It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: Get Rid of Birthright Citizenship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I would like to ask 2 questions, first why does such a rich and powerful man want to be the leader of the US, and the second would such a man ever be interested in what is best for the people or would he be more interested in what is best for him and his powerful friends

I think there are a lot of people who share the same questions as you.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
I would like to ask 2 questions, first why does such a rich and powerful man want to be the leader of the US, and the second would such a man ever be interested in what is best for the people or would he be more interested in what is best for him and his powerful friends

Ask yourself the same question about a lifetime politician and see if the answer differs for you.....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
a reply to: introvert

The entire idea is ridiculous and that is why most people do not even consider it a viable option. It would only lead to violence and heartbreak. We're better off letting them stay, join the workforce and live along side them.

No we are not better off.....FORCED??? Maybe.....But better off? Absolutely not!

I think we are better off finding a better way to citizenship. These people are already here, are working and we share in the American "experience" together. There are so many other things that we should be spending our time addressing that would have a bigger impact than illegal immigration.

Again from one thread to another to another....

Not sure what you are referring to.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm sure Trump knows he won't get everything he put in his immigration plan but this is how you negotiate. Your first offer should always be much more than you actually want and then during the negotiations you let them negotiate you down to what you actually want.

That way you get what you want and the other party in the negotiation thinks they drove a hard bargain and got a good deal. Simple stuff but I'm sure there will be more finesse than that in the actual execution. Anyway this will be congress he is dealing with not the cut-throat businessmen he usually has to maneuver around.
edit on 18-8-2015 by TonySarc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There are so many other things that we should be spending our time addressing that would have a bigger impact than illegal immigration.

How about homelessness.....These COULD go hand in hand if put together properly....

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not at all. PEOPLE allow Obama to stomp on the Constitution, to the detriment of ALL of us. Those same people, like YOU, shouldn't have a problem when someone else stomps on it too.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

But can you speak to my comment and not redirect to what Congress must do?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I agree with Trump on the immigration issue, but when I heard he wanted to change the constitution, I immediately thought he was going about this the wrong way. Making amendments to the constitution isn't so easy, so why is he trying to do it this way?

Instead, why can't we simply send the illegal immigrant parents and their US born infant back to their country of origin? The kid will still be a US citizen, but he/she will have to be deported because of his/her parents' status. When they are 18 years old, they are welcome back as long as they can speak english and have no criminal records.
This will immediately stop the "anchor baby" problem since the parents no longer have an excuse to stay here.

Remind me why we can't do something like this. Why can't the government touch illegals with US-born infants again?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: crazyewok
You haven't thought that through very well have you?

If the country's in question economys tank even more..........you will get MORE illegals streaming across your border....

Cause and effect is a bitch.

No, I thought it through just fine. We need to focus on ourselves and our economies, not other countries'. If we ensure that illegals are sent back--first at the cost of the home government, then if not, at our cost (obviously)--then they'll find another country into which they can stream, or they can do this interesting thing called apply for legal citizenship.

And seriously, if a country is only economically sound because of U.S. foreign aid, they have no right being an individual country.

So, yes, cause and effect is a bitch, but concerning your response, I think your effect is based on whimsical hyperbole and would be less impactful than you believe.

No you haven't thought it through.

Im not saying the US should not sort it border problem out, god knows us Brits share the same woes right now (least yours are not Muslims) but you have to be SMART about it.

No way will the country's in question pay to take them back. They will laugh in your face and walk off.

And if you cancel the aid you will just get MORE immigrants pounding at your border.

The first smart thing would be to levie heavy penaltys for those who employ illegals and to close all welfare loop holes to make there no point coming to the USA illegally.

edit on 18-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

But can you speak to my comment and not redirect to what Congress must do?

If you can pass it pass congress, sure do it.

But Trump cant just sign of EO like some dictator.
edit on 18-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

He won't have a pen and a phone?

Understanding that it takes passage from Congress, many members who were beneficiaries of sizable donations from Trump, there seems to be active and creative side stepping of Congress, that Trump will no doubt utilize as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You apparently seem to think that these invading cultures can't appropriate the cultures of the places they are moving to and its only the places that they move to that have to change their culture. Everything you said is baseless fearmongering.
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When you make a call in the US and get a computerized system answering, how many languages are offered? 99% of the time it's English and Spanish. The reason for this is the immigration of Spanish speaking persons into the US.
Mexican children can wear representation of the flag of their heritage on Cinco de Mayo, on US school grounds, but natural born or naturalized children are not allowed to wear representation of the US flag on Cinco de Mayo?

source.

