It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth--A World Going Dark

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think ti's dangerous to believe like hte OP does. When you open yourself up to the irrational, you become vulnerable to all the randomness and unpredictability. The human mind is excellent at finding patterns. It's so "good" it'll find patterns in chaos. Look at the clouds closely enough and you'll start to see familiar things. Examine this life closely enough and you'll start to see God. Do I really have to explain how that can be dangerous? A person suffering from schizophrenia is an example.

All told, religion is controlled institutionalized insanity. Society permits it because humans are inherently irrational. To survive, society creates a controlled insanity via orthodox religious codes. If you take away this societal protective layer, what you have is an insane person--believing irrational things. They become obviously insane. But yet when someone believes in Jesus or Buddha or Allah or Krishna--an established religion or otherwise orthodox religious code--it's considered normal. So the actual fact is probably all of us experience some level of insanity.

I'm assuming we can be less insane by trying to be rational and not allowing ourselves to believe irrational unscientific things. Note that I said "less insane". I'm not implying those who seek rational thought are sane. Many science people are in fact worshippers at the altar of science. Science might be looked at as an more fit, evolved version of religion.

Irrational thought can be tempered and shaped and channelled, but it cannot be eliminated. It comes from deep wthin us.
edit on 14-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I'm not implying those who seek rational thought are sane.

Rational to whom exactly?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

you need to understand both sides to be able to choose what is right, for you or anyone else you interact with...

Think of everything you do in this life is a lesson, a lesson that needs taught daily to understand both light and dark....

That is how I treat life, especially if I am having a hard time,
it is because I am learning a lesson, otherwise it would not be hard.
The key is in seeing it for what it is, and understanding what lesson you are learning. That speeds up the process to some extent. Finding the hidden meanings of life, for me, that is what a lot of it is about.

Also I do agree, it is best to know the dark, if you are going to make a choice, it should be informed.
I often have seen where the darkness is completely ignored when it comes to spiritual growth, and then when it does rear it's ugly head, people are almost powerless against it, because they do not understand it, or it is misinterpreted.
I also find often times that what people perceive as dark, is a necessity in order to bring about a spiritual enlightenment of some kind. An epiphany of sorts you could not get without having such an experience.

a reply to: Trachel

Yeah, I am pretty sure I understand where it is coming from,
it just has bothered me upon waking a few times.

I'll try the meditative reprogramming when I start to get back into meditation.
I have been "blocking" my 6th sense for a couple of years now due to some dark experiences that reminded me that I have no idea what the heck I am doing sometimes.
Honestly, I don't think anyone really does when it comes to these things.
If you don't jump on a religious bandwagon and walk the path alone,
the ups and downs can make for a bumpy yet thrilling ride sometimes.
Life is a school, and I hang out on the playground as much as possible...lol

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hit the nail on the head brother! I have seen them both and I made my choice.....Most of the people who don't have an opinion haven't been on that bad/dark side before....Once someone hits bottom, once someone sees that side for what it is...There is no choice, it is very clear....

I am glad I could relate to you! I wish you the best on your quest to the light! Don't give up, open up....It will do wonders!

ETA: Now my life is absolutely AMAZING!!! That is evidence enough for me!
edit on 8/14/2015 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I think ti's dangerous to believe like hte OP does.

I believe self-refinement is the key towards self-actualization.

I believe we each have the ability to save ourselves and help our planet.

I believe we're all personally and jointly liable for the fate of our species and world.

I believe that we each remain accountable for our own personal and spiritual development.

I believe the universe is made from love, compassion, forgiveness, and understanding--and that it's here to help us learn and grow and perfect ourselves as conscious spirits.

Which of these are particularly dangerous?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You ask what's irrational? Evil is many things, depending on who you ask and what their culture and religion is. It's definitely not 1+1=2.

What's heaven? Again, you'll get different answers.

Emotions and fear play into it. They're not rational processes. They're not bad, so to speak, but they need direction, like via society.

But as I tried to explain in my post, humans are not inherently rational creatures. That's why I argued science is a more fit, evolved version of religion. It's an societal (cultural trait?) orthodox--institutional--sanctioned religion. But as opposed to other posters who might use this as an argument to ridicule or reject science, I use it as the basis to embrace it.

But don't take what I say as 1+1=2. I'm like you. I'm trying to understand what's around me. I will stumble, oftentimes blindly, through jungles of murk and mayhem. If you disagree, I hold no hostility. I disagree with a lot of posters in my travels. I don't mean to step on any feet.
edit on 14-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

But who decides what is moral and what is ethical?

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe its still part of the lesson we need to learn! To fail repeatedly until we understand our ego is our enemy, once we surpass it, we might evolve.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazamure

But who decides what is moral and what is ethical?

Great question. The answer is that you do... you decide your own ethical creed.

You decide which actions make you feel good and which make you feel weird.

Something I often say is, "The only way to fail life is to act against your moral code--and the only way to fail in the spirit world is to stop evolving your personal conception of right and wrong."

That's just my 0.02, but it works well for me.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

After you're there, you're more than welcome to sit back and do nothing more. But a significant percentage of spirits who attain that near-perfected state do continue incarnating to further develop themselves and live inspiring lives for the masses.

