It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200+ Free Documentaries To Expand Your Consciousness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mechanicx32

Unfortunately the list has been around awhile and many of these have been deleted I am sure, sorry. I will try to find another version for you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mechanicx32

take your pick

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Ahh thank You very much friend.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

You are welcome...not sure if you know this but if you ever want to do a search you can highlight specific words and right click, there will be an option to search with a search engine of your choice, then you can go to the option for videos on the search page and it will bring up many videos. Not sure how it works in Poland though or what browser restrictions you might have.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Watched a few and non are consciousness expanding in a positive sense.

I Actually have quite a few saved or downloaded, yes initially they seem like they are expanding your conscious being on how things are,

eventually you see the world for what it really is through experience not media of any kind.

Nothing presented through any form of media or text will expand your consciousness with having personally experienced things.

Dont get me wrong, they are must watch for conspiracy minded people, however many conspiracy minded people switch off or are manipulated by what they see and think they know something because they watched a documentary.

Its entertainment that should lead one into real research on the topics they find concerning, yet ATS shows a clear picture that many, more than most feel that they have researched something simply by watching a YouTube video.

Especially when they parrot things heard on fringe sites or in videos of exposing conspiracies that might look and sound like they make sense to a switched off mind but in the real world it exposes the ignorance towards certain subjects and concepts.

There is more than one way to raise your consciousness

NO not really,

Only experience will truly expand or raise ones consciousness,

hearing and reading of others experiences gives one an idea from another s perspective, however it does little to raise your own consciousness on the actual subject or experience you hear, read or watch about.
edit on 2-8-2015 by InhaleExhale because: grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Geez, I can't believe that I actually agree with you for once..............I think I'm going to have to re-evaluate my entire life philosophy...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So your option is to come in here and bad mouth me, I see...certainly you are full of something, not consciousness, but something entirely different, so perhaps you are in need of something to clear that hatred from your brain...
Maybe this will help.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Wow you 2 sure know how to troll a OP. Congrats.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

thx.

mucho appreciado.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Graham Hancock, Exploring Consciousness

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So your option is to come in here and bad mouth me

Pardon me,

Where in my post did I mention you?

Could you please point that out because I have no clue what you are on about saying this?

I see...certainly you are full of something, not consciousness, but something entirely different

Well if you say so, so far with your reply you are making so much sense, I guess you must be in the know.

Like I said, I have watched many, I actually watched this video a while back if its the one I am thinking of.

Is there anything in the video about Dupont and the cotton industry and how that lead to Cannabis being demonized?

If not it might be another I am thinking of but just from image the video displays with Shirley MacLaine it does ring a bell.

Maybe like I have you should lay off on certain things and it might allow you see things in a new light, or not.

However I really would like you to enlighten me with what and how I bad mouthed you in my post?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Are you serious or do you have a reading impediment?

You are a classic example of the ignorance that plagues ATS,

a differing opinion no matter how slight and you are a troll or a shill.

Grow up.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

200 videos there and I am sure many of them are full of information, some true some speculation but that does not mean you can not gain knowledge from them...quit trolling me and either watch them or don't your choice...

Perfectly timed warning. My initial and overall reaction as well. Folks are gonna have to learn to discern, but at least there’s a lot to feed on and “get your motor running” to “head out on the HIGHway…” 😉
Well said Scoots. The Zeitgeist movement to me is the perfect example – techno-utopia – no thanks. Smells strongly of new age programming…but tons of good info in their videos. The most important aspect is that folks have to keep progressing, searching, and finding that inner sense of truth. It can only be learned on an individual level – not taught – only facilitated. But really no one needs to do anything for the true seeker, they’ll find it – but scattering food where there was none before is a good thing. Cheers bro.

edit on 2-8-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It was implied by the very fact you decided to provide your insight into how basically this is useless information. I wrote the OP and you attacked.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

200 videos there and I am sure many of them are full of information, some true some speculation but that does not mean you can not gain knowledge from them...quit trolling me and either watch them or don't your choice...

Maybe you should read my post again,

I said that you can also but that isn't really raising your consciousness without further exposure and a more personal experience.

Only real life experience will raise your consciousness, watching videos is only small fraction of the beginning of doing so.

If that is trolling you, then you really need to take break from watching videos, being on the internet and watching TV.

Get outside and breathe some fresh air,

The only person acting like they live under a bridge is you sir/madam.

Sorry to have expanded your thread

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It was implied by the very fact you decided to provide your insight into how basically this is useless information. I wrote the OP and you attacked.

again reading is your friend

or do you have trouble understanding what I said?

If it was useless I wouldn't have numerous videos in the list saved on my computer.

I am really not sure what you are reading when you are replying to me.

Now please show me where I attacked anything or bad mouthed you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Wow, I don't think I've ever been called a troll on here before.

The other member has implied many of the videos you have listed are liked by him, but has also said that is not the whole picture or even the way to consciousness. Your personal experience is crucial.

As for me and what I'm saying, let me demonstrate.

When you read our posts did you feel any emotion/reaction? Your ego would have felt it was being attacked, it then went into reaction mode, a low grade fight or flight response that is unhealthy. However, the "core" of you was never in danger. Your ego just perceived a threat to its identity.

The ego is all about attachments, some are material, most are thoughts. Whenever any of these are threatened it goes into ego defence mechanism mode - I'm sure you have heard this before. However it is a waste of time to defend attachments which are fleeting and illusory.

This was the core teaching of many prophets, religions, but the message was buried other teachings intended to just control.

Not to recognize your ego in operation is thus unconsciousness, and this will exist no matter how many thousands of videos you watch. That is my point my friend,

Namaste
edit on 2-8-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

First time for everything I suppose, why do you insist on making this about ego? You took a simple list and denigrated it without any provocation what so ever. Why can't you just take it for what it was? A simple list of 200 documentaries, watch them or don't, now I could offer the definition of denigrate , but I won't waste any more of my time.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

First time for everything I suppose, why do you insist on making this about ego? You took a simple list and denigrated it without any provocation what so ever. Why can't you just take it for what it was? A simple list of 200 documentaries, watch them or don't, now I could offer the definition of denigrate , but I won't waste any more of my time.

Not insisting anything brother.

Many agree that ego and consciousness are inextricably linked:

From Deepak Chopra:

Ego is consciousness that is not self-aware.

Ego and consciousness

Or another take:

In another kind of light, you can look at ego as the lower self, containing all the base instincts of the human being. It wants to be fed, clothed, loved, to be warm, and to feel secure. The ego on its own feels alone and cut off from the rest of the universe. It is always seeking to connect with something or someone to justify its existence within physical reality, because physical reality is the only reality it knows.

Consciousness is the part of you that existed before you were born. It is the self that chose to experience physical reality and came into the physical reality through the birth process. Consciousness knows no limits or boundaries. It just is, now and forever. It's main thrust, if you will, is to experience things, any things. Right now that experience is physically based. When you are dreaming the experience is dream based, or nonphysically based. After death that experience will also be nonphysically based, but in another reality, a reality that is not physical and requires no ego to safeguard its presence.

Ego and Consciousness

Eckhart Tolle on Ego and Consciousness, watch from about 2 mins 30 secs in:

Alan Watts on Consciousness and Ego:

edit on 2-8-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: reorganize

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join