It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese propaganda video shows them destroying the US military

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: butcherguy

No idea why the US navy Royal navy and Australian navy could not of just blockaded the island and air.

Soon as the Islands ran out of food they would of had to surrender anyway.

But in the meantime Japan bolstered its defences?

I'm no military strategist but I would imagine a blockade would in itself take time and supplies that are best used at ending the war fast.

Seeing as we had full air superiority we could of just bombed the # out of anything that looked military before they built it.

But its academic anyway.

I dont judge the use of the the nuclear bomb. It seemed at the time a good idea and really was no different to the dozen other strategic bombings the allies carried out, just it used one bomb instead of a thousand.

But you would be lying to yourself if you said it was the only option. But obviously it was decided as the best at the time.

Unlike others I dont blindly follow politicians and military decisions, i question everything , even if it may have been the right decision at the time.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
I am reading everything :/ UK and America managed to make Iraq a worse place via an illegal war

No you are not reading along, we are discussing solely the military strategy and not the political justification.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

So after eight pages of mostly off topic petty bickering about just who contributed more in WWII, and which poster knows more about WWII, with a smattering of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified actions/No they weren't thrown in, there have only been oblique references to the fact that nobody here speaks Chinese and we don't know for sure who put this out. The article does not seem credible to me at all. This looks like a rather poorly made video game promo which may, or may not, have a Kill the Americans fantasy aspect to it. Maybe the Chinese government did put it out. Maybe someone claiming to be the Chinese government put it out. I don't know. Either way the whole thing is highly questionable at this point. There is just not enough evidence to prove that this thing is what is claimed.

originally posted by: Kryties

I understand your overall perspective, and I agree with some of it but you are whining an awful lot.

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Kryties

I'm not even sure that animated depiction was directed at America? Where is the proof it was?

Well at least somebody said something about the credibility of the video.

(But you are bickering and whining quite a bit too).

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Kryties
OK, I'm out. All intelligent conversation has gone out the window now that the insults have started flying
:

Pointing out that people are being obtuse is not an insult, it is an observation. Learn the difference.

You're a sanctimonious prick and you don't know nearly as much as you think that you do. Yes that is an observation/insult.

I didn't quote the material of the post because really, there are just so many of them that say the same exact thing.

If all of the allies had not contributed we would all be speaking German or Japanese now. We get it. I think you're right actually. Most people (Americans included) with even a modicum of historical awareness or even self awareness, will agree with you. Locking horns with every. single. (really?! you can't just let one go) assertion that Americans contributed and using it as opportunity to say "No, they didn't do that much" is just silly.

This whole thread is highly entertaining. Completely and utterly pointless but entertaining. It is nothing more than a testosterone fueled, chest beating, pseudo-intellectual demonstration of dominance. Being right to one-up your peers even if you aren't right, and not really doing... anything; or even, really addressing the topic at hand.

In my experience, this is exactly what happens when you get a bunch of men together to talk about war, and I would put down money that everyone that I named is male. Tells you a lot about war really. Maybe all anyone needs to know. So carry on boys I'll just grab my popcorn and watch your little tempest in a virtual tea-cup.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
You're a sanctimonious prick and you don't know nearly as much as you think that you do. Yes that is an observation/insult.

I have been called worse by better. Try again.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I understand your overall perspective, and I agree with some of it but you are whining an awful lot.

One mans whining is another mans logical choice of conversation

One might say your post could be considered "whining".

And to understand why some of us jump on the Americans when they claim they single-handedly won WW2 is because we have great and grand fathers and mothers who fought and died in that war LONG before the US decided it was economically viable for them to join the war. It is highly offensive to hear them flex their pseudo-muscles and crap on about how "We won WW2 for you" - and dishonouring the memories of the rest of us who were in that war LONG before the Americans got off their asses and helped.

Anyway, I do generally agree with your post, thanks for sharing

edit on 5/9/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I have been called worse by better. Try again.

Im actually jelouse you got called a sanctimonious prick... i wasn't even worth a insult , just a lecture

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Im actually jelouse you got called a sanctimonious prick... i wasn't even worth a insult , just a lecture

You need to try harder my friend, I know you have it in you. Think positive!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Bloody FAVORITISM...
Wish somebody would call ME a prick...
edit on 5-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Le t me summarize my previous post. There IS NO WAY to prove ANYTHING to someone who is always right.

edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: deleted reply to poster.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You're all sanctimonious pricks.

There.....happy?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You didn't need to summarise it, I got your point. Apparently, according to you, people need not post proof of their assertions as everyone should just automatically believe everything they are told.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Funny i didnt reply to you. My post done mention you or who i replied to does it?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Funny i didnt reply to you. My post done mention you or who i replied to does it?

Nice try, you edited your post:

edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: deleted reply to poster.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because i mad e a mistake and didnt want to respond to you. SHeesh everythings a conspiracy huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Because i mad e a mistake and didnt want to respond to you. SHeesh everythings a conspiracy huh?

And I responded to the post that clearly said (before you edited it) "reply to Kryties".

I think you're full of it, if it was a mistake why did you word the response post as if I had replied to you out of the blue hmmm?

I think you're just backtracking and trying to pretend you never replied to me to make ME look like an idiot.

Poor form

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Think what you will but can you prove it without a shadow of a doubt? NO. I hit the reply button and was nto paying attention.

Anyway Back on topic. The chinese always,always over play their propaganda. Same as any country to be honest.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Think what you will but can you prove it without a shadow of a doubt? NO. I hit the reply button and was nto paying attention.

Still not buying it

Anyway Back on topic. The chinese always,always over play their propaganda. Same as any country to be honest.

Dare I ask for some proof?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is about a clash China ./. Japan, not the US, see the other part.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: greyhat
This is about a clash China ./. Japan, not the US, see the other part.

www.youtube.com...
. It's funny. They were all at each other's throats, until they were called out for being primitive, then they had to band together to attack the "jerk" who called them out. Reminds me of something in history, I just can't for the life of me think of what. Hmmm. Real head scratcher.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
China already beat us they gut our infrastructure and ability to sustain war.

To late.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join