It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I ran for President would you vote for me.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Again based on the idea that you can get Congress to go along with those moves...
Unless of course you would plan to use E.O's to accomplish it but I get the feeling you would be against that.

No E.Q's the first few weeks will be tough on all Americans, the economy will come to a stand still, there is not a better way of changing our monetary system than this idea in my opinion. The American people are going to have to change and learn to help their neighbors and friends while we are going through this tough transition. In the end it will pay off greatly. The American people will be told they have to stop being so selfish.

I would also end the propaganda media by forming a new media that is honest, There will be programs all day telling Americans the truth about everything. No more brainwashing the public any longer.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I will have many laws that are against the Constitution abolished.

Major problem: While I agree with abolishing Unconstitutional laws, I am seeing a LOT of Unconstitutional new laws in your proposal. The Constitution protects the integrity and rights of corporations and industry just as much as it protects the rights of individual citizens. A lot of your corporate ideology seems to come very close to nationalization of industries and companies... that's Unconstitutional as all hell, friend. Your platform is populist, but absolutely no less an affront to the spirit of what the FOunders envisioned for America than the crap we have in office now.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who decides if these laws are good and constitutional?
Let me guess, you?

I will have the best constitutional lawyers in my administration to help make these laws.

I will not be making any laws on my own. I will not be above the Laws of the land either.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Major problem: While I agree with abolishing Unconstitutional laws, I am seeing a LOT of Unconstitutional new laws in your proposal. The Constitution protects the integrity and rights of corporations and industry just as much as it protects the rights of individual citizens. A lot of your corporate ideology seems to come very close to nationalization of industries and companies... that's Unconstitutional as all hell, friend. Your platform is populist, but absolutely no less an affront to the spirit of what the FOunders envisioned for America than the crap we have in office now.

You asked a very good question. I am aware of many of these laws and most will have to be over turned.

Corporations are not people in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have a better idea. You can all come work for me... everyone in the U.S.

Instead of a paycheck, on day one I'm going to give you a debit card with no limit that you can use however you see fit. All you have to do is whatever the hell I tell you to for 3 days a week until the age of 50, then you can retire and keep your debit card.

How does that sound?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I question that the President of the United States, being part of the Executive Branch, has the power / Legal Authority to accomplish the majority of the items on the list.

The Congressional bodies in the Legislative Branch are the only ones able to "Create New Law".

The Presidents only leverage over Congress is Executive Orders, and veto power on Congressional Bills.

The Congress has the ability to over-ride The Presidents veto.

I think I've got that correct...

edit on 8-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
Corporations are not people in my opinion.

Per the Constitution, that's not your decision to make unless you are a Supreme Court Justice, though. I'm reading your platform and seeing you hug the Constitution with one hand while pie-facing it with the other... same as most politcians do today.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer

You absolutely do, and therein lies a huge self-replicating problem with the system. The next POTUS needs to do only one thing, IMO... know his role and perform it. The jackass in there right now has overstepped his role and has never been brought to heel. The preceding jackass overtsepped his role slightly less and was never borught to heel. The jackass from 1992 to 2000 overstepped his role less than current and preceding jackasses, but he still overstepped and wasn't brought to heel.

I'd like to simply see a president say "Hey, I work for you and I work within the BOUNDARIES set by our Constitution. Please don't ask me to change the world, because that's not in my job description."

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

I question that the President of the United States, being part of the Executive Branch, has the power / Legal Authority to accomplish the majority of the items on the list.

The Congressional bodies in the Legislative Branch are the only ones able to "Create New Law".

The Presidents only leverage over Congress is Executive Orders, and veto power on Congressional Bills.

The Congress has the ability to over-ride The Presidents veto.

You are correct and I would use the Executive Branch power to try and get this done. My opinion is many in Congress will be upset but I believe they will be the one's that are corrupt and not willing to play ball. It is my opinion that many Congress men and women are only in Congress to fill their bank accounts doing special favors for the globalist. This will have to end and I would demand a more transparency government for the people by the people.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So basically, you'll run for president and get rid of all the scary conspiracy theories you believe in.

Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I don't think you understand.

The Executive Branch does not have the Legal Authority to perform these tasks.

It doesn't matter how much demanding is done.

edit on 8-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Per the Constitution, that's not your decision to make unless you are a Supreme Court Justice, though. I'm reading your platform and seeing you hug the Constitution with one hand while pie-facing it with the other... same as most politcians do today.

Pie Facing, I don't think so.

It is a great challenge and I will be met with a lot of resistance. I am not doing this for any political gain. I will own no favors.
The United States is the Titanic and we are sinking fast. Something has to be done to turn America around. We cannot continue down the path we are on. it is a path of self destruction. I would be willing to risk everything to make America a proud nation.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: oletimer

So I assume you don't believe this can be done. If not then the United States will cease to exist under all the laws that Congress has handed over to the globalist. Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
I would be willing to risk everything to make America a proud nation.

I understand that, but the way to do it is to eliminate the Unconstitutional, period. If America would read the 10th Amendment and demand it be followed, 50% of this nation's failure would evaporate. To deal properly with all of your corporate issues, support traditional national protectionism. Enact tariffs, enact trade reform, eliminate global free trade, and support economic barriers to imported goods. These can all be done within the framework of the Constitution... nationalizing and/or outright shuttering of corporations that don't march alongside you cannot.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Not assuming anything.

It is spelled out in black and white.

The Executive Branch does not have the Legal Authority to perform the tasks.

Period.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I understand that, but the way to do it is to eliminate the Unconstitutional, period. If America would read the 10th Amendment and demand it be followed, 50% of this nation's failure would evaporate. To deal properly with all of your corporate issues, support traditional national protectionism. Enact tariffs, enact trade reform, eliminate global free trade, and support economic barriers to imported goods. These can all be done within the framework of the Constitution... nationalizing and/or outright shuttering of corporations that don't march alongside you cannot.

I agree with you. I would have to rewrite a new over sea's policies that is fair for everyone. I don't have all the answers to get everything done. However I would hand pick the best experts in their fields to work in my administration to help make all this possible.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'd vote for you but if voting made any difference...they wouldn't let us do it......Mark Twain

Somehow even before you begin a campaign you will need to get rid of the Corporate Oligarchy.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
What more do you people want?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Seriously. A guy posts about the good things he would do if president and gets slammed. What more can you want? I see now why Wrabbit left
edit on 8-8-2015 by Toolman18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
What more do you people want?

Would it be to much to ask for realistic approaches to problem solving.

Cats have kittens in the oven but that doesn't make them biscuits.......yeahright

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join