First, I do apologize for my link leading to a Facebook post. I truly despise Facebook and to a lesser extent all social media and I know many of you
don't have an account.
Second, I love to play devil's advocate and at times troll certain groups of self-righteous individuals that I find amusing or annoying and one of my
favorite targets is Atheists. While I do like to poke fun at them at times I generally feel sorry for them so this is intended in jest and not so
much as trying to kick a group of people while they are down.
Thirdly, I am not religious, but consider myself spiritual. I don't know exactly what form the Prime Mover takes, but I am convinced there is more
to this elegant universe of ours than some random mixing of gasses and liquids.
Anyway, please see
complete list, but I have posted some highlights below for those of you that can't or don't wish to view the post on Facebook.
99 Ways to Annoy an Atheist
1. Ask her why they are bitter against God.
3. At every available opportunity refer to Atheism as "a religion".
6. Use multiple versions of Pascal's Wager as though you thought them up yourself.
12. Use the fact that the Atheist can't fully explain to you how the universe was formed as evidence that god done it.
14. Say you will pray for her; And make sure they know you said it out of spite.
15. No matter how many times you are corrected and how much evidence you see to the contrary ... Always claim that America is a Christian nation
founded by Christians on Christian principles.
16. Say that separation of church and state isn't in the Constitution; insist that the Constitution is based on the Ten Commandments.
17. Accuse them of persecuting you.
18. Point out that we all take things on faith.
19. Use the Second Law of Thermodynamics to disprove evolution.
20. Before starting an argument, say "You're an atheist? That means you're going to hell!"
21. After losing the argument say, "I pity you."
29. Insist that the Bible is meant to be taken literally — all except that verse they just showed you.
42. Claim that logic is the atheist's god.
43. Use only circular reasoning.
46. Use the phrase "Hate the sin, love the sinner" as a blanket response to the notion that Christianity is at fault for something.
47. State that Christianity has done a lot of good along with all the mass murder.
48. When they take the time and trouble to explain where your analogy or interpretation is at fault, begin your response with a *sigh*, so he'll know
how patient you're being.
52. Tell them that Christians aren't perfect — just forgiven.
58. Tell them it's his responsibility to prove that God doesn't exist.
64. When something awful happens, tell them not to blame God — he doesn't interfere.
65. When something wonderful happens, tell them to credit God — he made it happen.
67. …then tell them that babies automatically go to heaven.
68. …and mentally retarded people.
69. …and those with Down's Syndrome.
70. Treat nothing they says as credible, because they are possessed by Satan.