It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You all get some sleep tonight. Cya tomorrow after church.... LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

You will have less money after visiting church. I'm glad to see your faith has put a price on faith. I'll still have the same amount as yesterday, and feel less shafted. See ya tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Simply conceding the argument and going on about your life tends to annoy them to a precipice as well. There's nothing they like better than spiteful arguments of entrapment, so don't give it to them. Just tell them they're right and totally superior in every regard, but that you also don't really give a s#.

Conceding irrationality, as well as your total indifference to the fact, is pure blasphemy to these people. They've never been able to see the other side of the experience coin (the subjective), so sometimes they can really blow a fuse at this. Then their sociopathy kicks in and they have to argue with you until you either change your mind (which they know isn't going to happen) or pollute your entire day with smug.

So feed their egos and then simply go back to whatever life you were living, as if all their empirical "rightness" doesn't matter a damn.

Because it really doesn't.

edit on 8/30/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
The list omits two that can easily be picked up from ATS postings;
X; Tell them you're an agnostic
Y; Tell them that they ought to call themselves agnostics.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I wasn't raised to be stupid.

I wasn't either , it seems at times its a natural gift i have .

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Simply conceding the argument and going on about your life tends to annoy them to a precipice as well. There's nothing they like better than spiteful arguments of entrapment, so don't give it to them. Just tell them they're right and totally superior in every regard, but that you also don't really give a s#.

Conceding irrationality, as well as your total indifference to the fact, is pure blasphemy to these people. They've never been able to see the other side of the experience coin (the subjective), so sometimes they can really blow a fuse at this. Then their sociopathy kicks in and they have to argue with you until you either change your mind (which they know isn't going to happen) or pollute your entire day with smug.

So feed their egos and then simply go back to whatever life you were living, as if all their empirical "rightness" doesn't matter a damn.

Your words could apply equally to both sides so .... who were you aiming at? Just curios.

P

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

originally posted by: NthOther

Your words could apply equally to both sides so .... who were you aiming at? Just curios.

P

why would you care unless you have an agenda of division?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Good old Christians always looking to annoy someone, maybe this is why people are leaving the religion in droves

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Have you ever seen (or even heard of) an Atheist concede an argument about the existence of God, even if just to spite the believer?

I haven't. It seems to be the one thing they will not do to get a rise out of people. A lifetime of positivist programming will not allow it happen.

On the other hand, I see believers do it all the time just to shut the Atheist up and infuriate her. It works like a charm.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Because, like I said, I was just curios.

why would you care unless you have an agenda of division?

Really, a person just can't be curios! So because I am curios, you want to stick a label on me.

No thanks.

P

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I completely agree with number 3. Many atheists are just as religious as the Pope.
I would consider myself an agnostic with mystical leanings. Not religious in any conventional sense.

Very true. Though it's come to my attention that those are usually anti-theists, not atheists. I used to call them anti-Christians and anti-Muslims since they never seem to attack Greek mythology, Chinese mythology, Hinduism, Japanese Shinto, etc. They usually go directly for Islam & Christianity. But most atheists I know in real life aren't combative at all about it & usually just have a "live & let live" outlook.

In fact, now that I think about it, the "anti-theists" don't seem to attack the tenets of Judaism either. I mean the Talmud, Mishnah, Zohar, Sefer Zerubbabel, and other rabbinical writings. Yeah, I think I'll go back to calling them anti-Christians and anti-Muslims.

As for the OP: It actually seems more like that list was made by atheists who want to poke fun at religious people. It focuses more on the "faults" of religious people than the "faults" of atheists. Like why the atheists I worked with a few years suddenly said a prayer to God when a tornado touched down a few miles down the road mid-shift ("God, if you really exist, then please..."). And when one also started saying "please God, please God, please God..." when they got a call saying a family member had gotten in a wreck (the person was fine, thank God).

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Second, I love to play devil's advocate and at times troll certain groups of self-righteous individuals that I find amusing or annoying and one of my favorite targets is Atheists. While I do like to poke fun at them at times I generally feel sorry for them so this is intended in jest and not so much as trying to kick a group of people while they are down.

Thirdly, I am not religious, but consider myself spiritual. I don't know exactly what form the Prime Mover takes, but I am convinced there is more to this elegant universe of ours than some random mixing of gasses and liquids.

Enjoy!

The OP sounds very disengenous to my despite claiming not be religious it comes across to me at least that you clearly religious.

Putting this in the jokes bin is a futher attempt to mask what I suspect is a deep religious committment. Evry religious person I have met strikes me as perciving themelves as superior to non religious people.I get this impression from the OPs post.

I see no hint of mutal respect in what has been written in the OPs post. The OP stikes me a very spitefull who seeks to make fun of people under the guise of jokes.

Over all; this very very weak and spitfull

cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

The usual I don't follow religion but follow jesus stuff.
Which always makes me shake my head.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm not a pure atheist but sometimes religious people say really disturbing things. For instance - once I said to a girl that I loved her. And ask her if she loved me either. She answered: 'The real Christian love can appear only when you are married'. - dodged out with dubious, artificial wording

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Azureblue

The usual I don't follow religion but follow jesus stuff.
Which always makes me shake my head.

for some people it's true. sorta like how some view the writings of great philosophers as useful to their lives in meaningful ways.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
In this thread you say you wouldn't vote for an athiest president, because you believe in God.www.abovetopsecret.com... so you are religious why say in this thread your not?

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would not vote for someone that doesn't believe in God as they would not represent me. I don't care too much about which religion or no religion as long as there is a belief in a prime mover or God. I would not trust an Atheist.

edit on 30-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The list just shows how stupid and trollish religious people are online.
None of it makes any sense and it's just used to annoy people as they know there is no good argument and in the face of reason and scrutiny, organised religion is an absolute joke.

This "list" must actually get passed around and used a lot as I've seen all of that stuff on ATS over the years.

LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
You do realise this list is poking fun at christians, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
You do realise this list is poking fun at christians, right?

That's what I thought... It's an ironic list of "plays" by the religious because as I said, I've seen them all on here.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

They've never been able to see the other side of the experience coin

No, I used to go to church quite often. I was raised in a family of preachers and my grandmother was very devout. It was only after I was older that I saw the deceit, greed and hypocrisy that turned me against the church.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join