It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldiers Told to Ignore Sexual Abuse of Boys by Afghan Allies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CTRTCTRT

You've said more than once you would not be part of the *pedophile squad*. You said you would stand up and do something about it. You said you would rather disobey orders and stop the rape from happening. So... enlist, go over there and make good on what you said you would do. Back up what you are condemning others for not doing or quit condemning them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I suppose what it comes down to is, "those know do not talk, those who talk do not know."

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I could not but at the same time my actions would not be known to others and I can only hope that is the way much of this goes

Sadly, there's absolutely no evidence that any US troops tried to stop this in legal or illegal ways, except for two, and they were both punished for their efforts... the same # went down in Abu Gharib, etc., people just followed orders and tortured and killed people... hell, the CIA created, and trained, and funded the Iranian secret police, and they went on to torture and kill 10s of thousands of civilians... of course that was after the CIA overthrew the democratically elected Iranian government, twice, and also invaded Iran militarily, so... we don't really have a moral leg to stand on...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Good for you! Seriously. But those are the facts. Our military is trained to obey their commanders and them, their commanders. The actions of our military are dictated just like in a dictatorship by our government who are more about politics than winning, morals or values. If you want to solve the problem...then address our government. If you just want to put a bandaid on it...address the troops. You know...the same ones often told not to shoot back, not to go rescue their buddies (Benghazi), etc.

I feel the same as you. I would probably die trying. But that is not the majority of the military. They are warriors who follow orders.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck

You've said more than once you would not be part of the *pedophile squad*. You said you would stand up and do something about it. You said you would rather disobey orders and stop the rape from happening. So... enlist, go over there and make good on what you said you would do. Back up what you are condemning others for not doing or quit condemning them. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I suppose what it comes down to is, "those know do not talk, those who talk do not know."

You don't hang out with crooks to stop crime... unless you're suggesting some sort of deep undercover sting... which I assume you are not..

the only way this is going to be stopped in not from within... the troops are obviously brainwashed beyond rational thought...

want it to stop, make sure everyone knows about it and hopefully someone can shame the pols to do something... me joining the military, to intentionally go sit in a cell, is stupid...

edit on 21-9-2015 by CTRTCTRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Besides lots of people disobey orders and get punished.. this would be one I didn't follow, and I'd probably end up in jail for it... happily.

Gotta agree there. There has to be something in the uniform code of military justice that covers this.

And BTW: Bush knew about it, and whomever is elected next will also know about it and probably do nothing about it either...

If he knew of it. Remember there is much that Presidents aren't told. There aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the week for them to deal with everything. Not defending, just sayin' that someone further down on the food chain may have decided that the President doesn't need to know this...

Having said that? The buck stops in the Oval Office. If he didn't know, he should have, or one of the underlings should have told him.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

that's the thing though, we long ago stopped letting our enemies off for "following orders," but we happily let our own troops off for doing things that would make neo-nazis blush... it's a nonsense that is unsustainable...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Besides lots of people disobey orders and get punished.. this would be one I didn't follow, and I'd probably end up in jail for it... happily.

Gotta agree there. There has to be something in the uniform code of military justice that covers this.

And BTW: Bush knew about it, and whomever is elected next will also know about it and probably do nothing about it either...

If he knew of it. Remember there is much that Presidents aren't told. There aren't enough hours in the day, or days in the week for them to deal with everything. Not defending, just sayin' that someone further down on the food chain may have decided that the President doesn't need to know this...

Having said that? The buck stops in the Oval Office. If he didn't know, he should have, or one of the underlings should have told him.

Well the DOD commissioned a report on it, so the military knew all about it... and this is the same Bush that set up torture chambers in Eastern Europe, so I doubt he wouldn't blinked at this.. consider how many children were killed in the Iraq War... he doesn't care...

neither will the next guy...

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I've got another revelation for you if you're up for it. Did you know that Saddam Hussein was actually "good" leader? You see...Saddam knew something that us Americans couldn't understand. We see the world and the people of the world like we see ourselves. Civilized, wanting peace and freedom. Nice people for the most part. Saddam knew better. He knew that to rule over animals like those in the middle-east and Muslims, you have to rule by fear. You have to prove that you will kill to keep the peace...that you are willing to put them into a meat grinder feet first. Then the animals behave and Iraq is at peace. As soon as we took Saddam out...along comes the bad guys, ISIS, rampant murder and terrorism, etc.

We think we know everything and we know very little about others. Their goals, values, and morals. Back to the pedophiles, those who stone women, etc. They are NOT like us and can't be treated like us.
edit on 9/21/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

that's the thing though, we long ago stopped letting our enemies off for "following orders," but we happily let our own troops off for doing things that would make neo-nazis blush... it's a nonsense that is unsustainable...

