It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada - is he eligble for the Presidency?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

legally and technically he is U.S. citizen from time of birth because his mother was an U.S. citizen doesnt matter his father was foreign born

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yep, as obvious, based on the laws as Obama's natural born citizenship status was to anyone with more than a 1st grade education - even if he WAS born in Kenya, Cruz is also eligible based on his mother's citizenship.

Let's hope the same idiots go full-stupid again. The more time they spend dwelling on nonsense, the less time they have to spend trying to limit others' individual liberties under the equally nonsensical guise of patriotism.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

For many here may remember certain former members that now banned but at the time proved the docs were fake.

Bull#.

Yes I watched the debate but I feel that we have been drugged so far down a dirty dark path that even a used car salesman would bring good things to the office.

That's how people like Obama get elected. May want to rethink your approach comrade.

in my opinion he and Obama both should not be eligible for office but my views seem to differ with the interpretation others have made of the laws so he likely is eligible for office.

He is eligible and so was Obama.

Get over it.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This one is hilarious to me. Yes Ted Cruz is eligible because the people concerned have decided NOT to challenge it. It's basically a defacto law that any person born to at least one US citizen, whether on US soil or not is a natural born citizen unless/until it is challenged. I think it's how it should be.

The birther hypocrisy is what's hilarious. Even if Obama had been born in Kenya (which he wasn't) he's still eligible to be President by those same standards. The lack of outrage and birtherism over Cruz pretty much spells out what the birther 'movement' was really about.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Birth argument is just a smoke screen. The real problem is that Obama is brown and the Americans don't like it.
edit on 18-9-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Yeah, damn Americans. We hated it so much he got elected twice.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

My bad. I was referring to right-wing conservative Christians!

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

I'm not a label guy, so whatever you say. I think the nuances are way too fine and people make decisions for a variety of factors. I think the Christian and conservative haters out there like to paint with as broad of a brush as any other agenda driven group.

Can you find Christian conservatives who fit the category? Probably. But not as many as following the mainstream media would lead you to believe.

The fringe groups get the press because they're loud and make a dramatic visual presentation. Everybody likes to read about a nut. It makes them feel better about themselves. "Sure I'm not perfect, but I ain't THAT GUY!"

But the fringe groups by definition, are a very small minority. That's what makes them fringe.

Labels are for canned goods.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

edit on 18-9-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He is eligible and so was Obama.

I admitted that in both post and stated I did not agree

So then what is there for me too get over

by my rationale I am stating that Obama lied and he was not born here but that would not have disqualified him for the job and the same would go for teddy

Perhaps you have some issues you need to get over or deal with

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Canada? He was clearly born in Transylvania.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

by my rationale I am stating that Obama lied

That's what you need to get over.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

by my rationale I am stating that Obama lied

That's what you need to get over.

I have dealt with it but have not changed my mind about it.

I am sleeping again at nite.

by get over do you mean I should accept the lie like the rest of the lot does

yes it is a moot point now

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
neither one is legal. Obama is not even Kenyan, although it appears he was born there. His true biological father (Mohammed Subuh Sumohadiwojojo ) was Indonesian. Go pull up an image of that guy. Both Cruz and Obama should go away. All Obama has done, should be made null and void. Obama should be made to take a DNA test and the results posted for all to see, especiallyu the African American community, so they can see how they have been snookered.
Barack says he is a born again Christian, straight man born in the US........ LMAO

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
While the Republicans have often said that Obama was born in Kenya and thus not eligible for the Presidency, a fact that was proven incorrect by Obama releasing both the long and short forms of his birth certificate (which stated he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii), they don't make a peep when Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada, runs for the Presidency.

Cruz — full name: Rafael Edward Cruz — was born in Calgary, Canada, in 1970. His family was living there because his father was working for the oil industry at the time. They moved when he was four. Cruz grew up in Texas and graduated from high school there, later attending Princeton University and Harvard Law School.

In 2013, the first-term senator — already considered a prospective presidential candidate — released his birth certificate, which shows his mother was born in Delaware and his father was born in Cuba. (A situation similar to Obama, whose mother was born in Kansas and father was African.)

Well, Here's the problem. When the Constitution was originally being written the men at the Constitutional Convention were using the book "The Law of Nations" by Emerich de Vattel written in 1758 as a guide. And the problem here is that Vattel defines a natural born citizen as a child born to two citizens.

Link

Clearly Obama and Ted Cruz fail this test. And if this ever gets to a court that has to rule on Ted's eligibility well, he would probably lose. And then the problem becomes how in Hell are you going to unravel 8 years of a Obama Presidency?

That's why the legal system will never rule on this. It could start a civil war. And would probably end up with the USA fracturing into several republics when the central government fails.

edit on 18-9-2015 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

The answer to your question depends on whether you believe that the United States owns Canada (and the rest of the world) and can claim a child born on foreign soil is naturally born a U.S. citizen.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
While the Republicans have often said that Obama was born in Kenya and thus not eligible for the Presidency, a fact that was proven incorrect by Obama releasing both the long and short forms of his birth certificate (which stated he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii), they don't make a peep when Ted Cruz, who was born in Canada, runs for the Presidency.

I imagine you have this view because you don't hang out at birther forums. If you are expecting the 'news' to report on those questions and portray Birthers fairly, then YOU don't have a fair picture.

Yes. They question Cruz's eligibility -- they have FOR YEARS. Long before the current election.

...and Rubio's, and Jindal's.
edit on 18-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry but you can't give Ted Cruz back. We don't want him.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

nobody really cares
just pointing out your hypocrisy
this isnt to try to make cruz ineligible its to make the birthers look like the dumb sacks of somethingsomething that they are

you notice how nobody is actually pressing the issues and the questions being asked are just completely overladen with patronizing/mocking overtones?
....wonder why that could be?

sorry for being politically incorrect and direct with you
(but i know youll love me for.... right?)
edit on 18-9-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey, you have him now. We don't want him back so don't be bringing this up. So I'm saying that he is eligible so he will stay there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join