It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanist ask Christians to stop praying for us.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I found the article very interesting and here is why: National Satanic Temple Rep Jex Blackmore Says Satan Is Not Real.

So if he is not real then why use this allegedly fictitious name?

Why not call yourselves something else?

Why use a name that is known throughout the world as someone who is know to be evil to humankind, who stood up and rebelled against the one who created him, and who wants to be worshipped as a god?

Why use the name Satan when you well know that name will definitely draw attention to yourself and your group?

Why not call yourselves something that has nothing to do with any religion? Or is it possible those behind this sect have a secret that they will not share with its followers?

So if Satan is not real why build a statue so that they can worship it? This figure is their god. As in the interview she states they made the visitors sign a petition that each one would wilfully sell their soul to Satan before being told where it is located at? Sounds like a child's game or some new playstation games. All other religions have statues, paintings, books that deal with their beliefs - each one believing their deity is a god and very REAL but here these Satanist say he is not real but lets build a statue and make our own bible anyway.

I actually find it amusing that grown people can be so easily misled. Either he is real or not and if not, why waste your time with something that is not real? The ONLY alleged religion that says their god is not real. Ms. Blackmore's weak attempt to convince the public that Satan is fake is not working. A trap that can be easily discerned.

Jex Blackmore, the national spokesperson for the Satanic Temple, which claims to have made up to 700 people sign over their souls to Satan at an event in Detroit, Michigan — billed the "largest public satanic ceremony in history" where a one-ton bronze statue of a goat-headed Baphomet was unveiled last Saturday — said Tuesday that the devil isn't real and advised Christians, "Don't waste your prayers on us."

Blackmore made the declaration during a Reddit AMA session Tuesday night during which she fielded a number of questions about the organization and its work.

When asked why attendees at the Saturday event were asked to sign a contract stipulating that they were selling their souls to the devil and if anyone rejected the idea, Blackmore said it was part of security protocol.

"The contract was my idea. As far as I know, nobody left. We had a decoy location that ticket holders had to first visit before receiving the secondary location, which was one of four intersections surrounding the venue.

"Attendees then had to find a 'psychopomp' wearing a red scarf and recite the passphrase 'as above,' and wait for the response 'so below.' They were then led by foot to the actual venue," explained Blackmore, who revealed she became a satanist after spending time in the Christian church.

"I became a satanist after my experience within the church, learning that what's natural was often condoned as 'sinful' or 'satanic.' I got involved with the temple after interviewing Lucien (Greaves) about the temple right after they announced the formation of the organization," said Blackmore who added that "approximately 666-700 souls were sold to the devil" at Saturday's event.

Blackmore warned, however, that Christians should stop praying for her and her group because she is not in league with the devil, as the biblical Satan does not exist.

"To those Christians whose minds are enslaved by biblical mythology we say: Don't waste your prayers on us," she noted.

For her, satanism is a celebration of individual freedom and knowledge, and does not refer to any kind of superstitious beliefs.

"I cannot speak for all satanists. There are many different understandings of satanism and satanic philosophy. That being said, satanism stands for individual sovereignty in the face of tyranny, and the pursuit of knowledge even when that knowledge is dangerous. We believe in the power of individual will, not the collective consciousness of the mindless masses," she said.

When asked if her organization would ever change the name of the group to avoid preconceived notions about what the organization is about, she declined.

"We have no interest in changing who we are to comfort the superstitious. We are satanists, therefore we belong to a satanic organization," asserted Blackmore.

"The Satanic Temple is a non-theistic religious organization dedicated to satanic practice and the promotion of satanic rights. We understand the satanic figure as a symbol of man's inherent nature, representative of the eternal rebel, enlightened inquiry and personal freedom rather than a supernatural deity or being," she added.

LINK

If you visit the link you will see a youtube video of their religious service worshiping Satan.

edit on 8-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I found the article very interesting and here is why: National Satanic Temple Rep Jex Blackmore Says Satan Is Not Real.

We understand the satanic figure as a symbol of man's inherent nature, representative of the eternal rebel, enlightened inquiry and personal freedom rather than a supernatural deity or being,"

Your quoted article already answered your question. You don't have to believe them, but that is there answer.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

We understand the satanic figure as a symbol of man's inherent nature, representative of the eternal rebel, enlightened inquiry and personal freedom rather than a supernatural deity or being,"

Your quoted article already answered your question. You don't have to believe them, but that is there answer.

