It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanist ask Christians to stop praying for us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
To be fair Grimpachi, I've never actually had this debate with anyone on this site. But yes, I must be honest: I was totally baiting him.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: NthOther

You can but why not use your wasted time praying to actually do something positive.
Prove to me praying helps the people you pray for and I will change my mind.
Praying has never given anyone a full belly.

There is scientific evidence to back up the notion that people who pray have longer lives. There is nothing miraculous like you are looking for. But the evidence for human consciousness reaching out much further and having a far greater effect on the natural world than previously thought is right there at your finger tips.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You can but why not use your wasted time praying to actually do something positive.

Multitasking. One can do both at the same time, nothing wasted.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Bugger lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Bugger lol.

I love you too

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Why use the name Satan when you well know that name will definitely draw attention to yourself and your group?

There you have it...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I actually find it amusing that grown people can be so easily misled.

Do you? A bit of arrogance, DS? How becoming. From my perspective, you have been wildly misled(as was I), and I find no humor in it whatsoever.

Blackmore warned, however, that Christians should stop praying for her and her group because she is not in league with the devil, as the biblical Satan does not exist.

For her, satanism is a celebration of individual freedom and knowledge, and does not refer to any kind of superstitious beliefs.

This is the crux, and your questions answered. To these people, Satan exists as an ideal. Satan represents everything religion is not. It is the antithesis of the Abrahamic ideologies. Instead of freedom of religion. It is freedom from religion. They use Satan to represent them because his essence embodies the core of their beliefs. In the same way people look to other symbols that represent an ideology(such as the cross). In the original thread on this, I felt they were disingenuous, but after reading this, I see where they're coming from. (Thank you BH, for pointing it out, even though I didn't see it at the time.)

Ms. Blackmore's weak attempt to convince the public that Satan is fake is not working. A trap that can be easily discerned.

You're coming from a biblical perspective. The only perspective you're allowed to "think" from. So is it any surprise you would see it this way? I may have to look into this sect of Satanism myself.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: boymonkey74

"Dear Heavenly Father...

I pray to you in the holy name of Jesus Christ in order to lift up boymonkey74 to your mighty presence. May your will be done in his life, and may he quit being such a double sided #.

Amen."

AMEN

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Very good point

Also tests have been conducted: (Get off your own butt and look - all over the internet.)

20 people with the same sickness split into two groups - one group receives the medication and conduct prayers while the other group simply takes the medication - end result - the group that prayed healed quicker and suffered less.

But more importantly is communication ongoing with this thread from both sides.

Excellent

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Anyone who expects an immediate response from prayer every time they pray - is foolish to even think that.

Read the book of Daniel.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No prayers, no interventions.
They don't have to worry about me wasting my time.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Do you? A bit of arrogance, DS? How becoming. From my perspective, you have been wildly misled(as was I), and I find no humor in it whatsoever.

Well maybe you are right.....maybe I am arrogant like most of everyone on this planet but I have not been misled like others who place their faith in movies like Zeitgeist (full of lies), and famous atheist like Christopher Hitchens. Once someone learns how to debate, both sides can make themselves look like they have the solution BUT actually one side is right while the other side is wrong and I think my side is correct and you think it is wrong.

Most people can take any statement and twist it to show a different outcome. This is how lawyers make a living. You can do the same with religion with one LARGE difference.... there are those who have been shown and there are others that have not been shown.

Have you met Jesus? Of course the answer is NO because if you had you would be thinking like me.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Sorry MR, but I pray for all living consciousness, souls/spirits/entities, in existence, for all to wake up, turn the dial up on their love, and start to progress forward to go home as hero's.

And I have free will, so you can't tell me how to think or how to pray. Your choices are insanity ones. Higher Ups still love you, but denounce and renounce any harm you do to others, yet still intercede for you. But they don't let you stamp your little 2 year old feet, I want, I decide, I know what's best for me, and then kiss you on the head tenderly and say, thats right dear, and then let their family member go play in traffic.

