It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all Slaves on So Many Levels

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

There are, as someone earlier stated - consequences for appropriating land for ones' personal interests and survival.

But, a time *may* come around, when one will freely be able to do so.... Lots of conspiracy theories on ATS, and the rumour mill goes round - We do stick out amongst peers for entertaining the possibilities.

As for slavery - it is alternatively called willing subjugation to a "system" - the stockholm syndrome??? (need to read up on that one) - but alternatively called "glass half full".
edit on 26-8-2015 by sensibleSenseless because: last line

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There is more than just one kind of slavery you know, there isn't a one size fits all definition of the word. You seem to think I'm calling you a slave held against his will and who is beaten bloody if he disobeys. I'm speaking of another type of slavery.

yes...slavery of the mind. aka "self pity". and if you consider being held accountable for resources you consume being "enslaved" then perhaps you have an entitlement problem too.

the obvious solution is to sit in a mountain cave and gradually consume natural preservatives in a meditative state until you force your mortal coil to "give up the ghost". there, now you are no longer a slave. but you are no longer alive either.
edit on 26-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Well money isn't exactly natural is it? Do animals use money to stay alive? No they don't, they work for their food directly, they don't have to go through a middle man to get it. Money only exists to enslave us, if you can't see that then I'm sorry. We are far from being free, we only think we are.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We are in a form of slavery called "bonded/debt labor".

Bonded Labor or Debt Labor — Describes slavery in which an individual is compelled to work in order to repay a debt. It differs from other forms in that, oftentimes the laborer and the employer initially enter into a mutual agreement. However, contract conditions may be illegal and/or vastly more beneficial to the employer than the laborer. These workers become slaves when they continue working, but cannot pay off their initial debt because of exploitative contract terms and, thus, cannot leave.

LINK

Hunger can be considered "debt" in a certain light. We have to "pay" our bodies with food to keep it alive. We work for these laborers to keep ourselves fed, to pay our debt to our bodies.

And yes, it is a form of slavery. The slavery we commonly think of is called "forced labor", those who are held against their will, but it is not the only kind.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

We are "free range" slaves, in that we are "free" to work for a number of different masters. IMHO, if you work somewhere and make only enough to last 2 or less paychecks, you are ABSOLUTELY on the level of a slave. Actually people who work on wage subsistence are lower than slaves, in the past, chattel slave owners had the cost of housing, feeding, and caring for their slaves. Now you just show up, they throw you a pittance that allows you to survive from this pittance to the next, and in the process show up and get work done for them, but not enough to prosper or move upwards in most cases.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well money isn't exactly natural is it? Do animals use money to stay alive? No they don't, they work for their food directly, they don't have to go through a middle man to get it. Money only exists to enslave us, if you can't see that then I'm sorry. We are far from being free, we only think we are.

if you are going to make such an argument and still use a computer, and live in a house, and drive in a car, and pay for electricity and gas, you are a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

We are "free range" slaves, in that we are "free" to work for a number of different masters. IMHO, if you work somewhere and make only enough to last 2 or less paychecks, you are ABSOLUTELY on the level of a slave. Actually people who work on wage subsistence are lower than slaves, in the past, chattel slave owners had the cost of housing, feeding, and caring for their slaves. Now you just show up, they throw you a pittance that allows you to survive from this pittance to the next, and in the process show up and get work done for them, but not enough to prosper or move upwards in most cases.

You are talking about a decision as in ,"I cannot build a better mousetrap", so I work as a cog.

That's a decision related to Will.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Willingful subjugation to a system - it can be called slavery - though some people call it "preference".

It really depends... some people call it "glass half empty". But, can anything be perfect without a definition for perfect?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You can, as someone implied become independent...

By living on your own - not impossible - still subject to nature of course - but, it is a finite universe for sure - we are part of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What if I told you you're nothing more than a sophisticated automaton? Specifically designed and engineered to derive satisfaction via production and reproduction, given emotions just for a failsafe and reinforcement to programming, expression and emote to telegraph your internal dispositions, and a short shelf life and vunerable shell to act as a backdoor, just to note a few characteristics for the perfect worker bot. Family and marriage designed for motive and function to the rails. Mortality is a deliberate design.

Are you a slave if you are fulfilling the function and capacity you were conceived for?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I am not a slave to any system, I am a willing participant and I choose do so on my own volition. I do what is necessary to survive in a human condition bound to a human construct while allowing my spiritual being to absorb information that will be used for the evolutionary process.

These are the most enslaved of all, the ones who actually were completely tricked into "choosing".

