It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13-Year-Old Boy Who Kissed a Girl on a Dare, Charged with Assault

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.slate.com...

Last week, in a middle school just outside Baltimore, a 13-year-old boy grabbed a 14-year-old girl by the shirt, pulled her to his face, and stuck his tongue inside her mouth. Police arrested the boy and charged him as a juvenile with second-degree assault.

Both online and in man-on-the-street interviews for local news, people have questioned the charge’s legitimacy. “I don’t know if an unwanted kiss is a second-degree assault of a person,” one woman said. But according to Maryland’s criminal code—which prohibits any unwanted, potentially injurious contact, whether or not it actually results in physical harm—it is.

Well done big boy Baltimore :/
You deserve some kind of price, perhaps a big statue portraying kids in a cage.
Very poorly handled in my opinion, Not only did someone call the police on that love struck boy.. And when police arrived instead of giving the 13 year old boy a warning, the police arrested him and charged him with second-degree assault.

When is it assault, and when is it “boys will be boys?”

edit on 19-9-2015 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Getting charged with assault is ridiculous.

He deserved a stern talking to and maybe some school level punishment, but not to be arrested.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Look the boy shouldn't of forcibly kissed the girl, should he be charged with assault and taken to jail probably not, I wonder what the girl thinks about it, or if she feels the crime is fits the punishment. We are a over zealous society and always game for a good witch hunt, and we slaughter each other with PC arguments regularly and it works. I think it's bull# and we are raising a society that has no conception or context.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I don't know much about this but, from the simple description, he grabbed her and jammed his tongue in her mouth. That actually is assault.

There are thirteen year olds innocuously pecking birds off guard without the violence to be merciful with and then there are those that could pass for adults behaving like brutes.

I think this is a job for her older brother and a bowl of ice.
edit on 19-9-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
www.slate.com...

Last week, in a middle school just outside Baltimore, a 13-year-old boy grabbed a 14-year-old girl by the shirt, pulled her to his face, and stuck his tongue inside her mouth. Police arrested the boy and charged him as a juvenile with second-degree assault.

Both online and in man-on-the-street interviews for local news, people have questioned the charge’s legitimacy. “I don’t know if an unwanted kiss is a second-degree assault of a person,” one woman said. But according to Maryland’s criminal code—which prohibits any unwanted, potentially injurious contact, whether or not it actually results in physical harm—it is.

Well done big boy Baltimore :/
You deserve some kind of price, perhaps a big statue portraying kids in a cage.
Very poorly handled in my opinion, Not only did someone call the police on that love struck boy.. And when police arrived instead of giving the 13 year old boy a warning, the police arrested him and charged him with second-degree assault.

Charge the parents. How about teaching your kid to keep his tongue out of other people's mouth unless it's wanted. Next time an over protective father may take this to the next level and sir tongue alot may get a reaction that makes the charge look pale in comparison

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Yea but it's silly when in context, it's a highly cherished child dare, not a rape or a desire to take something from a girl. When in context it's silly , and jail is not the answer. The boy may never kiss a girl again.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I'd rather get my ass kicked than go to jail or prison, in fact we should go back to the days when that kinda thing was accepted.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'd rather get my ass kicked than go to jail or prison, in fact we should go back to the days when that kinda thing was accepted.

Not the @ss kicking I would be concerned about in this day and age. The wrong over protective father may snatch his life.

link   

a reply to: greencmp

Yea but it's silly when in context, it's a highly cherished child dare, not a rape or a desire to take something from a girl. When in context it's silly , and jail is not the answer. The boy may never kiss a girl again.

I generally agree and I am certainly not for state involvement, just beat the crap out if him. He and any potential others will understand.

What gets me angry is the idea of him grabbing, pulling and sticking. This doesn't sound benign.

link   
If someone you don't want grabs you and tries to kiss you, your mouth would be closed tight. How did he get his tongue in her mouth??? The boy needs a good talking to, maybe some kind of punishment but this is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well that's murder, I'm a father and if some boy did that to my daughter I would get on his ass but I wouldn't kill him, I'd still keep context and logic in my mind. Then teach my daughter to knee in the nuts or kick him in the balls. Fair trade of you ask me.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
No doubt he'll be made to stand at the side of the road with a placard stating he's a little dirty pervert or something.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well that's murder, I'm a father and if some boy did that to my daughter I would get on his ass but I wouldn't kill him, I'd still keep context and logic in my mind. Then teach my daughter to knee in the nuts or kick him in the balls. Fair trade of you ask me.

You're applying your logic to the rest of society which is obviously missing for a good portion of people in this society.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

"Last week, in a middle school just outside Baltimore, a 13-year-old boy grabbed a 14-year-old girl by the shirt, pulled her to his face, and stuck his tongue inside her mouth. Police arrested the boy and charged him as a juvenile with second-degree assault."

I expected to read about a quick peck on the lips, but he actually grabbed her, forced her to him and stuck his tongue inside her mouth!

Dare or not, 13 years or not, he violated the girl alright. I would call it assault, but I would also call him a dumbass teengager and treat him as such (rather than a dangerous sex offender), if I was the jugde.
edit on 19-9-2015 by DupontDeux because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

It's a #en dare, kids value that kinda thing, and he wants to be known as the dare devil not shy to any dare. It's rediculous jail is not the answer, once again in context this becomes silly and non nefarious. I would bet the girl doesn't even think sending him to jail is right. Someone should ask her, but not only that jail at such a young age is damaging to children it's just stupid are we loosing our minds as a culture and society, has the news really scared us into believing a witch is about at ever dark alley and corner, need to shine some light and perspective and be logical not knee jerk hang him.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

As I wrote I would not treat (or try) him as a sex offender, as he surely did no intend to offend her sexually, but it really should not be relevant that he did on a dare.

He forced himself upon a girl.
He did offend her.
He did violate her.

Dare or not, he simply should not do it.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I agree it's wrong, forcing yourself on anyone Is always wrong I'm just saying jail in worse and an over reaction as well as criminal punishment. Should of got a punch in the mouth or knee to the balls any more than that is stupid. If he were my son id wear him out about respecting women and that dares a retarded. Jail no, just no

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I would have called his parents and let them ground him, or whatever. Calling the police was too drastic. Although I agree it was assault, and if had been adults, it would have been worse. But a kid? Take his x-box away for the weekend, that will teach him.

Btw, blowing cigarette smoke in someone's face is now considered assault. Some groups would call it "assault with a deadly weapon".

And off we go deeper and deeper into high strangeness.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's a #en dare, kids value that kinda thing, and he wants to be known as the dare devil not shy to any dare. It's rediculous jail is not the answer, once again in context this becomes silly and non nefarious. I would bet the girl doesn't even think sending him to jail is right. Someone should ask her, but not only that jail at such a young age is damaging to children it's just stupid are we loosing our minds as a culture and society, has the news really scared us into believing a witch is about at ever dark alley and corner, need to shine some light and perspective and be logical not knee jerk hang him.

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

She apparently talked to the cops. Not sure if you intepret that as she was upset or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I would have called his parents and let them ground him, or whatever. Calling the police was too drastic. Although I agree it was assault, and if had been adults, it would have been worse. But a kid? Take his x-box away for the weekend, that will teach him.

Btw, blowing cigarette smoke in someone's face is now considered assault. Some groups would call it "assault with a deadly weapon".

And off we go deeper and deeper into high strangeness.

I agree

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join