It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A group of African Christians discuss homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't know where to post this or if I am breaking the T&C by posting this ,I am not attempting to circumvent the content regulations here.I am aware that the video I am about to post has foul language and descriptions of acts that are obnoxious. So I write this as a disclaimer and a plea to the Mods that I am not looking for trouble I just wanted to discuss this.

So in the wake of equal marriage laws passing,and Obama supporting gay rights in Africa,I came across this video. it honestly made me laugh but also realize that America and our Christian values are tied tightly to the repression and hatred of minority groups(akin to nazism)Notice in the video the American flag on the wall while hate speech is spouted by African people none the less. I wish our flag was flown near civil rights movements and inspiring events of humanity, and perhaps it is,but so often it is demonized we are a nation of dr.jeckal and mr Hyde . Who is right? Who is wrong?

All that I know is that the side that believes in equality and liberty that side is the right side regardless of political leanings or religious beliefs that is my opinion.

Here is the video watch at your own risk

Please don't think I am somehow anti American because I am not infact if you have seen my posts I stand firmly on Americas side I am patriotic however I realize some of our views social mores are sick and need to change. We are not the worst I just hate being linked to crap like this ..
edit on 4-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Wow - there we have it folks - the dissemination of propaganda by people in power. So you will have a group of people go home after hearing that lecture by the church officials thinking all homosexual behavior is nothing but relentless poo-poo eating and a whole lot of fisting!!!!

How utterly ignorant.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes indeed

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The reason the US is linked to things like this is because you have preachers traveling to these countries to spread homophobic propaganda to these communities. You have "Christian" extremists who actively engage in encouraging violence and murder in these countries under the banner of "Christianity".

Several laws in these countries were actually supported by "research" (propaganda) delivered by American preachers, so-called research which was entirely manufactured to persuade these governments to persecute entire groups of citizens.

The way these "Christians" think is if they can't force their fascism on the people of their own country, they'll do it to the people of other countries.

It's also why American Scott Lively is being sued for Crimes Against Humanity.

I'm sorry to say it, but although obviously your country as a whole is not responsible for these cretins doing what they do, your country has also done absolutely nothing about them. In fact, there are large groups of Christian extremists within your own country attempting to inflict the same kind of ignorance and bigotry, and without being confronted it allows them to use these as examples for other nations to follow.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
saw this video ages ago, so many lols.

seriously concerning for the poor people who have to live under this persecution though!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Thanks for posting. Someone has taught this to the presenter, that this is true. i feel they were taken advantage of and then they go on to take advantage, intellectually, of others. However, this is not the first time I have heard homosexuality described this way, maybe not in such great detail, but you will find this on US Christian extremist websites as if it were true.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yea, I agree. If it were up to me religion would be outright banned, but perhaps you can't even do that because that is extreme I don't know the answer I really don't but all of these type of threads have a very basic question at there roots. And that is, is peace amongst all humanity possible? Can we have peace on earth? With such hatred spewed it leads to extreme laws but extreme laws lead to the suppression of the people which in turn leads to more extreme views. This machine seems never ending and more relentless then the poo poo eating homosexuals these African Christians "researched"----whatever that means.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are correct, when I watch this interaction and I see the faces on all these people and how zealous this speaker is, it seems almost staged, unfortunately it's not. I think fundamentalist in America taught these guys this crap. This is like you said of American Christianity non sense. I'm not painting all Christians , I am however saying how can we have peace with views and hatred like this spewed everywhere. ? This speech is orchestrated to raise disgust for a minority group, does the speaker know he's exaggerating that he is describing the most obscene act he can,to shock and coax contempt and hatred and disgust. Why these people are so interested in the sexual acts of others is also disgusting as well regardless, I'm at a loss over this.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Actually..

That man has the support of various US evangelical churches and the infamous C Street group.

content.time.com...
www.npr.org...

He's one of the most dangerous people in Uganda for many reasons. He doesn't support condoms for HIV prevention among other things and effectively would support execution of any and all non traditional sexuality.