No evolutionary process exists, here there or anywhere else....at least nothing considered "natural".

But it is nice of all the new agers to push this rhetoric so even they can feel like they are accomplishing something.

You are controlled in EVERY condition, why in the UNIVERSE would you think any different ??

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whatever you wish to tell yourself, enlightened. The key word here is "want". Because I want a decent life. Because I want to live in todays society. Because I want money. Someone who doesn't want them can simply walk away without their shackles. The only thing you are a slave to are your desires and passions, and you blame everything else because you cannot realize them.

Ahhh, one of these.

One who actually thinks everything is explainable by terms learnt in books.

You are a slave to NOT knowing, to thinking desires and passions are wants, and you blame the participants for the situation.

Fact is, you did not choose to come here, and anyone can change your reality if they so choose.

But then a true slave never can see the shackles that tie him, he imagines they are comforts, ones that he does not WANT.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's important to keep the slaves divided and fighting amongst each other lest they band together and rise up against their keepers. As a unified body the oppressed would be the most powerful force on the globe.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Just because you choose to feel that way, doesn't mean you are right. I am deeply saddened by your inability to understand. I hope one day that you see the error in your thinking process, until such a day occurs I will simply implore you to wake up and get right with your spiritual evolution.

The longer you sleep in your stupor, the longer it will take for you to reach the frequency required to access other dimensions where the soul functions without the use of this human construct.

I reside there and I wait for others to share the truth when they wish to see.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Ahhh, one of these.

One who actually thinks everything is explainable by terms learnt in books.

You are a slave to NOT knowing, to thinking desires and passions are wants, and you blame the participants for the situation.

Fact is, you did not choose to come here, and anyone can change your reality if they so choose.

But then a true slave never can see the shackles that tie him, he imagines they are comforts, ones that he does not WANT.

I never said that everything is explainable by terms learned in books did? In other words, it appears that you are a slave to not knowing, or at least a slave to making stuff up out of thin-air.

Desires and passions are wants. The words are quite synonymous despite your contempt of me thinking it so. You could at least try to show me how what you say is true, but then you probably do not "want" to.

Of course I didn't "choose to come here", but then again I wasn't ordered to either.

If a true slave does not see the shackles that tie him, I suppose a false slave is someone who can. But then again only an idiot would throw history out the window in favour of his arbitrary conformity to silly platitudes. Such a watering down of slavery, like how you compare your slavish western lifestyle—in your mind a true slave—to that of a so-called false slave, is ironic at best, moronic at worst.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
geez....I'm not a "slave" as the OP puts it...I can sell everything and move out of America if I wanted to ...guess what, I don't. in my late 20's, I started scrimping, I drove old cars, bought a small 1400 square foot house that I paid off in 15 years, didn't go out to dinner much, invested my money wisely, and now I'm in my sixties, retired, and still living in a somewhat frugal way, but enjoying my life to the fullest. in fact, any downturn in the economy, I have covered. the only debt I have is a loan for my solar power system, which is saving me about 3 grand a year, more than enough to cover the monthly payments...you have to be a tightass when you are making the big bucks in middle age....unless you inherit daddy's millions.....jesus, this isn't rocket science, it's called believing in yourself, and not a giving a s**t about what anybody else thinks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Pretty sure that I said I was guilty of it in my original post. I wouldn't exactly call myself a hypocrite though, just someone born into the system. I could leave if I wanted, but would my quality of life be better or worse?

You sound a little angry. Sometimes the truth hurts though. The truth is, you're a slave to the system just like almost everyone else in the world.
edit on 8/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

You are talking about a decision as in ,"I cannot build a better mousetrap", so I work as a cog.

I am not sure if you can call something either decision or will if both are goverened by a set number of options available that are NOT set by you.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

I am not sure if you can call something either decision or will if both are goverened by a set number of options available that are NOT set by you.

My options in terms of survival include living of the land. That is surviving by fishing, hunting and gathering starch and fiber from places where there are no supermarkets, markets, otherwise that sell food. I can build a domicile, generate fire all by myself. I can do this because I took the trouble to learn these things because I felt it important to my survival.

I am sorry but if you have not prepared yourself the same way perhaps you should reconsider that decision.

edit on 27-8-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Religion: Used and abused to help control societies to keep the people docile with doctrines to commandments. Current times seen used for extremism.

I believe there's been a study or maybe just discussion about how religion became a factor in serial killers. The societal bounds they were seemingly forced to confide to helped contribute to their ill mental state.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join