It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all Slaves on So Many Levels

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
1. You are a slave of your country's system:
A. Propaganda: (of the Education system. If you read the history books of two countries who went to war with each other, you will get two different perspectives. The same applies to your own country. The News you hear is owned by 4-5 main individuals who have their own agendas and the government also filters what you hear and don't hear. Your media, movies, music are mostly about materialism, selfishness, getting more, vanity, etc) Your commercials are all about consuming more and more things/materials.

B. THe water has fluoride which makes you dumb, people piss out pharmaceuticals which in micro amounts goes back into the water, the foods are stuffed with herbicides/pesticides which create health problems, the factories are polluting the air and water.

C. The Doctors are paid by the Big Pharma companies to become drug pushers. There is no longer any intuition or trying alternatives or a combo of natural and phrama/

D. The Government is watching and listening to everything you do

E. Your pay is taxed before you even take your pay home and you don't know where it goes. It goes to corrupted government that you would rather see in jail, who uses it for wars, lies, propaganda

F. Both sides of the political party are actually working together and are paid for by the same special interests, corporations, and secret societies.

2. Debt. To get all these things you do so on credit card or loans that you become a slave to, a slave to a consumer oriented lifestyle based on keeping of with the jonses/neighbhors ,,,,they have that so I should too or I should one up them illusion.

C. Job (majority of time is spent here to pay for the basics of life and debt). People are so busy with work to buy debt, that they have no time for spiritual evolution and growth, no time for retreats, no time to see their loved ones, friends, family, and at best an hour or two is spent at Church on the weekend.

2. You are a slave to the body
A. Whatever it needs, you have to give it that (food, comfort, excretion, sex, sleep) If you do not give these things to the body, then various forms of moods and agitation will cause a variety of suffering

3. Psychological (Ego, Subconscious, Emotional)

There is more to the list than this. Would be great to hear where else the slavery is

edit on 26-8-2015 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

AND on top of that ....Cats know that they rule :>) good rant though .

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

We are slaves to a cultural system, believe that. So many reasons why we must all come together and leave the money behind. Scary to think about especially for those who are well off and or have many bills to pay for.

The only way we will be able to break free is with more and more people quitting the system.

How does a slave quit?

We hope and some of us pray for the world to be hit with a major catastrophe so we can then learn how to respect one another and our home we call Earth. Power Grids go down and we are forced to live in harmony rather than chaos.

It's a choice. It starts from within. It starts with you...with me.

How do we begin to detach from a cultural system of slavery? We live without anything that costs money.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the general consensus is each of us is unique, that's a very broad spectrum we're talking about here.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They will kill you if you leave the system.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie
If you go into any prison, or any system of slavery, those within that system are each Unique, sure, but also are all slaves/prisoners. Not sure how "uniqueness" changes anything

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

We're slaves to the Sun and to gravity.

Physics is a cruel mistress.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes, sad to say, we are born enslaved, just our calling, we are given brains but only 10% of the planet uses them, and that 10% control the 90%....plot twist!, the 10% are actually reptilians, I am being serious, imaging how gnarly that would be?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Guten Tag- Why not save enough $$ so as to 'thank' #3 in the above,( Mr. Ego Yang) and send Him on holiday? Whilst He vacations, You 'move' and don't fill out any change of address forms and make sure that Ms. Emotion and Mrs. Sub-Conscious don't reveal Your new ecological niche. You may also have to open a new e-mail account but this one will be new to reflect the new You. With this newfound "freedom" You'll soon discover that You don't 'want' that crappy preservative laden crap that passes as "food".

As for the J O B well, why don't a small group get together and do a "Lotto Group" and split the proceeds. Just play the Big Kahuna and stay away from the scratch offs. If I won $140M I'd spread it around way before Uncle Suga™ uses it to make "Haves" out of "Have Nots" and u$e My $$$ and I mean faster and to greater amounts than "THEY" do now..

OR Condensed version if the above is too lengthy/wordy:

Ye$, THEY are making You $ick $o THEY ¢an take ALL of Your money to ¢ure You.

Do what You LOVE and You won't work a day in Your Life.

namaste

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

And if dogs grow thumbs they will run everything. I'd opine by that time most humans will have grown a MickeyMouse thumb from texting, great for hitch-hiking but not worth a darn for thumbing Your nose at a texting driver going the other way in Your lane...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I am not a slave to any system, I am a willing participant and I choose do so on my own volition. I do what is necessary to survive in a human condition bound to a human construct while allowing my spiritual being to absorb information that will be used for the evolutionary process.

edit on 26-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

And if dogs grow thumbs they will run everything. I'd opine by that time most humans will have grown a MickeyMouse thumb from texting, great for hitch-hiking but not worth a darn for thumbing Your nose at a texting driver going the other way in Your lane...

XD

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Causality, which encompasses a lot of the points listed, is what i think is the main source of this particular form of bondage, so to speak. Not in a "Matrix" type way exactly but similar by design.
No matter what nor how, there are peaks and valleys. In Life, in Geography, in roller coasters. Control, no matter who believes they have it, is just an illusion. That can change on a whim, in an instant and forever. Until, something else changes that, This is how I tend to perceive life in general. Don't know idf this helped, but it was what came to mind.

Gravelbone

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

2. You are a slave to the body
A. Whatever it needs, you have to give it that (food, comfort, excretion, sex, sleep) If you do not give these things to the body, then various forms of moods and agitation will cause a variety of suffering

This is probably the most significant aspect of 'enslavement'.

From it comes all the consequences of all the work and stress you have to endure.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You're right, we are slaves to the system, even those who see the slavery for what it is. Even though we point these things out and know it to be true, we still get up every morning and head off to work to feed the system for yet another day. It's sad, and I too am guilty of this. But at this point I have no choice, I was born into it and don't see any comfortable way of escaping it. Anywhere I go the system is already in place. I do not have survival skills because I was born into a system where everything is handed to me, even though I have to slave away at a job in order to get it.

They have set up a near perfect system of slavery, enslaving us then convincing us through propaganda that we are free. What's worse is that people will fight and die in order to stay enslaved. They have Stockholm Syndrome'd the majority of the population. For the most part people defend their enslavers through patriotism and pride in having a job, this all starts with the education system. We are told from a very young age to obey orders, walk in line, go to the bathroom only when allowed to, stand up and pledge to the flag, told history in a very controlled way, etc.

Unfortunately, I believe we are too far gone at this point. There's no turning back now, a good time to have fought back would have been a few hundred years ago, but now we are too deep. The only thing that can end the enslavement is mass uprisings or a near extinction level event where we will have to start over. The only one I see happening is the latter, people are too comfortable and content to rise up and go out of their comfort zone.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Your op is certainly accurate. I recall a few years ago saying similar to a friend and he got upset.

I informed him I don’t mean the kind of slavery( thank God) of the early American kind, but the kind—the more refined kind—your op indicates.

“Freedom” is certainly a relative proposition and existentially for “ freedom” to truly enjoy itself the organism must be confined for a bit in any given experiential space in order for the full pleasure of what Freedom truly is to be experienced.

Freedom and its opposite is the yin yang of the true creativity of being

Finally, LOVE, may be the greatest taskmaster!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

We're slaves to the Sun and to gravity.

Physics is a cruel mistress.

There is no gravity Beezer. The Earth sucks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Dominic's you are right!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Being a slave requires a master. If one doesn't have a master, but still calls himself a slave, then his slavery is self-imposed.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What do you go to work for? Whenever you identify that thing, you will find your master.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join