Then she contradicts herself because they are seen worshipping this symbol (statue). They are worshipping a supernatural being because that is what the world knows him (Satan) to be. And dedicating themselves to the statue by signing a petition to "sell your soul" has nothing to do with a symbol but as a sign of worship and dedication.

edit on 8-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Would you believe them? Still waiting for the atheists around here to start worshiping a part of the Abrahamic faith as a "symbol of free will".

Maybe they will start worshiping King Solomon for his wisdom and eventual fall? After all... he had a great harem? Laveyism is the cheapest trick ever pulled. The funny part is that the slight of hand is so bad it's obvious, yet people still fall for it. Oh well. Lets just worship entities we don't actually believe in! Because that happens so genuinely.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

All religion misleads people.
Why does it bother you anyhow? they are free to do what they want under freedom of religion. Are they doing it in schools or attempting to put it into government? No then leave them be. If they do try it fight away.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why does it bother you anyhow? they are free to do what they want under freedom of religion. Are they doing it in schools or attempting to put it into government? No then leave them be. If they do try it fight away.

Why does Christianity bother you, but not it's judaeo-christian counterpart?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Seems you are selective with statements from her that you believe.

I can pretty much filter out parts that it look like she is poking fun as well. 666-700 that is pretty cliche.

Like I said you don't have to believe them. I know you are asking questions, but I get the feeling you don't really want the answers.

No worries, someone else will post in your thread.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

You make a good point however I believe everyone can change their mind and beliefs.

One reason (not the main reason) why I like my belief? If I am wrong about believing in Yahweh and his son than nothing happens to me..... right? You're right and I am wrong. You won the bet so lets go get drunk together and laugh it off.

BUT if I am right? If God does exist and you refused to believe and worship him? No beer and laughing for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

They all bother me when they attempt to like I said get into government and schools and science classes.
Christianity does attempt this often not seen satanists do it yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You are a HYPOCRITE. You are all over this site bashing Christians, then claiming you are fine with them as long as they don't interfere with your daily life. Yet a group erects a statue of Satan in the name of another judeo-christian "mythos" and you are suddenly all for freedom of religion.

edit on 8-8-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Would you believe them? Still waiting for the atheists around here to start worshiping a part of the Abrahamic faith as a "symbol of free will".

Just because you guys claim it represents free will doesn't make it so.

I made my case in detail other threads about the false free will they offer. That subject has been done plenty.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Read my last reply.
Oh and I don't bash christians because they are people just the religion they follow and If I do bash them it is because they are attempting to change science and want a Christian run country.
I will fight any religion that attempts to do this but more christians on ATS and it is the most talked about.

edit on 8-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Just because you guys claim it represents free will doesn't make it so.

I made my case in detail other threads about the false free will they offer. That subject has been done plenty.

Did I say it did?

I'm not a laveyist, nor have I ever been. Anton Lavey was a sham (a really effective sham, but a sham). He turned the whole thing into a joke. So lets laugh at our double standards, shall we?

Something tells me most of you aren't capable of seeing them.

edit on 8-8-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Read my last reply.
Oh and I don't bash christians because they are people just the religion they follow and If I do bash them it is because they are attempting to change science and want a Christian run country.
I will fight any religion that attempts to do this but more christians on ATS and it is the most talked about.

oh yeah... That theocracy you keep claiming that Christians want when Christians keep telling you they don't want one on this very site. But hey, it's cool. Let's erect statues of Satan because you can totally trust those people. Just a bunch of goths with authority issues right?

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I think they are hilarious and as far as the statue goes it is on private property and I haven't complained about that with any religion so no double standard there.

Did they get the OK to put it up where the ten commandments used to be at the court house? If not then I don't see a problem.

edit on 8-8-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

For sure. It's not like powerful people in high places might have a vested interest in hiding their true allegiances or anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Yeah but it isn't a religion If anything it is an anti religious point they are attempting to show people.
If the statue was on school propety or government propety I would be calling for it's removal but it isn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

So they hate Jesus as much as you do, therefore it's A-ok. Sound logic.

link   
Oh and If anyone prayed for me I would also ask them to stop and get off their arse and actually do something useful.

link   

Even with your picture I don't see your point.

Are you simply complaining that there are statues of things you don't like?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join