It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Declares State of War.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

because probably China and Russia wouldnt allow it?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

He's going to get his fat butt killed. The world is tired of Dicktators.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
I don't think it is going to go beyond what it has already. And here is why:

China and the United States do not want war in Korea. Neither side will win in such a conflict and it would be bad for both. And both China, and the USA knows it, as does both North and South Korea.

The leader of North Korea has to show strength. If he does not, he could be removed by those under him who keep him in power. He has to be the dictator, or face the collasp of his government and country. China can not afford nor does it want such to happen, as it may cause a large influx of refugees into China. And China also understands that if there is war, then it will be hard press to either support North Korea, or risk them using nuclear weapons. Ultimately the Chinese government is working hard behind the scenes along with the USA, and making sure that this goes no where any time soon. Now if North Korea starts to mobalize and move troops and assets into position along with a prolonged shelling and starting to cross the DMZ, then that would be grounds to worry.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: mikell
I wonder if the north thinks China cares. Might just be the ticket for everybody's economy???????

China will never allow NK to go it alone as it's right on their border.

If NK fires off enough to have the US go in, China will be there.

If Kim doesn't shut up soon I believe China will annex NK to extend the border.

But then again...

Jude

Yes they will north Korea has become a thorn in there side that china would gladly get rid of. There is no strategic advantage for China to support NK in any way. And we'll now they don't and they now see NK as a competitor and threat especially in the chin a sea. China’s kindness and tolerance comes with a price. The price is North Korea’s compromise and cooperation, which Pyongyang has found that unexeceptable. That's why if a conflict broke out NK would be lucky if China didn't send in troops to take over and end the fight. China doesn't want a war on its border.

As far as this escalating not likely even if NK went nuts and used a nuke the US and Chins would immediately destroy NK. He better stick to saber rattling.
edit on 8/21/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

2 ID... The world's most powerful speed bump. ( Casey 89-90 ) It wasn't much different back then than it is now.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Considering Lil Kim went to a SWISS school I doubt he is anything other than a player in a much larger game, beyond the headlines.

If a war breaks out it would be more about Apple vs Samsung than the Chinese vs USA.
I don't believe for a second that Kim Jong Un is a real, organic dictator. He's an asset and used accordingly.

A much larger game is afoot in the world. Keep in mind a lot of Samsung's goods are made in Vietnam. For a reason.
Strange huh?
edit on 21-8-2015 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

2 ID... The world's most powerful speed bump. ( Casey 89-90 ) It wasn't much different back then than it is now.

Thank you brother in arms for your service. I was over there 2001-2003. Still the same speed bump. Wish more people would realize the reality of the Korean peninsula and the issues the U.S./ROK forces actually face if a situation actually sparks...

Fruit punch Soju, fried yaki mandoo, chicken on a stick always on person as I make gate before curfew, you know what I mean.... Good Ole Days, fun in the 2ID lol....

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship

He's going to get his fat butt killed. The world is tired of Dicktators.

Yeah because it's better to ruled by the banks, but yeah he is fat

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

Ask his people////

Do it.

Ruled by fattie with no cellphone or apple (food or product)

Or ruled by bank and have all south Korea does.

continue on mr anti-establishment. Im sure you love your life a substance farmer devoid of banks as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: YeahYea4

Ask his people////

Do it.

continue on mr anti-establishment. Im sure you love your life a substance farmer devoid of banks as well.

Oh I know he's a d-bag, just pointing out that we're all tools being used by the elite.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Why not just put up speakers too?
And play rap & country & western music.
They would soon stop.
Or invade in all out war.:-D

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I'm assuming the tactics are still the same: slow them down and keep the horde from reaching Seoul until the backup shows. First thing I learned when I got in country.

edit on 21-8-2015 by quercusrex because: html

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion

originally posted by: YeahYea4

Ask his people////

Do it.

Oh I know he's a d-bag, just pointing out that we're all tools being used by the elite.

star you are correct.

But for us common man, at least we should be able to semi-choose the d-bag over us.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

a reply to: [post=19725027]BlessedLore[/post

]I'm assuming the tactics are still the same: slow them down and keep the horde from reaching Seoul until the backup shows. First thing I learned when I got in country.

Exactly the same in 2001-2003 as you said above.
Try to slow em down knowing we die waiting for backup to come before Seoul is overrun and hope for the best that SK isn't overrun in 5-6 hours, still same strategy unfortunately...

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandra

Yes the south have stupid tendency to keep provoking the mad dog, not a clever idea. What can they achieve ? The American submarines will flatten the front line and major cities, but at what cost. Seoul is only an hour south, and NK has a million troops poised to rush thru tunnels. It's gonna be messy ...... Once again a stupid president (South) leads a country into mass disaster.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The problem is Mrs.Korea, Kim of the North is a lunatic, and just like all religious fanatics they are prepared to die.....
He has rockets, he has nukes, they are desperate to use them,,,, soon he will feel he has got to, or loose face as "leader",,,

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterKaman
a reply to: ComplexCassandra

Yes the south have stupid tendency to keep provoking the mad dog, not a clever idea. What can they achieve ? The American submarines will flatten the front line and major cities, but at what cost. Seoul is only an hour south, and NK has a million troops poised to rush thru tunnels. It's gonna be messy ...... Once again a stupid president (South) leads a country into mass disaster.

Of which a large percentage will lay down arms at the first sign of real danger. You really think 40% of the countries population are all that much dedicated soldiers? They are not.

I keep finding it ironic that NK can have loud speakers for dozens of years.. an entirely fake village.. ridiculous propaganda.. and yet, it's SK that is being stupid? Do you expect them to just fold to NKs ridiculous provocations forever? The SK president is one sharp lady.. not sure where you get your "stupid" president theory.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
2.5 hrs and counting
yawn
not holding my breath

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
S. Korea has ordered civilians to be evacuated from border areas (total of about 3700+/-) in anticipation of the North's artillery barrage. The South once again stated they are not going to stop broadcasts.

* - TASS - Seoul orders evacuation from border areas amid North’s ultimatum - 15 mins ago on twitter

* - South Korea, US Agree to Launch Retaliatory Attacks on North Korea

edit on 22-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Officials from the 2 Koreas to meet prior to deadline in attempt to ease the situation. S. Korea stated they would stop broadcasts if N. Korea admits to the land mine incident. N. Korea refuses.

Aljazeera - Korean Peninsula tense ahead of broadcast deadline
edit on 22-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join