Instead, this is a long journey for some, some may go home in a few tries, some may take a kazillion tries, but there's always a team behind the scenes and those on earth awake enough to intercede for all, and you'll go home as a hero in the end as well. Everyone does. When they're finally sane again.
edit on 8-8-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
By the powers of Satan, i condemn whoever reads this post to hell for all eternity!!

edit on 8-8-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Let me tell you a true story:

Years ago a Satanist lived in the other half of our duplex.
He had an alter to Satan set up in a bedroom that
was attached to our child's bedroom. I saw the alter.
I know for absolute certainty he was a Satanist.

As a Christian, what did I do?

I prayed.

This was my daily prayer:
.....Please bind the hands of Satan so that anything
(the neighbor) asks for Satan to give him,
that Satan will not be able to
give it to him.......

My neighbor had pictures of his bosses and
people he worked with on his alter. I can't
imagine it was for anything but either his
own personal gain or for harm to come to them.
The people who worked for him told me he
was terrible to those under him and liked by
those above him.

So quite sadly I suppose: I did not pray
for his conversion. I prayed that Satan would
not be allowed to give him anything he asked
for.
Surprisingly, his wife left him, his dog died,
and his superiors finally saw him for who he was.
Did my prayers work? Don't know.

All I can tell you is I was probably a bad Christian
for not praying for his conversion, rather that
the hands of Satan be bound and not able to
give him anything he asked of Satan.

p.s. I didn't read any of the other posts, just wanted to tell my true story after reading the OP
There are lots more stories I could tell you of my encounters with him and the spiritual darkness that surrounded the duplex and our time living there, but that is for another thread.

edit on 10Sat, 08 Aug 2015 10:59:54 -0500am80808amk086 by grandmakdw because: addition ps

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Have you met Jesus? Of course the answer is NO because if you had you would

be thinking like me.

Oh the times I made similar statements to those whose souls I was trying to lead to Christ. Thank you for the reminder of just how arrogant I really was. The worst part for me is not those who rejected my witness, but those who accepted it. To those who were just fine before I lured them into Christianity. I am truly repentant that I led them astray. But it is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wow, there is some interesting dialogue so far.

All I can say is: Jerry! Jerry!

No religion or belief is above contradiction or scrutiny-even the Jedi. I should know because I put Jedi on my census form.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ah taoism.
The force is based off it.
Yeah I put that also lol.
edit on 8-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
By the powers of Satan, i condemn whoever reads this post to hell for all eternity!!

LOL,

To hell with the Devil.

The devil’s futile efforts will be thwarted, just don't end up going down with it. The same lies from the father of lies are still being used today.

The First Lie In The Garden of Eden: Denying and twisting God's word - Satan took what God said and twisted it into something it didn’t mean. And he does the same thing today. He distorts God’s Word and twists it into saying something it doesn’t mean "You will not surely die""There is no way in this world that you will die." "Sin won’t hurt you." He was denying the Word of God, and Satan still does the exact same thing today. "God doesn’t have your best interests in mind." "God doesn’t really care about you. He is keeping something good from you.

The Second Lie In The Garden of Eden: You Shall Be As Gods - Satan told Eve that she could become as God "You will not surely die". Satan in his rebellious pride covets God's position of authority. Man can be like God! LOL

Satanists, Trans humanist still promote these exact same lies told to man in the Garden of Eden.

How funny is that? After all this time people still buy into these first lies.
edit on 8-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Have you met Jesus? Of course the answer is NO because if you had you would

be thinking like me.

Oh the times I made similar statements to those whose souls I was trying to lead to Christ. Thank you for the reminder of just how arrogant I really was. The worst part for me is not those who rejected my witness, but those who accepted it. To those who were just fine before I lured them into Christianity. I am truly repentant that I led them astray. But it is something I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

So I am guessing you never met Jesus IN PERSON? He never spoke directly to you..... FACE TO FACE?

Anyone who made similar statements like the one above.....means they actually met him...... not in their heart but in person because when you do (and I hope you do) it will change your life and then you will be on ATS preaching to us sinners!

How many on this planet have met him? Well that is hard to say.... but many have of all religions and everyone has turned to him as their King, Saviour and God. (Trinity)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join