It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Encyclopedia of non american stealth planes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
AVPRO's FOAS-1 concept could be produced in single-seat manned or unmanned versions, both of which would heavily rely on speed, maneuverability, stealth, advanced on-board systems, and new generation "smart" weapons.
www.aeronautics.ru...

AVPRO's FOAS-1 concept could be produced in single-seat manned or unmanned versions, both of which would heavily rely on speed, maneuverability, stealth, advanced on-board systems, and new generation "smart" weapons
www.aeronautics.ru...

Archangel UCAVs may provide air cover for RAF ASTOR aircraft on station over enemy territory
external image

the VTOL UCAV - 1 AVPRO Avenger anti - ship weapons carrier
www.aeronautics.ru...

UCAV-2 conventional take-off from carrier deck, flying wing design, AA, AG and recoinaissance missions.UCAV-2 conventional take-off from carrier deck, flying wing design, AA, AG and recoinaissance missions.
www.aeronautics.ru...

UCAV-3 AVPRO Archangel, AA, AG, air - to - ship weapons platform
www.aeronautics.ru...
www.aeronautics.ru...

Note : Pics are just about the right size and dont need resizing

Note, the images were too big, 680x680 and 200kb are the maximum size.

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 24 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Confidence in the Future: RSK MiG is continuing work on a fifth generation fighter

[EXTRACT of a wide-ranging interview with Vladimir Barkovskiy, director of Mikoyan OKB Engineering Center. Opens with recent sales of MiG-29 to Sudan and Yemen and its potential for continued sales. All snipped.]

- What, in your view, the basic directions of development of the MiG brand of airplanes today?

- I would single out three. First – this is the upgrade of our successful projects and, most of all, the MiG-29 fighter. We are not only delivering the basic airplanes today, but also the upgrades. The first upgraded MiG-29 have been shipped to a foreign customer. These are two trainers [SPARKI] for training pilots, but not on the SMT version. The single-seat MiG-29SMT are in the final stage of assembly, equipped with a full complex of weapons and targeting and navigational systems. I think, by year’s end we will start series shipments of the single-place airplanes of this type, in which connection to two countries at once. At the same time – and we have not made much noise about this – we have received certification, a preliminary conclusion about the upgraded MiG-29 airplane in our air force.

Right now production is unfolding of an advanced version of the MiG-29 – this is the MiG-29K. There also exists in parallel a land-based version which is maximally unified with the maritime (the degree of unification is more than 90 percent), and, on the whole one can say, that this generation is of a higher level than the MiG-29SMT. These airplanes possess a large fuel reserve in internal tanks, a digital fly-by-wire control system, new cockpit instrumentation and new capabilities in maneuverability. Moreover, we have a version of the airplane with vectored thrust based on the MiG-29M fighter. Today the Mikoyan OKB is at a very advanced stage of this airplane’s tests. Flights began as early as before the last MAKS. But we did not show this airplane in flight at the air salon. After completion of the first stage of tests, airplane systems were modified and today its flight tests are continuing actively.

In fact the MiG-29OVT – this is the first MiG-29M aircraft which is equipped with deflected thrust vectoring (the developer is the Klimov plant) which allows controlling the aircraft in all axes. We also will be able to offer versions with such engines in several years at a foreign customer’s request for airplanes of the advanced MiG-29 versions. For the first time in Russian, and perhaps in the world, the control system for deflecting the nozzles of the engines is digital.

The MiG-AT is a new theme for the MiG corporations. This aircraft is the quintessence of new technologies. Forty percent of this airplane’s surfaces are composed of composite materials. Not one other domestic jet airplane has such a feature.

The third direction on which the MiG corporation is working is the creation of a new generation fighter. It should not only preserve to a significant degree for the corporation the market which the MiG-29 has won today, but also essentially expand it.

- Is this an initiative development of the Mikoyan OKB?

- No. It was not an initiative at first. But afterwards, because of decreased funding of this project on the part of the state budget, the MiG corporation took it onto itself in order to assure continuity in the development of its product line and to preserve the positions in the market in that way.

- At what stage is this project?

- At the draft stage.

- And how will it look technologically? Will the air force be attracted? The Sukhoy Aviation Holding Company has it kind of clear – there is an established program, as the financing goes. But what about you?

