It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13-Year-Old Boy Who Kissed a Girl on a Dare, Charged with Assault

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good. He knew it was wrong. 13 year olds are in 7th grade. You were smart enough to know that was completely unacceptable at that age. You don't grab someone and force your tongue into their mouth.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

When is it assault, and when is it “boys will be boys?”

When they assault someone. I just watched a video of a 17 year old walk up to another student and beat the crap out of him, including stomping on him and punching his head against a bench. The young man started having a seizure. Boys will be boys.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: Krakatoa
This is the paradox of today’s society and one that we should consider:

At what age should a person be held accountable for their actions? There are horror stories of young children, some younger than this young child, doing far worse, with no regret or concern for their actions. And unfortunately, I do not agree with the idea of calling the parents in and not involving the authorities.

Ask yourself this: What if it was your daughter that this happened to, would you be content to allow just a stern talking to by the parents? Or would you want more? Far too often we often look and say children make mistakes, however, in this case I would say this goes beyond what is childlike behavior and is border on adult criminal activity.

The reality is that the young boy did touch the girl, that would be grounds to call in his parents, but he went one step further, he did not let go of her, but held her and forcefully kissed her. That is assault and rape.
And if you look at the way the laws are written, the reality is that as long as he keeps his nose clean, being his age, his records will be sealed at the age of 18. So his life is not ruined as you so put it. He is not being charged as an adult, but as a juvenile offender.

It made the news....so it WILL follow him and be public knowledge the rest of his life. If you think any different, you live in a world of delusion. Whether the official record was sealed or not, is irrelevant. THhew workld knows about it and him. He will be shunned as soon as word gets out wherever he goes. THhat is the magic of the 24/7 Internet news and social media sharing environment we live in today.

As for if it was my daughter, yes I would not change my views in any way. I do not advocate incarceration for things that can be handled by one-n-one discussion. Perhaps that is something you personally fear having to do yourself, so you prefer to abdicate your duty to the police and court system. Good luck with that fiasco...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's just a boy being a boy. So the rights of girl do not matter. This line of thinking only belongs to one party and it is their MO.

Same people who think they can tell a woman what she can or can not do with her own body. This party also hates the Muslim community because of their so called belief system towards women, yet their ideology about women could be compared to the ones they hate.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Good. He knew it was wrong. 13 year olds are in 7th grade. You were smart enough to know that was completely unacceptable at that age. You don't grab someone and force your tongue into their mouth.

A 13 year old boy also knows it's wrong to bust windows, set random things on fire, and chuck their Xbox across the room. But they do stupid stuff because a 13 year old is generally stupid. Not by any fault of their own, they're just young. Yes, the boy did more than just steal a simple kiss. But the boy didn't do anything that warrants an arrest or hearing in front of a judge. Perhaps a nice spanking, chewing out, and a written and verbal apology. But not an arrest.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I see your point, but when it's something like sexual assault I feel it requires a serious response from the authorities. I remember being that age, and while I did a lot of stupid stuff, that was something I would have known was wrong and came with some serious consequences.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
I do not just abandon my personal responsibility to the police. However the child did attack another child, it was done in a sexual way. That is rape.

From what can be gathered from the report, neither child knew the other, they were not friends. So what is the difference between what this child did, and say a man reaching out and groping a woman, or doing the same thing? it is not right for neither the adult or the child.

And the one thing that everyone tends to forget, is that the baby boomers and the generations that followed, gave away that responsibility, hook, line and sinker. At one time a school could turn around and discipline a child, even use corporal punishment. But then slowly society and the "professionals" believed it was not good for the child. This gave raise to the child protective services. And all the while, the public was told that it was for the good of the child and their well being. And slowly, they whittled away a school's authority to deal with and handle difficult students. The law makers, the very people we all vote for, started passing laws, that slowly removed that authority from most schools. And every body thought it was a good idea. So now if you look at most school policies, and laws, guess what, if a child does something, like say forcefully kiss another student, the schools are mandated by law and school rules to contact the authorities and the police are involved. Most schools have officers on site.

