It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 1: The Eye in the Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy
Well hey, I dont know if you read the whole thing, but I detailed all the various involved archetypes in depth. The odds that the meanings would be combined so perfectly, dual meanings and all, seems like a stretch for coincidence.

And again as I pointed out above, it's not an ancient symbol, it's something more modern. It doesnt have to with any specific culture, unless one was to consider the New Age movement as culture.

The swastika is a pretty poor comparison, as it's not a combined symbol, it's not an archetype, and it's not modern. Hitler specifically chose it because it wasnt specific (it was common to all indo-european peoples) and it was considered a symbol of omnipresent power (over the cardinal directions). Your point though, that it's not always a negative intent when used, was already addressed in the original thread post.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia
Im interested to see your photos of these artifacts. Links to their museum numbers appreciated too!

If you are bloodborn you have a society which teaches you, if you arent bloodborn there is a fraternity called Freemasons which copycat alot, would call them men with good character

..........................................................what...?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

you want me to show photos of what?

Join Freemasons cause the original gangstas are setting up a new HQ

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You claimed that there have been archaeological artifacts found depicting an eye in a pyramid, and that I merely "turned the blind eye to it". So, show me that artifact please.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If you dont understand the eye, simple terms, you arent ready. Thats how simple it gets

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to research a little further. I don't have time at the moment to go into detailed depth, but here's a link which discusses some of the ancient uses of this symbol around the world

The All-Seeing Eye: Sacred Origins of a Hijacked Symbol

Of course, I will come back with other resources that support the ancient symbology but it may be tomorrow or even next week as I am traveling.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Great link, i think it will answer his questions.

Even tho it just grazes the surface

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
*Sigh* so you clearly didnt read the opening post. I already went through the symbolism of the eye, and the triangle, and gold, ad nauseum. The overall topic is not about an all-seeing eye, it is about an eye in the unfinished pyramid. None of your linked examples depicted this (though the tomb is interesting possibility) and the closest thing - the eye with a triangle - were not ancient. It does not exist - so far discovered - in ancient history. BC, not AD.

The eye as a symbol of knowledge, and therefore representing god, the all-knower, is ancient and once again, is not our topic. I have not claimed anywhere that an all-seeing eye is evil. The pyramid is key here. The unfinished capstone is key. And you have not given any dissertation or examples against them.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Join freemasonry, my ancestry have had it well way past 6000 BC, masonry will teach you until 2000 BC.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Are you religious? If not, you will never find an answer

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Excellent thread with good content. Star and flag for the effort and time it took to put together.

These type of threads don't come around these parts very often anymore.

Thanks for taking the time to put it all together.

I would flag and star more if I could just for the effort.

The content speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

Perhaps you need to research a little further. I don't have time at the moment to go into detailed depth, but here's a link which discusses some of the ancient uses of this symbol around the world

The All-Seeing Eye: Sacred Origins of a Hijacked Symbol

Of course, I will come back with other resources that support the ancient symbology but it may be tomorrow or even next week as I am traveling.

No offense gypsy but, at least give him credit for putting together an actual interesting post with links and pics to back up what he is trying to convey.

Far and few between around here lately.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Allow me to respond in kind with a cryptic remark: Is religion an answer, OR IS IT THE QUESTION? *david blaine hands*

Your family ancestry book must be hard to carry if it goes back to 6000bc. Im sorry for the jokes but, I cant help but feel you're trolling me.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
there has NEVER been any actual archaeological discovery depicting it!

Yes there has,

Did you miss that deliberately ?

originally posted by: Ridhya It does not exist - so far discovered - in ancient history. BC, not AD.

This cap stone dates from 1814 BC, it is the capstone of the pyramid of Amenemhet III now residing in the Cairo museum

Also, the eye is called "the eye of providence", which is a phrase that also doesn't appear anywhere in this entire thread
Even wiki has a page on it
en.wikipedia.org...
And it appears on the money because it is part of the Great Seal of the United States
en.wikipedia.org...

So basically, what you've done here is some pretty piss poor research in an attempt to prove something you came up with before you saw any of the real evidence

So I'm rating this a class 4

edit on 16-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
Thanks tips, once again (I cant believe I have to explain this again) missing the entire point of the thread. This is the DIORITE capstone which i've mentioned several times already. It's not a gold capstone, and it's not depicting a single eye. It has two hieroglyphic eyes. Not an eye of Horus.

