It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada - is he eligble for the Presidency?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

My opinion? Who gives a..... on both. It's a fricken distraction from REAL issues. That said, please don't call Cruz Canadian. Pretty please.

Your opinion is that you don't care, not that no one has a right to care because you do not...other than not wanting him to be Canadian.

Correct?

Correct. What's with this crap? Obama is American. McCain is American. Cruz is American. Like I said, it's a distraction from important issues.

Cruz is also Canadian though, eh?

it's important despite you proclaiming it's "crap," because divided allegiances are important to political science.

Canada is nothing to him. He just got dropped here.

...Unless you reject the science of politics in favor of feeeeeelings.

My only feelings, and probably 99% of Canadians from all political bents, "feel" that Cruz is a dickwad.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: windword
but I do know that Obama couldn't have been president back them because of his color, as only white men in good standing were allowed citizenship, in those days. So, there's that.

Birthers obviously think that should apply today!

Being a natural born U.S. Citizen is not the pinnacle of all you can achieve in terms of 'citizenship' unless you believe in some kind of American exceptionalism.

Some people want to be natural-born Hawaiian citizens, for example, and resent that the U.S. illegally overthrew the Hawaiian monarchy in violation of an international treaty.

Those natural-born citizens of Hawaii have a legitimate argument that people born in Hawaii are not under the jurisdiction of the U.S. government.

You must think U.S. citizenship is so totes superior, hellobruce. I see you race to comment on all-things-birther, on ATS, like you are desperate to prove U.S. citizenship is the most superior citizenship in the world and the most precious gift EVAH. You even call people racists if they disagree.

Bleh.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

[Canada is nothing to him. He just got dropped here.

You don't know what's in his heart. You only know what he says.

My only feelings, and probably 99% of Canadians from all political bents, "feel" that Cruz is a dickwad.

MANY U.S. Citizens, like myself, feel the same way. But I cannot legitimately claim to quantify it. However, my Dad was Canadian when I was born, I have dual citizenship, and my grandparents and aunts and uncles are Canadian. They are all far more conservative than I am -- even my pot-smoking younger cousin is more conservative than me. I wouldn't be surprised if all of them would happily embrace Cruz as a Canadian.

You cannot genuinely claim that 99% of Canadians think Cruz is a dickwad. You and the people you know personally might think so. But your anecdotal evidence is not scientific.

Don't try to claim your opinion of Cruz's citizenship is somehow superior than mine or anyone else's.

EDIT: BTW, do I feel divided loyalty between the U.S. and Canada because of my dual citizenship? Yep. I sure do.

edit on 26-9-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So you're saying that my "anecdote" is not scientific while giving one of your own. Are you just arguing for the sake of it? I have better things to do.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

By arguing my anecdote, I am showing that yours is not scientific -- because it didn't take my anecdote into account. I thought that was obvious. But I see now that you needed me to clarify.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

My opinion? Who gives a..... on both. It's a fricken distraction from REAL issues. That said, please don't call Cruz Canadian. Pretty please.

Why is it important that Cruz not be a Canadian to you but it's a distraction if a U.S.citizen says he is not a natural born citizen...and "crap" even!

Ridic.

Partisans. They are not logical.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The deafening silence from Birthers on Cruz's nationality and origin speaks volumes.

Due to the relative silence, where Cruz is from is a non-issue, since one of his parents is American.

The endless cacophony and numerous threads on Obama's illegitimacy proves there was an ulterior motive from the Birthers all along.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
The deafening silence from Birthers on Cruz's nationality and origin speaks volumes.

Due to the relative silence, where Cruz is from is a non-issue, since one of his parents is American.

The endless cacophony and numerous threads on Obama's illegitimacy proves there was an ulterior motive from the Birthers all along.

Very true, but try and get birthers to admit to that!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

'Birthers' were discussing Cruz's eligibility YEARS before now. And Jindal's. And Rubio's. Long before any of them even threw their hats in the ring.

Seems all was supposedly 'settled' with Obama -- so those same conversations have waned with the Obama conversation.

They still exist though in 'Birther' type forums. You probably just don't visit them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join