- Here it is very important to be accurate and correct in the wording. Our project is not an alternative to that development with which the other developer is involved. We have never tried to contest the air force positions on this question. Our state has huge continental expanses, and it is necessary to assure the coverage of its air space. As of today, the MiG-31 and Su-27, which have a takeoff of more than 30-40 tonnes mainly accomplish this mission.

But there are combat missions, including too for the Russian air force, which from the point of view of finances and the limitations of the defense budget are more suitable for accomplishing by other airplanes. The more “budgetary,” which have, what is very important, also the best prospects in the marketplace. And if we don’t want to lose this market, and today, I repeat, 52 countries have MiG brand fighters and 30 states – the MiG-29, then we must think about the future, understanding at the same time in which direction the combat aircraft marketplace will develop. We see that the European Eurofighter in weights and dimensions and combat capabilities are very close to the MiG-29.

[Comparisons of MiG-29 with non-Russian fighters snipped.]

- Right now your future fighter is at the draft stage. How will future stages and periods look in getting to a prototype?

- We are planning to prepare this aircraft for that moment when the market of the MiG-29 airplane and its heavily upgraded versions decreases. It is a question of 2012 – 2015, when we place to market this airplane.

- This aircraft is a great attraction for collaborators. The question is fully appropriate: with which engine will it be equipped? The AL-41 is intended for the future Sukhoy Aviation Holding Company fighter. What will your engine be?

- [Information about relationships and not about engine snipped.] Thus, there are no principle problems either from the point of view of organizational control or from the point of view of organization of the development and production of a future engine.

- Will it have supersonic cruise?

- If there are not two – three qualities on the fifth generation airplane, such as stealth [NEZAMETNOST’], advanced cruising capabilities in speed, and capabilities in maneuvering and basing, then this is a generation 4+, 4++ airplane.

- With the Klimov plant come forward as the engine developer? And will it be a principally new engine? Again, what will the stages of its creation look like?

- We are working with the Klimov plant. It is the developer of all our engines. On the developmental level, this OKB today is one of the most advanced in Russia.

Per se, the Klimov plant is a leader in the Russian aviation industry for the creation of the majority of the basic elements of the next generation engine.

- That is the development of the engine for the future fighter will be realized by the Klimov plant. And will Fazotron-NIIR make the active phased array antenna array radar, as I understand it?

- I would answer like this. We are open for cooperation. Undoubtedly, RSK MiG is working today on a parity basis with all collaborators on the creation of an example of next generation equipment. But no one as of today has yet created a second effective mechanism for moving ahead, as competition is. .

- You will make the airframe, and the cockpit, you are resolving the low-observability problem: But the main thing on a new fighter is the engine and radar. How nonetheless will you resolve this question? The most “delicate” moment is the engine. What stage of development is it in? Billions are needed here. And using what funds? Export alone doesn’t give such revenue. Or is an intermediate variant possible, with a transitional engine?

[Discussion of funding and cost-effectiveness snipped.]

- Will it be a one or two-engine airplane?

- Two-engine.

- How will the airplane look weight-wise?

- The aircraft is a MiG-29 class.

- Will weapons carriage be inside the fuselage?

- Stealth has to be realized.

- Are you planning such an airframe assembling that it would approximate a JSF? Will this be a complex solution?

- Stealth has to be realized fully. It is impossible to correct anything fundamentally with “cosmetics,” it is only one of the elements. We have a complex approach to the solution of the stealth question.

- But is it possible to say anything about the external appearance of the future RSK MiG airplane?

- This is a premature question. Until the airplane is presented for flight tests, much data about it is classified [ZAKRYTYY] in nature.

- But at what stage will the “picture” cease being secret?

- This will depend on the paces of the realization of the program and the marketing of this product. Every thing has to be considered. [What other countries do snipped.]

- Will the future RSK MiG airplane be an international project?

- Today it is a Russian project.

- And what about the 1.44 project? Is this a dead-end path as of today? Or have some kind of political considerations come into play here?

- Today RSK MiG is at the stage of executing some huge contracts. All revolving funds a directed, essentially, at their fulfillment. Work on the 1.44 is underway for the purpose of the possible use of this aircraft as a flying laboratory, but in that capacity as funds will allow us.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
the VTOL UCAV - 1 AVPRO Avenger anti - ship weapons carrier
www.aeronautics.ru...

That ship looks kinda like the Sea Shadow, or even maybe the smyge. Either way intresting design, and awesome pics!

