It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Very Concerned About The 1500-year-old Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
1500-year-old Bible which was discovered in Turkey, deeply concerns Vatican, as it discards the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

"The Bible has been relocated to one of the Turkish museums. According to the gospel of Barnabas which is the gospel of one of the disciples of Jesus Christ, it is stated that Christ was never crucified. Instead, the Judas was the one who was crucified and Christ rose to heaven while alive. Moreover, according to this Bible, Christ was just a prophet who spoke the word of God and not the Son of God. The Apostle Paul is referred to as The Impostor."

Please see video here: VIDEO LINK

Christ rose to heaven while still alive??? Think about that one for a minute..

The Baptism of Christ by Aert de Gelder (1645-1727)

Thoughts?

edit on 8/9/2015 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Well I'm pretty sure the Vatican has a copy of it somewhere in the archive so they'll make that particular Bible 'disappear'.
edit on 9-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I guess if what you have been selling is proved to be nothing but lies, then they would have great concern indeed.

As for Jesus ascending to Heaven whilst still alive, doesn't the version we have been reading all these years claim that anyway? Okay, he died and was resurrected, but he was alive when he ascended.

Either way, Jesus appears to be a real person according to both books.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
1500-year-old Bible which was discovered in Turkey, deeply concerns Vatican, as it discards the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

"The Bible has been relocated to one of the Turkish museums. According to the gospel of Barnabas which is the gospel of one of the disciples of Jesus Christ, it is stated that Christ was never crucified. Instead, the Judas was the one who was crucified and Christ rose to heaven while alive. Moreover, according to this Bible, Christ was just a prophet who spoke the word of God and not the Son of God. The Apostle Paul is referred to as The Impostor."

Thoughts?

Considering the romans kept execution records that contradicts barabus. Also jesus was the "spiritual" son of God. Since God did not have intercourse with mary but used his Spirit to bless her with a baby. And yeah Jesus rose to heaven alive,after he was resurrected.
And really the gosphel of Barabus has been deemed a forgery as well. Look it up.

Actually I looked it up. heres a link.
Barnabus forgery
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: educational purposes

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

ohh this is interesting, Here is why .

From the Quran .

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;- —Qur'an, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158[1

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Barnabus even contradicts part of th equ ran. see my link.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The authorship of Epistle of Barnabus is disputed.

However, Christ was very much alive and in the same body he was crucified in when he ascended to Heaven.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Well of course it would be to a Muslim. Islam claims that Christ was not divine in any way, merely another prophet.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

This is incorrect. The idea of Jesus being the "son" of god is an Idea that started as differing sects started to emerge in Christianity .

If Jesus was the "son of god" then who is Adam ? who is eve? Who are we ? in relation to god ?

The correct understanding of Jesus roll is that he was an extension of god himself . This is the rightful understanding of the trinity .

Example , you have the "god head" then you Have a left and right extension of that , The holy spirit and Jesus. Both of whom are a part of god and representatives of god.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Thoughts?

This is very interesting, not only because it decimates the absurd fairy tale told by modern religion, but also because it raises other questions about the character that is supposedly Jesus Christ.

I never once in my life believed the bull# written in the bible. The message is decent enough, but so is Islam and so is hinduism and so is buddhism and catholisism.... jewery... well, "chosen ones"?

However moderne day religion has a way of all suffering from "The finger pointing at the moon" syndrome.... where instead of focusing on the message, people tend to focus on the religion or the man.

While I never believed the poison church was trying to sell, I've had my doubts wether to believe in the character of jesus christ.
But during my years of trying to make heads and tails of it all, I have though come to my own conclusion, that Jesus, Mohammed and Buddha, were one single person interpreted by several different peoples.

The whole Jesus is an alien thing is also quite intriquing, I mean, we really can't discount it in any way, one because it supposedly happened so many years ago, two because we've only been around for aprox. 100.000 years and only 10.000 of those as some kind of intelligent being, so in short, what the hell do we really know?

