It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Very Concerned About The 1500-year-old Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I guess in the simplest sense you would look towards the sermon on the mount and say "well, Jesus taught you how to live" and then we look at the crucifixion and say "well, Jesus taught you how to die." I can tell you that your death will be brutal and really...all deaths are. Even natural deaths are brutal.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128
This is the least of the Vatican's concerns. Or Christianity as a whole. No matter how much evidence is presented that dismantles the Abrahamic religions, the damage is going to be minimal at best. The big 3 have no worries at this point. There's already enough information out there showing these texts to be mostly mythology, and it has done little to sway people from their blind faith, because they want to believe, and are afraid not to.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sure was probably a man named Jesus who did and said stuff like in the bible but the truth is all religions are just stuff we made up possibly based on stuff that happened.

If God/Jesus loved humans God would make it very clear what the truth is and he also would not have a hell. A loving God would not expect humans he made to believe stuff written thousands of years ago by men who were barely out of caves.

It is all a fairy tail mixed in with some real historical events. That is all. Enjoy this life cause probably is the only one you get.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
That is all. Enjoy this life cause probably is the only one you get.

Well thats the thing. Do you need words to be written on paper to believe them?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Y a know it IS ironic the Fake jews killed off both off them. Anyway th e barnabus is written in italian and that alone sends up red flags.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I foresee ISIS(L) suddenly interested in making its way into Turkey to destroy this version of the bible!

(end sarcasm)
edit on 9-8-2015 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
If you have never read the New Testament, you need to read it before you assume religion is all just "made up." I was 12 years old when I decided to read the whole Bible on my own. I remember feeling God's Spirit distinctly while reading Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. Try it. God's Spirit is real--the Holy Spirit. His job is to testify to your spirit what is real, so you are not deceived. How could this world be if people didn't just blow off Christ, but actually read and followed His simple teachings? Do you follow them? His teachings are correct, and basic teachings of goodness and right action. Look at our messed up world due to so many not really following Him. If they would read His word in the New Testament, they would feel His Spirit and know what to do. Instead they consume junk media and abuse their children. Great! Why is everyone so ready to believe "the aliens" are "in charge," yet quickly deny God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit? To all you deniers--read it first and see. Try the experiment yourself. To the person who wrote that evil has always won--you don't understand the concept of humility, nor the concept of true triumph. Yes, Christ was killed. Look how many follow Him. He knew before He came here exactly what would happen. He said He must be lifted up in order to draw all men unto Him. Yes, there is a lot of evil in the world, but does that mean you join it? Next time an evil spirit comes to you, try telling it "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to depart," and see what happens. They must leave, and they do. Sometimes in this world it appears that the evil "win," but is more material crap "winning"? And I assure you, this is not the only stage of "life." We live forever. Just as Christ took His life again, He set that path that we may do the same. He overcame the finality of death. First He suffered for your and everyones' stupidities, so that when they do awake, and realize truth, they have the chance to repent, and be aided in progression by His suffering for their sins. Muslims and those who don't accept Him as their Savior agree to suffer for their own sins, probably some suffering now, and some later, and I wish them good luck with that! Christ sweat blood from every pore due to intense suffering for darkness past and forward. He cleared it and created a reservoir of light and spirit for everyone who will partake. Try it. Ask Him. What do you have to lose? Just as God needed the flood to purge creation of corruption, He will return soon, take His followers to a safe place, and then "let it roll." Even though His flock may be small, He has more power than Satan. This is His earth. He created it. Satan is trying to take it, and take you. Dont let him. He's a freaking liar. He has only tried to mess up God's plan from the beginning of time. You can believe Satan's lies and his rewards. Have fun seeing what they are--shadows and vapors. He owns nothing and has nothing to offer you in the end. You must join the good side, because no matter how small His flock, God ultimately has more power than Satan. God gets to tell Satan where he can and can't be. He's allowed to be here now, to create opposition, but he will soon be bound. You better get to know Christ now so you recognize Him when He returns. I dare you to try it--pray to God in Christ's name and ask Him for things you need in your life. Thank Him too. Gratitude never hurt. Ask Him for help, protection, and guidance. See what happens. Pray silently so Satan doesn't try to mess things up. He always tries to block people from getting to know God. Try it, and read the New Testament. Ask God to enighten your mind and teach you the truth. Why not? You think you know more than Him? He actually cares about each person. Romans: We are His children. He created us. He loves His kids. All the crap that happens is Satan-inspired. Don't add to the misery! Choose the light. Don't be a media consumer drinking abuser. Love yourself, your family, your neighbors, and SERVE others as Christ did. See what love and community that selfless service engenders--exact opposite of corporate greed. Try it! Serve your neighbor today! Even the mean ones! They're only mean bc they've been abused and kicked down. Lift them up. Be Christ's heart and hands. Try it. How many actually follow Christ in trying to serve others daily? It's simple, yes, but think how the world would be if everyone actually did this. Try it yourself. Serve someone mean and watch what happens.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

