It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We aren't talking about a new race of alien beings. This gross behavior has probably been known for ever. Just because some of us are just finding out about it doesn't mean that diplomats and politicians are new to it. They've always known.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is really no disputing that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Is interesting that our nations leaders ask the middle east leaders to improve the role of women in their society, but we do not tell them to stop the exploitation of children, neither our leaders condemn middle eastern countries that still practice the traditions of marrying littler girls to older men, because that is part of their traditions.

Nobody even mention before the acts of raping younger boys, I believe that they do this more to pre adolescent boys past the age of 10 than at early age.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
and of course the US is responsible for the heroin in Afghanistan... well, they knew that the dams they were building was changing the water table and encouraging poppy growth, but they didn't want to look like pussies in front of Russia so they ignored warnings, and let the country to decades of drug warlords...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: MOMof3

Is interesting that our nations leaders ask the middle east leaders to improve the role of women in their society, but we do not tell them to stop the exploitation of children, neither our leaders condemn middle eastern countries that still practice the traditions of marrying littler girls to older men, because that is part of their traditions.

Nobody even mention before the acts of raping younger boys, I believe that they do this more to pre adolescent boys past the age of 10 than at early age.

raping boys was a sign of privilege... treating woman like garbage is universal... shutting up about pedophiles protects their interests, just like condemning the mistreatment of women...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

I don't think you wanna go down this road...

Never was it culturally acceptable to lynch blacks in the US.

"Ironically, the Ku Klux Klan became reenergized by the returning black veterans, who wore their uniforms and seemed to know no fear, and thought they could assert their equality. The response of the KKK was a renewal of violence. Some of the more egregious examples:

You do know that your discussing the South...lynching wasn't accepted by most of America.

Socially accepted and that was in the 1940s.

In certain societies in the south it may have been accepted...culturally it was never accepted in the US.

In fact my grandparent's were raised in the early half of the 20th century and at no time did they accept lynching black people as being okay.

In fact ask anyone who was born in the early 20th century and ask them if it was acceptable...bet they say no it wasn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

I don't think you wanna go down this road...

Never was it culturally acceptable to lynch blacks in the US.

"Ironically, the Ku Klux Klan became reenergized by the returning black veterans, who wore their uniforms and seemed to know no fear, and thought they could assert their equality. The response of the KKK was a renewal of violence. Some of the more egregious examples:

You do know that your discussing the South...lynching wasn't accepted by most of America.

Socially accepted and that was in the 1940s.

In certain societies in the south it may have been accepted...culturally it was never accepted in the US.

In fact my grandparent's were raised in the early half of the 20th century and at no time did they accept lynching black people as being okay.

In fact ask anyone who was born in the early 20th century and ask them if it was acceptable...bet they say no it wasn't.

I grew up in the deep south, you're wrong.

Not only that, but the article I linked to showed that the FBI knew that, "the three-term governor of Georgia, Eugene Talmadge, sanctioned the murders to sway rural white voters during a tough election campaign".

You don't do that unless it's popular. Which it obviously was, which history books and oral accounts show it was.

I know it's not nice to think that's true, but it IS true.

The South, BTW, is America, it's not all of America, but it's America. And in America, less than 80 years ago, it was seen as a tactic to help a governor win re-election.

BTW, the last person to be lynched in America by the KKK was in the 1980s.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If it's accepted as culture in their country, then we need to make that country a glass parking lot and do away with those radical beliefs.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Where are the boys father's at? Sorry, but I would do some cruel and inhumane things to these scumbags if they even looked at my boys the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
You guys don't know the half of it. And it's not just Afghanistan.

Would you be able to elaborate a little, or would that be too difficult..I can understand if you chose not to, because this kind of thing makes me unable to breath properly, brings tears to my eyes, and causes faint strokes of vomiting..

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Where are the boys father's at? Sorry, but I would do some cruel and inhumane things to these scumbags if they even looked at my boys the wrong way.

Diddling other boys, growing or muling poppy to get money and get status so they can diddle other boys, doing something else to get status so they can diddle other boys, or using their government position to diddle other boys.