A long time ago, America was a much different place. Values, morals...respect for life. Look around my friend...we no longer live there. Look at our leaders...what we consider "OK" today. We have lost our way and in turn...our souls (if you believe in such things).

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I've got another revelation for you if you're up for it. Did you know that Saddam Hussein was actually "good" leader? You see...Saddam knew something that us Americans couldn't understand. We see the world and the people of the world like we see ourselves. Civilized, wanting peace and freedom. Nice people for the most part. Saddam knew better. He knew that to rule over animals like those in the mid-east and Muslims, you have to rule by fear. You have to prove that you will kill to keep the peace...that you are willing to put them into a meat grinder feet first. Then the animals behave and Iraq is at peace. As soon as we took Saddam out...along comes the bad guys, ISIS, rampant murder and terrorism, etc.

We think we know everything and we know very little about others. Their goals, values, and morals. Back to the pedophiles, those who stone women, etc. They are NOT like us and can't be treated like us.

I'm not sure I buy into that, but I would say this... the US is in bed with far worse people than Saddam, like SA, and put in power horrible dictators for decades... claiming that Saddam was overthrown because the US doesn't like bad guys is a huge joke...

Also, the US helped Saddam be the bad guy they suddenly decided was bad...

All you have to do is learn a bit of history and it's easy to a list of who the real bad guys are in the world...and hint, America's not on the right list...
edit on 21-9-2015 by CTRTCTRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

So...sad to say...where is the problem? Where is the place or the point that needs to be corrected? I would say it is close to home. Not out there.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CTRTCTRT

A long time ago, America was a much different place. Values, morals...respect for life. Look around my friend...we no longer live there. Look at our leaders...what we consider "OK" today. We have lost our way and in turn...our souls (if you believe in such things).

Sadly I'm not even sure that's true...

America did ATROCIOUS stuff post Truman Doctrine, it was founded on the mass genocide of it's indigenous people, then funded by slavery... there's not a lot of room left for any classic years of being super awesome and moral.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So...sad to say...where is the problem? Where is the place or the point that needs to be corrected? I would say it is close to home. Not out there.

It all comes back to the homicidal notion that the US is some sort of exceptional city on a hill that must be protected at all costs...

We're not special, morally, and killing hundreds of thousands of civilians over half a century to prove we're special is a hell of an own goal.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well...regardless, I with you on wiping out the pedophiles, the killers, the terrorists, etc., etc., etc. Besides, once all such people are gone, there will be a lot of free land available over there.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Although I agree that this is a disgusting issue and in no way am trying to minimize, to state that this is not an issue in the U.S is hor$h!t. here are a few stats from the National Center For Victims Of Crime.
And most of the victims of child sexual abuse never report the crime. The U.S has no higher moral fibre when it comes to this issue. "Lets not even get into the clergy of our higher Christian faith"-end sarcasm.

The last stat really disturbing.

Child Sexual Abuse Statistics

The prevalence of child sexual abuse is difficult to determine because it is often not reported; experts agree that the incidence is far greater than what is reported to authorities. CSA is also not uniformly defined, so statistics may vary. Statistics below represent some of the research done on child sexual abuse.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Children’s Bureau report Child Maltreatment 2010 found that 9.2% of victimized children were sexually assaulted (page 24).

Studies by David Finkelhor, Director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center, show that:

1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse;
Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident;
During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;

www.victimsofcrime.org...

a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Well...regardless, I with you on wiping out the pedophiles, the killers, the terrorists, etc., etc., etc. Besides, once all such people are gone, there will be a lot of free land available over there.

If you wipe out the baddies in most countries you'd free up a lot of space

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I agree with you. While I'm not 100% there yet, I understand why others call America the "Great Satan". If I live there as they do, I might feel the same way. Look at "the big bully" today...with our current administration failing so horribly, look at all the other nations coming out to kick us while we are down. Russia, North Korea, China, etc. Its not like we don't have it coming.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck

I already commented that there are multiple daily flights into Kabul, but so far I have a) no replies asking for more info and b) zero...wait...yep, zero u2u messages asking for more info.

Maybe they already got their tickets?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

And in closing...gotta get going. With all that truth being said, we are still the best place to live in the world! Sad...huh?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I agree with you. While I'm not 100% there yet, I understand why others call America the "Great Satan". If I live there as they do, I might feel the same way. Look at "the big bully" today...with our current administration failing so horribly, look at all the other nations coming out to kick us while we are down. Russia, North Korea, China, etc. Its not like we don't have it coming.

I encourage you to learn about the history of the US in South America, Afghanistan, Greece and Iran, just to name a few.

I'd also encourage you to learn about Edward Bernays...

There's few countries more responsible for death and destruction on this planet than America, and the people most clueless about this, ironically, are Americans, who literally don't even know why people hate them so much... it's a big mystery... until you spend time outside of America, then it becomes devastatingly clear...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join