so... you HAVE to stand up and say, "at the very least you can't rape boys on US military bases".

And then work back from there...

We don't let them stone women on US military bases, do we?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here is an excellent documentary covering the topic at hand, as well as other difficulties endured while "helping" our fine friends in Afghanistan.

news.vice.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda
Europe is currently under invasion by this "culture" yet those leaders/citizens who oppose this influx are the xenophobes, islamophobes, knuckle draggers as ALL cultures are "equal." Kumbaya and all...

Secretary of State John Kerry increases the number of "refugees" from 10,000 to 200,000 with the wave of hand...accept!

The power brokers ALL know this. That the "blame America first crowd" has diverted that blame to the 20 year old PFC, who enlisted for college money and comes from a town w/no job opportunities, is now somehow shouldered with the BLAME for "standing down" as this "cultural" deviance is accepted by COs is almost as sick as the act itself.

There is ugly and evil in the world and PC "acceptance" of "cultural diversity" and ALL societies are equal and we (the west) have no right to admonish their differences really is at fault here. Maybe that's why previous generations established national BORDERS...if they couldn't stop atrocities they could at least keep them far away. We now are told we MUST accept them (the cultural differences) as they are totally equal to our own way of life.

Where to even start... Europe is not being invaded by Afghanis, Syrians and Iraqis aren't known for endless child rape, and many of the refugees in question are fleeing wars the US started, so it only seems fair to take in a few thousand people fleeing from the US wars.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The junior enlisted, and the junior officers are caught between a rock and a very hard place. They act as honor demands, their careers are finished, whether they're exonerated or not.

It's the senior officers and their political masters that need to be held accountable.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I read this on Steve Quayle this morning, it sickens me so badly but it is not something that we have not suspected all along.

When we discuss the rape of millions I feel like people always think about women, but in Islam it is anyone they please.

When you think of the slaves and what they endure keep in mind their children (no birth control measures) and their children.

It is so sick and beyond inhumane.

I recall in sociology 101 learning about children being passed like footballs from one building to another without any recourse regardless of the outcome for the child. We have come so far (western civilized world) in children's rights since those dark and evil days when there was no one standing up and championing their rights, Islam will too eventually but when they think that it is their right and privilege to cause terror, torture and harm to the most vulnerable, it creates such a conscious stream that those who disagree are in danger of harm, so they go along.

I think humanity is in its last and final days.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join