If you have one person walking around talking about peace and love, the same message will be understood in 1000 different ways, if 1000 people are listening to it. Corruption and extremist idealisation is unavoidable because someone will always make it their life blood and turn it into something that is the "ultimate reality".
And that's how churces / religions are started.... guess that says even more about those following them.

I'd love to read that bible... purely out of interest from a "scientific" point of view. Nothing excites me more than pricking people's bubbles of reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Uh....no. The Vatican has no concern about this so-called "bible".
vaticaninsider.lastampa.it...

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

This is incorrect. The idea of Jesus being the "son" of god is an Idea that started as differing sects started to emerge in Christianity .

If Jesus was the "son of god" then who is Adam ? who is eve? Who are we ? in relation to god ?

The correct understanding of Jesus roll is that he was an extension of god himself . This is the rightful understanding of the trinity .

Example , you have the "god head" then you Have a left and right extension of that , The holy spirit and Jesus. Both of whom are a part of god and representatives of god.

Well actually we ALL are sons and daughters of God. Same principle applies to Jesus except he was not conceived by sex though. ALso in that BArnabus claim it also calls Adam Muhammed correct? Adam and eve were who they were. God wanted them to multiply and eventually populate this world. Im sure God could also see their futures as well laid out before him as a book. H eknew their decendants would be mary and joseph one day.
As for Jesus was blessed with the holy spirit correct? Why coudnt he also be as you say as well? HE was both man and extension of God right?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

There is this quite elegant and compelling theory by professor Persinger based on Essenes use of Recipine, a drug which makes a rat catatonic - dead like state - for 3 days. On third day, they wake up by themselves. Jesus most likely was part of essenes, and while on cross, just before "dying", took bitter liquid through the swamp.

About Recipine

Prof Persinger lecture - watch 36:30 onwards

Perhaps a more likely scenario?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I guess if what you have been selling is proved to be nothing but lies, then they would have great concern indeed.

As for Jesus ascending to Heaven whilst still alive, doesn't the version we have been reading all these years claim that anyway? Okay, he died and was resurrected, but he was alive when he ascended.

Either way, Jesus appears to be a real person according to both books.

Either way the book was still written more than 500 years after the so called event….

Just some perspective.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks for looking that up! I appreciate it when people provide links.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Makes me think of the problems with dogma and perceived authority.. .how any such authority is built on a shaky foundation, indeed.

There likely was a prophet names Jesus who was very wise and perhaps plugged in enough to perform some 'miracles'... and, of course, the greedy, paternalistic control freaks moved in after him, used and perverted the message to make their cult and work their control to enable easy living off the backs of poor, ignorant believers... a common story for smaller "cults."

It's a strange world we inhabit.. .and we are strange creatures.. .and there indeed seem to be some manner of intangible intelligences around, but that guy, Jesus, is, likely, no more a 'son of God' than any creature is ... and it is sad that his wisdom, and others', has been, again and again, used to scare people into a control system... to greater and lesser harm.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The link is to a site dedicated to getting people to convert from Islam to Christianity.

It is a recruitment site.

Not sure that is the source to be taking things as fact.

Not to say these writings are in fact true, just that that isn't the best source to use as it has a clear and apparent agenda.

This web site provides extensive documentation from the Qur'an, hadiths, and early Muslim historians of what they really taught. It should be emphasize that many Musims are not violent, strictly-adhering Jihadists, but are peaceful people and good citizens. But regardless of whether you are a strict Jihadist Muslim, a peaceful Muslim or a non-Muslim, we hope and pray that you would see the original Islam for what is really is; a violent corruption and counterfeit of truth. Instead of Mohammed and Islam, look to Jesus, the prince of peace, and learn what is like to have peace within, peace with others, and above all, peace with God.

So of course they would have a bone to pick with writings saying that Jesus was just a prophet, it flies in the face of what they believe.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
we write bibles every day... called working contracts !
"he who shall work...Shall eat "
edit on 9-8-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Personally, I've always thought that Paul was merely an opportunist and that Christianity should more realistically be called Paulism. The teachings differ so vastly between the Gospels and those books attributed to Paul. Great find.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join