It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being sued by T mobile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hm. It seems that debt-collection scams of various kinds happen all over the country.

Here is FTC information - they have a phone number to call if you suspect fraudulent debt collection:
Link

Read this ^^^ Does it sound familiar??

On February 9, 2015, the FTC and New York Attorney General’s Office filed a complaint against 4 Star Resolution LLC, six other corporate entities, and three individuals (collectively, 4 Star), alleging that 4 Star used abusive and deceptive tactics to pressure consumers into making payments on supposed debts.

According to the complaint, 4 Star regularly called consumers using fictitious addresses, bogus company names, and spoofed phone numbers. After misrepresenting their names and locations, 4 Star’s collectors falsely identified themselves to consumers, claiming that they were attorneys, process servers, government agents, or criminal law enforcement officials.

In addition, 4 Star’s collectors allegedly falsely claimed that the consumers had committed an illegal or criminal act such as bank or check fraud. 4 Star’s collectors then falsely threatened consumers with dire consequences, including arrest, imprisonment, and civil lawsuits, unless the consumers made an immediate payment on the supposed debts.

ETA: Also read this, just in case the debt is real:
What to do when a debt collector threatens to sue you

Good luck!!!

- AB
edit on 9-9-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863

Statute of limitations in you state of contract will determine if they can collect, check it.

They will still harass you but you legally are not bound to pay if it's over the period.

Add: NY is 6 years, your free and clear. Tell them to not bother you again or you will file a harassment claim AFTER you politely ask for there business info and name.
edit on 9/9/2015 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Prisoner60863

dude theyre not going to take you to court over that.
it would cost them far more money.

ive owed outrageous bills before i went to prepaid.
they hit you with early termination fees and such.

what happens is i get some letters. then they offer to settle my account for less than a 3rd of what i 'owe'
then i dont respond and its over.
biggest consequence is you cant get cell coverage with that carrier anymore.

who cares about that?

10 years ago you kind of needed a contract with the big few but these days the prepaid services are just as good as the big contracts and they use their towers anyway.

you can get a smart phone through straight talk at wal mart that uses verizons towers.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
Hello Ats.

I recived a phone call saying that im being sued by att,verizon, and t mobile for an outstanding cell phone bill from 2004 for 500 dollars. The lawyer told me that they tried to contact me with a letter before. Its a civil suit. I dont remember what I ate for lunch two weeks ago I really dont remember an unpaid cell phone bill from 2004. I have no idea if i even had t mobile in 2004. I have always used pre paid and still do. Anyone have any advice as I cant afford a lawyer.

go the 'getoutofdebtfree' website in the UK, download the 3 letters, read all the advice you can find on the site and give them a go.

The claim they tried to call you sounds very sus to me cos they should have made contact with you long before now. They should have sent debt collecttors on to you long before this. Perhaps the reason that havent done so is because you might have read Mary Crofts book on dealing with conficatory organsations and so they've gone straight to court.

I am not a lawyer and this is not meant or intnded as legal advice but if it was me I would ask for evidence they utilised the lead up legal process, eg letters of demand, debt collectors etc.

if it was me I would immdeatly research the relvant laws in your state.

IF you dont know your rights, you aint got any rights.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wow I never knew that. They have lawyers calling while im on the job. The lawyer said a civil suit and I would have to pay lawyer and court fees. It kinda made me wonder why Tmobile would try and sue me from a bill in 2004 for 500 bucks and how did they get that number of 500?

You know the people calling are lawyers? How, because they said?

As other have said, this is totally a scam.

Tell them to cease and desist. And if they call you again *especially* if they harass you at work, you will be in touch with both the attorney general and the federal trade commission.

Sounds like this con artist listed all of the major cell providers because they were sure you used at least one of them.

It's alot easier to find someone's work number than it is a cell number, so don't be too surprised.. especially if you have your business number listed in your e-mail signature.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Word.

I have Verizon for my youngest son. He wanted Verizon service....and now hates it because he runs out of data 10 days in every month.

I use Boost. Have for the last 5 years. My wife and mom, too. Each of us paid on time every month, and have bills that cost us $40 a month for unlimited everything. I get my first 2gb of data as 4g, then its all 3g after that. I only use about 3gb a month, mostly all Pandora.

Sure, i pay up front/out of pocket for my phone. But whats $250 every 2 years? I save enough month to month to pay for that twice over.
edit on 9/10/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

yup. i use verizon now but prepaid.
i think i paid like 40 bucks for a low end android smart phone.
45 a month for unlimited calls, text, and data.

i dont get why people would enter into a phone contract these days.
does not really matter what provider you use for prepaid. they are all bouncing off the major towers.

even friggin cricket has good service and good prices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join