Hi Trachel, my understanding is, we don't get to make that call until we get to wake in our causal bodies, then we get some input into our future lives, even then we receive a lot of guidance.

Up till that time the closest we get to heaven, which is by most peoples imagination is as good as heaven, is in the time spent in the mental world. We usually sleep at the end of our existence there, and then wake up in a new body all purposely designed for us to provide us with the the faculties to to face the life before us.

It is not till much later and getting closer to our time to transmigrate to an essential being, that we even gain consciousness in the causal world. It is here where the angels pass the time of day
and we get to co-plan our remaining incarnations and we also get to glimpse our past lives.

You are correct in saying that many causal being and essential being chose to incarnate for the good of his/her fellow kind, and many do. But the the transmigration to essential requires the admittance into a collective entity, even though we maintain our individuality we then gain access to a much larger collective consciousness and we become masters in our own rights.

Our work only really begins when we become essential beings because there is so much to do, It is a very busy existence being a planetary or solar systemic master. I suppose we must get weekends off but I can't be sure of that, lol

edit on 15-8-2015 by kennyb72 because: Add quote

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Maybe its still part of the lesson we need to learn! To fail repeatedly until we understand our ego is our enemy, once we surpass it, we might evolve.

Some people have bought into the "lessons to learn" mantra to the point of blinding themselves to the fact there is a nasty agenda behind it.
edit on 15-8-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako

originally posted by: Substracto

Some people have bought into the "lessons to learn" mantra to the point of blinding themselves to the fact there is a nasty agenda behind it.

But you are here to learn lessons. And you're here to learn them in a material world with physical and emotional repercussions.

Life can be fun, life can be amazing, life can be wondrous--but this isn't really a game.

You're here to enjoy having a material body, for sure. But you're also here to WORK.

And by work, I mean you're here to absorb your lessons and evolve on a celestial level.

The point of climbing this spiritual mountain is to reach the top--not to remain in place forever spinning your wheels. And the only way that happens is if you learn the teachings/morals/ethical bon mots the designers of your life present unto you.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
But you are here to learn lessons. And you're here to learn them in a material world with physical and emotional repercussions.

Life can be fun, life can be amazing, life can be wondrous--but this isn't really a game.

You're here to enjoy having a material body, for sure. But you're also here to WORK.

In Spanish the word for work (trabajo) is a derivative from tripalium, a roman torture instrument. Sure, getting tied to three stakes and be set on fire makes you evolve real quick.

The point of climbing this spiritual mountain is to reach the top--not to remain in place forever spinning your wheels. And the only way that happens is if you learn the teachings/morals/ethical bon mots the designers of your life present unto you.

From a mountain of poop, the only thing that ascends is an annoying stinking odor.

edit on 15-8-2015 by yosako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yosako
In Spanish the word for work (trabajo) is a derivative from tripalium, a roman torture instrument. Sure, getting tied to three stakes and be set on fire makes you evolve real quick.

From a mountain of poop, the only thing that ascends is an annoying stinking odor.

This opportunity to be alive and learn and improve and grow is fantastic.

This world you've incarnated into towards accomplishing your work is beautiful.

If you can't see how incredibly lucky you are to have this opportunity, I suggest taking a few steps back and meditating until your mind clears and your perspective changes. Because it sounds like you've got something whispering those negative thoughts into your ears, and it's likely the work of malevolent spirits

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

What we need do is awaken people to the fact that those corrupt individuals are only in power because we allow them to be there.

A CEO is only a CEO because we all agree: "yep, you're the CEO."

Yes. If the society is negative, then the people elected from that society to lead the society will be, too.

People believe in greed for sex, money, and power, trying to control others and then wonder why the leaders are the same.

If the people promote Peace, Freedom, and Joy the leaders will follower as quickly as they followed the "money over everything" idea promoted in popular media.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Yes. If the society is negative, then the people elected from that society to lead the society will be, too.

People believe in greed for sex, money, and power, trying to control others and then wonder why the leaders are the same.

If the people promote Peace, Freedom, and Joy the leaders will follower as quickly as they followed the "money over everything" idea promoted in popular media.

You got it.

The society in which we're living is nothing more than a reflection of our collective minds.

Until we clean up our minds in the image of divinity--until we lead by example and show others the path towards the light--we can't possible expect things will improve.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Benevolence alone is not enough to change the world, when the negative forces overpower us ten fold. We need an edge. A deus ex machina...

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am but a seagull, Johnathan Livingston they call me.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
Benevolence alone is not enough to change the world, when the negative forces overpower us ten fold. We need an edge. A deus ex machina...

See, I don't believe this at all.

All we need is a sufficient mass of awakened humanity to step up, set good examples, and start demanding change.

It honestly wouldn't take that many people before we had a groundswell of humanity stifling out the tides of darkness. Because really, there aren't that many negative forces in charge... there's just a tiny minority of psychopaths that we allowed in control of our planet, and soon as we take back that power--we win.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

Also, check your PMs. I sent you something a long time ago, and I don't know if you ever saw it.

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join