It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not My Dog...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

You're welcome. Good luck. How long do you think it would take for "Not my dog" to be your dog?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

How long do you think it would take for "Not my dog" to be your dog?

Unfortunately..she is already chillin out at the foot of my bed...so, I'm thinking not much longer..lol

But I am fighting the good fight until at least tomorrow..

Thanks,
blend57

edit on 13-8-2015 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've confused myself now because the skull shape does look a little pitty...

Maybe a pit cross...

Hopefully the vets will be able to give you a better assessment than my half arsed attempt.

Cute anyways.

And with all that out of the way well done for being so kind and generous.
She's never gonna forget that.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Sounds like your walls are breaking down. Don't let her use any of her Jedi mind tricks on you.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I think "not my dog" will in fact become Your Dog.

And that is great! she looks like an absolute sweetie!!!!

Maybe it's just me but, I see a bit of border collie in her. I could be WAY off but, she reminds me of a mixed border collie my brother-in-law had years ago only more white fur than black.

I'm glad to hear that she is eating. That must mean she has come to trust you a little. Especially if she has endured abuse which, from your description of behavior, it sounds like she has been....poor thing.

We rescued an abused boxer a few years back and even to this day she will sometimes cower when we raise a hand to pet her....it truly breaks my heart when she does it.

Looks like you found yourself a good running buddy my friend.

Best of luck at the vet tomorrow. Hope all goes well and that you enjoy your new family member.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Hopefully these will be helpful..I am very appreciative of you trying to help in figuring out what type of dog she is..
Very helpful to me..thank you.

thanks again,
blend57

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The coat, legs and head from the camera angles definitely says young pitbull to me...

But there could be a few other breeds that fit the description I'm not too aware of.

All in all I'll stay with a "maybe", but more importantly have fun with your new friend.

Seems adventurous from those pics lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Not my Dog, Not my Dog, Not my dog, Not my dog...

lol

I think she is winning..she just took over my side of the bed

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

Not my Dog, Not my Dog, Not my dog, Not my dog...

lol

I think she is winning..she just took over my side of the bed

I'd get used to that.

That means "I'm here to stay".

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yep, I have 4 dogs and it's a struggle every night to get the leg room I need....greedy little boogers!

Make sure you come back to the thread and let us know what you name her. LOL!

She is a keeper for sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I think she's winning, too.

Look how many people here are rooting for you to keep her

I hope all goes well.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamfox1
Give her human food. If she does not eat dog food her owner has fed her human food. When a dog has been conditioned to eat that type of food, dog food is yuck to her.

How true ;(

I've three dogs and cook for them every night and it's a pain in the backside! Tried them on cat food, dog food and they refuse to eat. Now I cook rice and mix with meat and veg!.

My partner says I spoil them

To the OP, I would suggest Plain boiled rice with chicken. Easy on the tummy and tastes good.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yeah..well, lets just get through the night with the pillow hogging beast.. lol,

I'll update tomorrow on the vet and whether or not I'm gonna keep her. Can't send her to the pound, that's for sure..I don't have it in me to do such things.

Thanks to everyone again, very helpful information. I'm sure the pillow hog will be spoiled rotten by the end of the week.

Thanks again,
blend57

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I got more...just waiting for them to download..slow internet connection here.. How many angles/shots would you need to see what type of dog she is?

thanks,
blend57

She looks like a Jack Russell cross!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My dog will kill you for some roast beef. so maybe try that lol

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Perhaps a Jack Russel, Border Collie cross?

Was the chicken you fed her cooked or raw. I ask because because she may have been fed a raw diet. I feed my animals a raw diet. They wouldn't know what to do with pet food either.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Um..cooked..but I think she is used to raw..as I just let her out and she is chasing bunnies. I'm pretty sure she has been eating bunnies...which is a problem for me..lol

hopefully it is easily remedied...

thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I would keep her on a raw diet then if at all possible. Switching could cause a lot of tummy issues. You don't have to feed her bunnies. Store bought cheap cuts. Organ meat is essential but there is a lot of cheap meat out there that people normally don't buy.

rawfed.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That is a very sweet girl, and her body shape and face are similar to my 4 mo. old puppy which is a pointer/blue heeler cross. He is also black and white, but with heeler speckles. Her long legs, lean body type and black and white coloring is very pointer. Her ears and face come from somewhere else .. maybe a pointer/pit mix?

It sounds like she chose you, so "not my dog" won't work out here. How about Chloe or Leelu?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join