So who really is to blame for this? The school that is having to follow the rules that the public and law makers pushed on them, or the people who voted for the lawmakers and pushed to get rid of their responsibility, and every one else's?

And it will only get worse. Just think, it could have been worse, if this young man had a cell phone and was say sending naughty pictures via text or receiving them.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They called the police for this !! really!!......and the police acted on it...omg...this society is so on its way to failure....

I am glad i went to school some 25 years ago,i slapped a girl on her ass for a dare when i was 14...in todays world i would likely have been charged......anyhow stupid dare it backfired on me i fancied this girl and when i asked her out later on in the year she said no and it was because of that damn dare

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yea for people making excuses for a kid assaulting a girl, just think how you would feel if that girl was your daughter.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Man I would have been a career sexual offender if laws were that strict when I was thirteen. I was unbelievably flirtatious at 13. Now granted, I did not force myself on girls but I was a bit touchy; wrapping my arm around their shoulder or waist playfully, pulling them by the hands, etc.

Girls didn't have issues with it though. I don't know, this whole generation is weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Spitting in someone's food is a "Battery" Spitting in a police officer's food is a Felony. Forcing your tongue down a non-consensual minor's throat is assault and battery! With the penetration angle it could be seen as rape.

I don't care if boy did this on a dare. Many regretful things were done on a dare. Wanting to be popular and accepted is no excuse.

edit on 19-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
it absolutely is assault and as the parent of a daughter i would have pushed hard for it.
grabbing someone and forcing your tongue in their mouth is assault.

if he would have grabbed another boy and did it would you all feel the same way.
dare or not
stupid kid or not

you dont ever have the right to do that to someone and a 13 year old should know the difference.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If the victim and her parents want to press charges the police have no choice but to make an arrest.

Do people not understand that?

Do people think that the police should be able to tell a victim that wants to press charges, no?

Also, forcibly kissing someone is not rape. It is assault or battery (depending on state).

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I never meant to make it seem like the cops had to arrest or they were the ones to blame for it, just that it seems overboard it had to come to that.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Also, forcibly kissing someone is not rape. It is assault or battery (depending on state).

At the very least, forcible French kissing is sexual assault.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
It's just a boy being a boy. So the rights of girl do not matter. This line of thinking only belongs to one party and it is their MO.

Same people who think they can tell a woman what she can or can not do with her own body. This party also hates the Muslim community because of their so called belief system towards women, yet their ideology about women could be compared to the ones they hate.

Lol! Blame the Republicans!!!

Hold on, my pitchfork and torch are in my trunk...

smmfh
edit on 9/19/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: Typo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just glad those cops were never at one of the parties/adventures I attended/threw as a 13yo !
He should know that girl germs can give you breasts ,and that later
in life they can strip you of everything you broke your back getting !
Lighten up people , ....

edit on 19-9-2015 by radarloveguy because: lol

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

We had popcorn day in elementary school. Popcorn costs a quarter for a big bag you could carry around with you all day and much on. A group of kids would prey on the poorest of their peers, in wealth and intelligence, then they'd bribe them with a bag of popcorn on a 'dare' to go hump some girl that they didn't like. [Looking back now probably ones that rejected them or blew them off]

These are 8-10 year olds mind you.

The poor kids, [infer context as you will] usually ended up with in school suspensions and their parents being notified. Im not sure they ever got the group of kids that were conspiring to pull it off. But looking back now they are the only ones I would deem 'guilty' and in need of punishment. The others are just hapless idiots.

The 'victims' if you want to call it that, will get along fine after. Its not the end of the world. And, keep in mind, when a girl grabs my ass at the bar, I chalk it up to 'girls will be girls' so Im an qual opportunist.

There were a few cliquey groups of girls that used to do the same thing, getting their female peers to do stupid stuff that got them in trouble as well. And again, Id sink the blame on them rather than their patsies.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

At the very least, forcible French kissing is sexual assault.

In France it just means the person likes you. Its named after the French after all...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
If someone you don't want grabs you and tries to kiss you, your mouth would be closed tight. How did he get his tongue in her mouth???

Good point but today letter of the law rules above common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join