It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Blake mistake: NYPD releases video of him being thrown to ground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

not even the famous or rich ones are safe now

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
James BLake was not too bad in tennis. DIdn't win majors...but always made a good showing along with Roddick, and did the US proud.

The video: i can't imagine a cop doing that around here. The ass whooping he'd get as he ran up aggressively would be legendary. Plain clothes, assaulting me out of nowhere? It would be a very bad day for that poor officer that was mistaken for a lunatic or a thug.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Saw this when it first came out. Disgusting behavior on the cop's behalf for sure. How he thought those actions were needed in that situation is beyond me. Blake was simply standing there. Seriously, he couldn't have been arrested peacefully instead of getting tackled like Ndomakung Suh had just sacked him?

The only time it's a good idea to shoot cops is when TEOTWAKI happens(then everyone is fair game), and it ain't happened yet. Yet I can almost understand the reasons why all the shootings at cops have happened recently. We The People's hands are being forced into some kind of action, right or wrong action, but action nonetheless.

Things can't go on like this forever. There will be a tipping point someday. When that day is, I can only hope I am not around to see it happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022
Well-There's one more LEO-abuse of power thread-derailed

This does seem to happen a lot doesn't it. hmmmmm....

perhaps a review is in order...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Solution would be so easy: apply the "3 strikes and your out" to LEOs.

Once it can han happen, then you should get 'the talk' by the boss. Second time: another very serious talk and an amount of time back to backoffice and or parking ticket shifts. 3rd strike: you are out.
No discussions. No paid leave. OUT.

So basically how it works in any normal job in any normal company.

This video is assault. nothing less. And stop with the 'we have a dangerous job' 'i feared for my life'.
You think its too dangerous for you? Go and get a job in an office or construction.

COMMON SENSE!
edit on 12-9-2015 by svetlana84 because: typos

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Here's one of our resident LEOS explaining it in full.

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

You can't seriously be acting as if they'd get off scot free if they had put the sheriff in cuffs, can you?

To pretend as if cops who cross the blue line don't have to worry about any kind of retaliation is absurd on its face, Charlie.

Suddenly your shift gets changed. Suddenly your backup takes ten minutes as opposed to one minute. Suddenly you're getting written up for every little thing. You're answering calls solo when procedure calls for two units. Threats left in your locker. The list of possible backlash is a mile long, and it happens.

Now.....how anyone can claim there are "good" apples out there is beyond me.

ANY COP WHO IS SCARE-DI-CAT AND WON'T TURN IN THEIR CORRUPT FELLOW OFFICERS/SUPERIORS IS A BAD APPLE IMO.
edit on 12-9-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That Pos cop is a menace to to society..He's prob jacked up on steroids like half the PIGS are.Drug test the POlice...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Solution would be so easy: apply the "3 strikes and your out" to LEOs.

Once it can han happen, then you should get 'the talk' by the boss. Second time: another very serious talk and an amount of time back to backoffice and or parking ticket shifts. 3rd strike: you are out.
No discussions. No paid leave. OUT.

So basically how it works in any normal job in any normal company.

This video is assault. nothing less. And stop with the 'we have a dangerous job' 'i feared for my life'.
You think its too dangerous for you? Go and get a job in an office or construction.

COMMON SENSE!

Agreed.

We need more accountability in all levels of law enforcement.

Not just, "you messed up? Here's a paid vacation."

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I thought I heard they fired this cop.

But I must of heard wrong.

This is a great example of what people, like BLM have said that cops are too often going too far.

In this country we need a whole new retraining process for police

Its just that simple

If I were this guy I would sue their balls off.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This is a great example of what people, like BLM have said that cops are too often going too far.

Its just that simple

He is now fired because of this incident.

He should have been fired a long time ago though, IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

This new part of the story is also unbelievable...
Not only is Blake innocent, so also is the other man Blake was mistaken for!

The team of officers, looking for suspects in a credit card fraud ring, were relying on a courier who identified Mr. Blake as one of the buyers, the police said. The officers also had an Instagram photo of someone believed to be involved. That person, who Mr. Bratton said looked like Mr. Blake’s “twin brother,” turned out to have no role in the scheme.

WOW! This poor guy's face is all over the Internet and for what? Police mishandling of something they could have diffused if they used proper tactics. A shame, really.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

the cops are just out for blood now.

since most of their statements thereafter an abuse case are lies or embellished , theyre making sure they have their alibi before they abuse citizens now. theyre getting smarter,

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: Willtell

Its just that simple

He is now fired because of this incident.

He should have been fired a long time ago though, IMO.

Fire, hell.

Where's the prosecution? Oh, wait, that won't happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join