The above link proves, IMO, that the US has been forceably indoctrinated by Mexican immigrants, whose rights, in this case, supercede the rights of US born chidren.

This prove basis and not fearmongering as you stated.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
the landscape is constantly changing, at first it was native americans, then came the english, french, spanish, dutch, slaves, then came germans, then chinese, then irish, then italians...and the prior inhabitants always hated on the new guy.

as for the future of the usa yes it will be vastly different w the majority of citizens being minorities or multi cultural. hopefully eventually the melting pot will be big enough to end all the bs racism.

as for trumps crazy idea it sounds pretty hitleresque and he is definitely creating a scapegoat out of the illegal alien situation, don't get me wrong the issue needs to be addressed but he is going about it the wrong way. first of all it would cost billions of dollars to round up and send back all the illegals and their children and the ones born here.

imo the new presidents main concerns should be education, career opportunities and the economy which work hand in hand w each other, better education leads to more career opportunities which leads to less poverty and a better economy.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I know how you feel. Especially after a long post full of links and supporting evidence. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who knew this.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Can you honestly say that if George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were standing here today that they would be ok with the idea of people sneaking across the border in the middle of the night,

isn't that what they did? except they didn't just sneak in, they invaded a country that wasn't theirs and took over, are you afraid that's what illegals will do?
edit on 18-8-2015 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And then give anybody hiring someone without a green card some prison time.
With no way to get a job they will not bother making the trip.

This is the most realistic approach.

Because we can build a big wall, but they will just dig under it or go over it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The first smart thing would be to levie heavy penaltys for those who employ illegals and to close all welfare loop holes to make there no point coming to the USA illegally.

Mexicans and persons from Central American come here to either work, or sell drugs. If we removed those two options they would stop coming in the numbers we see. But of course, this is much too sensible for us to do.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Close the borders, dont allow illegals in, no more birthright citizenship
case closed.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

You apparently seem to think that these invading cultures can't appropriate the cultures of the places they are moving to and its only the places that they move to that have to change their culture. Everything you said is baseless fearmongering.
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When you make a call in the US and get a computerized system answering, how many languages are offered? 99% of the time it's English and Spanish. The reason for this is the immigration of Spanish speaking persons into the US.
Mexican children can wear representation of the flag of their heritage on Cinco de Mayo, on US school grounds, but natural born or naturalized children are not allowed to wear representation of the US flag on Cinco de Mayo?

source.

Um, you do know that Cinco de Mayo is mostly an American holiday right? The mere fact that they are CELEBRATING it is a testament to them becoming Americanized. I don't know about you, but -I- love celebrating Cinco de Mayo. Usually with drinking lots of Corona or XX. Maybe some tequila. It's all good. I'm not even close to being Mexican.

Also, check your speaking preference rant at the door. There is nothing wrong with a company offering more options for their customers to understand them. You know, to ease the flow of business? Not to mention, many foreign countries offer two languages options on the phone as well, the native one and English.

The above link proves, IMO, that the US has been forceably indoctrinated by Mexican immigrants, whose rights, in this case, supercede the rights of US born chidren.

No it doesn't... Did you even read your source? It clearly says that this was done to protect the students' safety.

"This case has never been about the American flag, which Live Oak proudly flies above our school every day," said Steve Betando, superintendent of the Morgan Hill Unified School District. "This case has always been about protecting the safety of students."

The handling of the students' shirts provoked chaos at Live Oak for days, as media crews descended to spotlight the American flag flap. The students who had worn the shirts received threats. Within a week, the campus united to hold a peaceful rally to end all the strife.

Because we ALL know all that attention is SUCH a good and conducive environment for learning...

This prove basis and not fearmongering as you stated.

The only thing it may prove is that you may be a racist, and are at the very least intolerant of people showing pride in the country their ancestors or even they came from.
edit on 18-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

unless its the 21st amendment banning alcohol......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join