Disgusting individual.

~Tenth
edit on 8/4/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yes I could tell, thanks for the links.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Rachel Maddow has done pretty extensive research into the whole thing, but I can't really stand to hear her talk for long periods of time anymore.

But there's some good info in there. Can't seem to find the full video though.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
American Pastor Who Helped Uganda Create ‘Kill The Gays’ Law Will Be Tried For Crimes Against Humanity

Most of us go our entire lives without ever standing trial for crimes against humanity. Then again, most of us aren’t notorious bigot Pastor Scott Lively, whose life work seems to be to ask the question: “How can I make gay people miserable across the world?”

In the United States Lively’s homophobic messages are largely ignored, and in recent years he has had to endure various setbacks at the state and federal level as equality makes historic gains. Undeterred, Lively has sought out foreign lands where his particular brand of ruthless anti-gay ideas are more accepted. In Uganda, he found a home away from home. During a Christian “workshop” in the African nation he managed to become one of the principal architects behind some of the most retrograde anti-gay legislation on the planet.

Sou rce

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Wow, just wow this # is un#believable. Can't star you and tenth enough thanks for the info. Having trouble with your bigotry on wards to greener grass. What a sentiment

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wow. Just...smh.

What they're describing is practiced by an extreme minority of humans, both hetero and gay. Though I'm not surprised it has been blown way out of proportion by the American and African fundies. Who is more disgusting? Those who propagate lies, hatred, and murder in the name of their god? Or those harming no one else in the privacy of their own bedroom?

Lets not forget, stoning and burning people to death is practiced by Christians in Africa. An Evangelical zealots wet dream. Again I ask. Who is more disgusting?

edit on 8/4/2015 by Klassified because: add text

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Clearly the idiots who are so concerned about someone's sex life as to describe the acts in an almost parody type Austin powers way are the sicko's. It's just shock used to justify the extreme policy's of this group. It's disgusting you are correct.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
And now we know why Prop 8 passed in Caifornia ... the same people who voted for Obama also voted for it.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have heard and seen video's of such and the end result of what Scott Lively and other did like him. What they managed to do was help mold a state, from being potentially one that would be tolerant and just to that of terror all in the name of religion.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Lets not forget, stoning and burning people to death is practiced by Christians in Africa. An Evangelical zealots wet dream. Again I ask. Who is more disgusting?

Its their wet dream is it, to kill people, choice set of words.
You are sensationalists and divisive, hate mongering.

Why not elaborate further and tell us how evangelicals should be hung and then torched .

I cant believe how you can respond to the crazy radicals in the OP by acting like a crazy radical.

Ther people in the OP are not the only insane ones in this thread

More disgusting, mirror for you

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
I have heard and seen video's of such and the end result of what Scott Lively and other did like him. What they managed to do was help mold a state, from being potentially one that would be tolerant and just to that of terror all in the name of religion.

Yeah I saw a similar thing under Stalin, Mao, Kim and Pol Pot.
It was based on atheism.
Hundreds of MILLIONS dead but hey, religion is evil

One daythe good ol US of A will be a dictatorship and it will be your turn.

Why, because of the intolerant people like those in the video and the opponents in this thread. Many here are no better than the ones in the video.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Its their wet dream is it, to kill people, choice set of words. You are sensationalists and divisive, hate mongering.

Note I said evangelical zealot. Does that include you? If it does not, then why are you offended? I wasn't talking about you.

Why not elaborate further and tell us how evangelicals should be hung and then torched.

Show me in my post where I alluded to any such thing.

Why, because of the intolerant people like those in the video and the opponents in this thread. Many here are no better than the ones in the video.

When Christians in Western Civilization are running for their lives, because there is a radical anti-theist group proclaiming open season on their heads, then and only then can you claim such ridiculousness. No one I know would ever do to Christians, what radical Christians have done to gays and others.

edit on 8/4/2015 by Klassified because: eta

edit on 8/4/2015 by Klassified because: edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join