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Could you include the Tupolev Tu-160 "Blackjack" nuke bomber in this category?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Nice, with the help of those it's easier to recognisace planes... Cool...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

Originally posted by matej
That is not true. This serie of photos was taken during summer 1994 from hangar of Zhukovskoje/Ramenskoje at MiG plant 04.

I'm not sure what to believe,i've read plenty about this photo.

Why are these Stealth planes all UCAVs? Why cannot they be manned instead? Instead of joining the air force to be a pilot, we may as well fly RC planes for a living instead!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Something more like "Encyclopedia of drawings of proposed non-American stealth planes".

An encyclopedia of existing non-American stealth planes would still be one of the shortest books in the world.

[edit on 11/9/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
An encyclopedia of existing american stealth planes should have the same lenght [or shorth :-]:

Lockheed Have Blue
Lockheed F-117
Northrop Tacit Blue
Northrop B-2
Lockheed F/A-22A YF-22
Northrop YF-23
Lockheed X-35
Boeing X-32

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

An encyclopedia of existing american stealth planes should have the same lenght [or shorth :-]:

Lockheed Have Blue
Lockheed F-117
Northrop Tacit Blue
Northrop B-2
Lockheed F/A-22A YF-22
Northrop YF-23
Lockheed X-35
Boeing X-32

True. Exactly 8 entries longer than the "book" I was referring to.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Lockheed Have Blue
Lockheed F-117
Northrop Tacit Blue
Northrop B-2
Lockheed F/A-22A YF-22
Northrop YF-23
Lockheed X-35
Boeing X-32

The SR-71 Blackbird could be added as well. It used RAP and shaping to give it very crude stealth features.

In any case this is a great thread. Kudos to all that contributed.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Looks like the Roman Oracle is back with the usual "bhang" ....

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Lockheed Have Blue
Lockheed F-117
Northrop Tacit Blue
Northrop B-2
Lockheed F/A-22A YF-22
Northrop YF-23
Lockheed X-35
Boeing X-32

The SR-71 Blackbird could be added as well. It used RAP and shaping to give it very crude stealth features.

In any case this is a great thread. Kudos to all that contributed.

You're right about that one! But I guess that would also include the A-12...

Can the U-2 be considered a "stealth" plane? My first thought is to say no, but I would have to do the research on that one.

But I must add one more to the list! Boeing's "Bird of Prey"... Impressive!

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A-12 no. It never flown [i forgot to mention Bird of Prey, thanks]

Centurion1211: I think that you do not know nothig about MiG 1.44 or Sukhoi Su-47 or MBB Lampyridae demonstrator that allready flew.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rmatrem
Can the U-2 be considered a "stealth" plane? My first thought is to say no, but I would have to do the research on that one.

No. There WAS a variant that worked on reducing the RCS, but it crashed. It had all kinds of horrifying things done to its flight characteristics, and the U-2 is hard enough to fly when it's in a "clean" configuration.

"When Kelly Johnson found out that the Soviets were tracking U-2 flights on a regular basis he initiated work on ways to reduce the U-2's radar signature. Two main approaches were followed Trapeze and Wallpaper. Trapeze used long bamboo poles attached to both wings parallel to the fuselage. Wires were then attached to these poles along with beaded wires to "trap" radar pulses. Wallpaper involved covering the body and wings of the aircraft with anechoic materials to absorb radar energy."

www.danshistory.com...

"Could you include the Tupolev Tu-160 "Blackjack" nuke bomber in this category?"

Almost certainly not without some extensive modification to the airplane. Rumors are that the RCS is smaller than a B-1, but it's not a stealth plane.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

A-12 no. It never flown [i forgot to mention Bird of Prey, thanks]

Centurion1211: I think that you do not know nothig about MiG 1.44 or Sukhoi Su-47 or MBB Lampyridae demonstrator that allready flew.

I'd hate to say this, but the A-12 did fly on April 26, 1962.

Here is a good link:

roadrunnersinternationale.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

No. There WAS a variant that worked on reducing the RCS, but it crashed. It had all kinds of horrifying things done to its flight characteristics, and the U-2 is hard enough to fly when it's in a "clean" configuration.

"When Kelly Johnson found out that the Soviets were tracking U-2 flights on a regular basis he initiated work on ways to reduce the U-2's radar signature. Two main approaches were followed Trapeze and Wallpaper. Trapeze used long bamboo poles attached to both wings parallel to the fuselage. Wires were then attached to these poles along with beaded wires to "trap" radar pulses. Wallpaper involved covering the body and wings of the aircraft with anechoic materials to absorb radar energy."

www.danshistory.com...