And my bad it is granite not diorite, I assumed because it is black.
edit on 16-9-2015 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thanks tips, once again (I cant believe I have to explain this again) missing the entire point of the thread. This is the DIORITE capstone which i've mentioned several times already. It's not a gold capstone, and it's not depicting a single eye. It has two hieroglyphic eyes. Not an eye of Horus.

And my bad it is granite not diorite, I assumed because it is black.

It is the same thing, you should have read the links I freely provided you with
en.wikipedia.org...

Many religions have used the image of an eye in their religious symbolism. One of the earliest known examples (from Egyptian mythology) is the Eye of Horus.

So whether its one eye or two eyes it symbolises the exact same thing...
It doesn't matter what its made of, symbolism is whats represented, its the eye of God, on Egyptian capstones
symboldictionary.net...

Designed to resemble the eye of a falcon, this symbol is called the Eye of Ra or Eye of Horus represents the right eye of the Egyptian Falcon God Horus. As the udjat (or utchat), it represented the sun, and was associated with the Sun God Ra (Re). The mirror image, or left eye, represented the moon, and the God Tehuti (Thoth).

Two eyes for two Gods, so its hardly significant that monotheistic religions just use the one.
You really need a background of history study to understand this, conspiracy theories as usual just require the ignorance of the believers

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You. Are.Not.Getting it. This is not about an eye or a pyramid or a capstone. The ENTIRE point of this thread is that a group of people use a symbol of an EYE IN A GOLD UNFINISHED PYRAMID which does NOT exist in history.

I went to great lengths to explain the meaning of the connected dual meaning archetypal symbolism of the entire composite combined, and it just went right over your head in your attempt to showcase your history knowledge. History is my minor. This thread is not about Egypt. It is about a modern group. I cant believe you didnt read the thread.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Great topic, and thread! Thanks for compiling it and presenting it here. It will be interesting to see where the dialogue goes from here.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You. Are.Not.Getting it. This thread is not about Egypt. It is about a modern group. I cant believe you didnt read the thread.

Actually, you are the one not getting it,
here's one example of many

Gold represents the sun, light, longevity/immortality, royalty, and nobility.

The eye of Ra/Horus also represents the sun, being the case there is no need for any gold to be in the picture.

And for you to now claim that its not about pyramids at all, just the pyramid with a golden eye on it is a lie. You mention pyramids in every other post, you started trying to claim earlier when someone else called you on it.
Like here where you claimed

originally posted by: RidhyaThe overall topic is not about an all-seeing eye, it is about an eye in the unfinished pyramid.

and now you're saying

This thread is not about Egypt. It is about a modern group. I cant believe you didnt read the thread.

I have read the entire thread, your hypothesis changes with every challenge twisting and turning in a vain attempt to stay relevant

I have to tell you, that this is complete nonsense, the fact that you won't admit it is irrelevant.
Get frustrated, that's great, as long as your frustration makes you go away and do some real research so that you actually have something credible to write about. So far its just cobbled together misrepresentation and misunderstanding.

Another example is where you claim that the Egyptians copied Ziggurats, again, this is a basic misunderstanding, pyramids were the final development of the Mastaba, which evolved through the dynasties into the true pyramid.
en.wikipedia.org...
A ziggurat was a temple, which was used in life, a pyramid was a tomb that was used in death, they are completely dissimilar
Then you compare that with Machu Pichu, which is Incan, a civilisation that developed long after the Ancient Egyptians were gone, there is no connection at all

Then you suddenly jump to a Global conspiracy of elites who you called a Pharaonic order, why bother calling it that. The term Pharaoh was only in use from the reign of Thutmose III (circa 1479–1425 BCE) and up to the Macedonian conquest in 323BCE, so hundreds of years had passed since anyone built a pyramid.

During the reign of Thutmose III (circa 1479–1425 BC) in the New Kingdom, after the foreign rule of the Hyksos during the Second Intermediate Period, pharaoh became the form of address for a person who was king

You did get a lot of things right, but any thesis should be measured on the things it gets wrong, otherwise, what's the point. This kind of cherry picking from history can be entertaining, but its entertaining nonsense all the same

I have to say this claim

This is the result of over 30 hours work, including 17 hours straight writing from midnight to 7pm on 10 Sept 2015

Is not impressive. I have spent the last 30 years studying comparative mythology, some people spend their entire lives on one subject
You can do better.

edit on 16-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Great thread! Thanks for taking the time and effort to construct it.

My only word of advice would be to format it a little better, maybe use headline tags instead of ______.

I look forward in eager anticipation to the other parts of your work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join