how can you discount everything regarding Jesus when you readily admit you've never read the bible? That's like saying Antartica doesn't exist because you never read a map.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Christ's teachings are simple, but how many people ACTUALLY LIVE them? I TRY! I fall short. My own life is so much better just trying though! How would the world look if the corporate people actually followed Christ's teachings?
Here are Christ's teachings:
www.onediscipletoanother.org...
I like how the person highlighted what Christ SAID in red. Very cool.
This is one of my favorite parts:
10:28; "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
10:28; "But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
10:29-31; "Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows."
10:32; "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven."
10:33; "But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven."
Go to that site and read what He actually taught. Do you think most people even live the simple, good principles He taught? Like how about "be nice to others." Are we kind to others, or do we let our mean thoughts and judgements run wild, and we have others convicted and hung before they can say a word? We don't know what sufferings others have been through. Forgive and let go to God. Forgiveness doesn't mean you continue to associate with an abusive person--just means you know you can't see that person's heart--only God can, so forgive their humanness/shortsightedness, and let God deal with them.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Everyone is missing the hugely obvious here - the book is 1500 years old I.e. it dates 500 years after Christ.

It's probably where Islam got it's ideas about Jesus from, but in reality it is just another 'version' of Christ's story that was not officially accepted in the time it was written either.

If it were, it would be in the new testament. I'd say at a guess the Vatican us concerned because of the ancient aliens slant this 'new' Gospel takes.

Then again there was the first and second Council of Nicaea [Turkey] 325 AD.

www.tertullian.org...

As for the Vatican and aliens - why do they have their very own observatory? www.space.com...

Nearly 200 scientists are attending the conference, called "The Search for Life Beyond the Solar System: Exoplanets, Biosignature & Instruments," which runs from March 16 through 21 in Tucson, Ariz. The Vatican Observatory is co-hosting the conference with the University of Arizona's Steward Observatory. that was last year.

One of the oldest in the world www.vaticanobservatory.va...

Want to send your child to summer school?

www.vaticanobservatory.va...
edit on 9-8-2015 by LeslieD because: clarification

edit on 9-8-2015 by LeslieD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
you guys...here's some actual from the Bible.
Jesus....is God....the heir, and get this one from the old half.....of the book....He's the mighty right arm of God that reaches down from heaven in the affairs of man. ( why He sits at the right hand )
this seems to be important in the devil's bargain....like in the song by Joni M...important enough to attack that fact at every turn by any bend of friggin logic possible.
Paul was approved I guess, one more thing to quit early....which book has the track record we would look for in one's search for truth....track record in prophecies....like the one from long, long ago......we saw it come to pass......

edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 9-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If your religion is so weak that another book's version of events can ruin its viability, it's time to reconsider your beliefs.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
you guys...here's some actual from the Bible.
Jesus....is God....the heir, and get this one from the old half.....of the book....He's the mighty right arm of God that reaches down from heaven in the affairs of man. ( why He sits at the right hand )
this seems to be important in the devil's bargain....like in the song by Joni M...important enough to attack that fact at every turn by any bend of friggin logic possible.
Paul was approved I guess, one more thing to quit early....which book has the track record we would look for in one's search for truth....track record in prophecies....like the one from long, long ago......we saw it come to pass......

You believe something that has been written - translated - re-written - translated again and again...edited by the Council of Nicaea and then again by King James?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It doesnt concern me. My great great great uncle was the Minister of Finance for Turkey. My Grandfather was born at the base of mount Ararat on the Turkish side. We are Armenian. The Turkish Muslims snuck into our city and burned down the College, that taught science, Math and religion. They also burned down the Christian church and murdered the missionaries. We got out in 1910 and came to America, before they slaughtered 1.5 million Armenians, while raping and mollesting ther children. They can take their fake bible and use it as toilet tissue, and then they can eat it.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Decrees from the Second Council of Nicaea 787AD

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Then again there are those troubling Gnostics, Mary Magdelene and the Rennes-le-Chateau in France

www.csicop.org...

Throw in the Knights Templar for good measure

www.renneslechateau.nl...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And then again we have the Cathars - hunted down by the Vatican and exicuted to the very last one by the inquisition...

www.sullivan-county.com...

They believed in reincarnation also.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic - there is so much more I could post

I've overwhelmed you - and my apologies.....

Thank having to take both Catholic and Lutheran catechism at the same time, at the tender age of 12. Thats when I gave up religion.

We are right..... no ... WE ARE RIGHT

Sorry - see ya - Bye

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
ARGHHHH!!!

Mohammed is a title given to a first-born that has connections to things beyond this world.

It is not a prophet, nor a religious icon. It is a generalisation for a particular energy.

That's why Mohammed is said to mean; "FIRST BORN SON" and why the name is so popular.

Also, suck # to the Vatican!!! I can't wait to see them fall.

But know this, the Muslim, Jewish and other Churches will go with them.

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

This is the rightful understanding of the trinity

But thats (the trinity) not even in the conventional bible now is it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join