"Could you include the Tupolev Tu-160 "Blackjack" nuke bomber in this category?"

Almost certainly not without some extensive modification to the airplane. Rumors are that the RCS is smaller than a B-1, but it's not a stealth plane.

Great Info!
Good quote! Thanks

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I'd hate to say this, but the A-12 did fly on April 26, 1962.

Here is a good link:

roadrunnersinternationale.com...

Different airplane. The A-12 that flew on that date was the single seat CIA version of the SR-71. The A-12 mentioned here as a stealth plane for the Navy was the A-12 Avenger, that was supposed to replace the Intruders. It got cancelled before they ever built a prototype, or even got close to flying.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Please read above .... I was the one who mentioned the A-12, therefore I am defining the A-12 I was mentioning

"The SR-71 Blackbird could be added as well. It used RAP and shaping to give it very crude stealth features."

I responded:
"You're right about that one! But I guess that would also include the A-12..."

I meant the yf-12 , a-12blackbirds as the post was referring to the sr-71 being added to the list.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
India's MCA to fly in 8 years

BANGALORE: The Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), the aircraft design house of the Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) in Bangalore has formed a core team to design a medium combat aircraft (MCA), an advanced multi-role fighter with stealth capabilities.

Besides incorporating many features of the indigenous single-engine Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) that is undergoing flight trials, the MCA will use radar-absorbent materials to reduce detection by radars, making it a stealth fighter.

The new generation fighter is expected to replace the Jaguar and the Mirage-2000 fleet of the Indian Air Force in the coming decades.The design work is getting ready. It should be completed in a year,” DRDO sources told DNA.

The advanced aircraft will be build with extensive use of composites and have smart sensors like micro electronic mechanical systems (MEMS), that can automatically detect strains or weaknesses in the airframe or wings. “The IAF is giving a lot of inputs for the design,” sources said.

Once the design is frozen, the DRDO would present the project to the government for sanction of the MCA project estimated to cost about Rs 6000 to Rs 8000 crore. The MCA will be a 12 tonne weight class fighter with a maximum take-off weight of about 18 tonnes.

It is to be powered by two “thrust vector’’ engines that facilitate controlling the flight by controlling its thrust, giving the pilot greater manoeuvrability.

Only two aircrafs's - the Sukhoi30 MKI, now manufactured in India under license and the American FA/22 raptor fighter-are powered by thrust vector engines.

But there are snags in developing Kaveri, the indigenous engine that will be used for the LCA and upgraded for the MCA. The DRDO has invited bids from global engine makers to participate in building the engine.

Many systems and technologies developed in India for the LCA, Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT) and the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) like the flight control systems and composite wings will be used in the MCA.

“It will take about six to eight years for the first aircraft to be developed,” sources said.
Full Article >>

New pics of the proposed MCA are out ... obtained by rakall of BR from an ADA presentation at an IIT.... the entire ADA presentation has been leaked ... and hosted at link

Posted with credits to rakall :

This seems to be the design that is fianlised (as stated in the article):

^^ evloved from the LCA and shares commonality with the LCA

IMHO it looks a lot like the F-35.

It appears to be in a pretty advanced stage ... because Pakistan just bought the "best for anti-stealth role" VERA-E radars a month back ... the announcement that the prototype is 6-8 years away is also suggestive of the level of its completion .... further since its a development of the LCA (which just entered production), it might not take very long.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I continue post about light fighter, mentioned in thread T-50 PAK FA configuration

First rumours were made during MAKS 2005, where some sources said, that MiG is working independently on a new light fighter for India. It was named MiG-E LMFI: Eksportno-orientirovannyi Logkiy Mnogo-funkcyonalnyi Istrebitel [MiG designed for export Light Multirole Fighter]. After that my sources said, that the new fighter is light, single engined [!] and in shape is comparable to scaled down MiG 1.42 MFI. Existence of reqirements for lighter and cheaper fighter than T-50 was confirmed in January in Interfax report. But the single engine concept is in direct collision with information from Vladimir Barkovskiy. On the other side, this concept was widely tested not only on MiG 1.44 demonstrator, but also on DM 5.12 scaled down models from KHAI during 1986 - 1992.

Other pics in my web: www.hitechweb.szm.sk...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join