You grew up in a country that says driving on the left side of the road is wrong (if you're in the US). If you grew up in a country where this was the norm and you were told all your life that it was normal and you knew no different than it, I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Are we really going to rock the boat if we go "hey, d*ckhead, don't do that"... if we do, then so be it, I'm sure the world will for once approve of us vs the usual narrative we hear, and oh yea, we will be putting a stop to a bunch of young children being raped... win/win... but no, lets not offend "their" sick archaic culture...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I watched the below vid a couple years ago and there is a segment on the issue dealing with warlords using little boys. There's a quote by a warlord which goes something like "what do you expect the men to do? eff their grandmothers?" . .

To know more about the situation, watch this. It's an excellent but sad documentary. Really sad for the Marine being interviewed as he is a good man trying to make positive changes and eventually gets ousted by the corrupt world he's trying to fix.

b

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Back a few years ago I believe in 2011 the article of the Afghan dancing boys was posted here in ATS. The article I found is from 2009

This is a tradition in that part of the world and like many say acceptable in their culture even if is look at something despicable here in the west.

Ignored by society, Afghan dancing boys suffer centuries-old tradition

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- A young boy dressed in women's clothing, his face caked in make-up, dances the night away for a crowd of men.

The bells on his feet chime away, mimicking the entertainment and sexual appeal of female dancers. But there is no mistaking his pubescent body and face as he concentrates, focusing on every step in order to please his master and his master's guests.

This all played out in a video that CNN obtained from a person involved in the parties.

The boy is but one youth among many throughout the country forced into an age-old underground tradition known as "bacha bazi," or "boy play," in which young boys are taken from their families, made to dance and used as sex slaves by powerful men. The number of boys involved is unknown -- the practice has been going on for centuries, in a country where such practices are overshadowed by conflict and war.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The problem is the perversion of male lust.. the Koran does not have teachings that oppose inappropriate sexual conduct; the Koran does not distinguish between spirituality and carnality, or rather beastiality, as lust that has become perverted and psychopathic is actually an expression of the Beast and His satanic influence..

In these actions is where the Beast resides.. and people who practice sexual assault require the Rite of Exorcism..
edit on 21-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's another good reason that military funds should be dumped into intelligence. We should concentrate on defense. Instead we choose overtness and apathy. Instead of rescuing lives, we're throwing them away.

The opposing side is even doing damage to people through covertness and diplomacy. If we cant be covert and diplomatic because it will be more effective, we should do it just to outwit our enemy.

Now it's just blood sweat and tears. It all seems so obvious, I begin to wonder if the obvious is being ignored.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: jhn7537

Morality, to me is not relative.

But we can't go around putting a bullet in a baby rapists head either. We all know its wrong, but in Afghanistan and a huge chunk of the Middle East it is acceptable and legal to have sex with young boys.

We cannot arrest someone or kill someone for what is legal in their country. Our laws do not apply to their people.

YOU JUST NUCLEARIZE IT

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gentledissident

In what countries of the Middle East is this common practice? Are there any maps and studies showing where this most proliferates? Is this a "cultural" problem due to the Islamic faith, or does it have to do with individual nation state culture, custom and practice?

Is the problem their faith or is it their culture? Are these "cultures" living under thecratic Sharia law? What would be the Imam's opinion about all of this? How does the Imam believe Allah responds to the prevalence of such practices?
edit on 21-9-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Diddling other boys, growing or muling poppy to get money and get status so they can diddle other boys, doing something else to get status so they can diddle other boys, or using their government position to diddle other boys.

I certainly hope not.

f you grew up in a country where this was the norm and you were told all your life that it was normal and you knew no different than it, I doubt it.

Unsure what you meant by that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
People who just follow orders blindly are no better than the Nazis who executed their "orders"... If you're aware of the problem, there, and doing nothing; well, that makes you part of the problem...

The other bad thing about this is that it somehow causes people to become increasingly normalized into that same culture and practice.. it's the promotion of indifference.. and promotion of acceptance..

I hope this type of thing does not arrive to either the US or Europe, it would be the end of time if it did..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join