It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel Tunnel: '2,000 migrants' tried to enter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In a way we are victims of own success. I don't think we are a soft touch, but from what I could tell listening to some radio reports, people come here because we have Work and are not seen as a racist country by many of the migrants. We are a tolerant nation and are much more stable than a lot of countries in Europe. These are good things, but also attract migrants who want to live here in relative safety. I don't know what the solution is. It's obviously not just as simple as deploying the army, but maybe that could be a short term thing we could do, it's not going to stop the biggest movement of migrants since the Second World War.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
The irony of being criticised for my countries migrant policy (or my own views) by an Australian is not lost on me. A country that sticks all illegal migrants in concentration camps for years, with no hope of ever getting into a country that is the most sparsely populated on the planet.

Maybe the Aussies don't want millions of Muslims pouring into their country Stu, thousands of IS among them. Maybe they don't want Bosnia V.2 in a generations time. Maybe the Aussies have got it right?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Im fed up of my local motorway (M20) being on lock down due to these vermin.

I rest my case.

smdh

Rest it.

Criminals that put me at risk are vermin. I make no apologies on my wording.

Nope, I won't "rest it".
You are describing the non-violent "crime" of wanting a better life as justification for your categorizing them as vermin, thereby dehumanizing them.

Sorry if calling you out on it makes you uncomfortable, but that's exactly what you're doing and you damn well know it, you deserve to be called out on it and I will continue to call out anyone I see trying to categorize Humans as such.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Rest it.

Oh, and by the way, lets not forget that you are the product of that same "vermin" coming to these islands over thousands of years.

You are the direct descendant of immigrants to these lands, you are no better than anyone else, the only difference is you had the privileged to be born in a country where you have a life, security and a future, and you now use that privilege to claim that you are more "deserving" than other Humans.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Thanks for that. Just trying to understand where you are coming from as i really do like to try and look at something from both points of view.

In this case.....i so so so disagree with you. I know you passionately hate tony abbott. Seen that in many posts. But if he did not stop those boats we were headed for big trouble. We simply dont have the infrastructure to support the amount of illegals that were arriving, nor 20 million more. The major cities are in gridlock. I have been at the same hospital now for over 12 years and we are really struggling to cope with the population explosion in the last 10 years.

I dont share your views on illegal immigrants. I work with many african and middle eastern health workers. Ask them their opinion. They will tell you that the majority are simply coming here for our generous welfare and housing, I am among the "silent" majority who clap and cheer tony abbott and his tough stand on stopping the boats.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

And how is that solved by swamping another country with it's own problems? Why not stay at home, with the money they spent trying to get here and improving life there, instead of importing their problems here?

This is what boggles the mind. Why don't they organize and figure out a way to improve things. Is it because they don't know how? If they don't, they could ask for help in sorting it out and yet they don't. We could send them many textbooks on the subject. But I worry about them having sinister motives when flooding countries like this.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Maybe the Aussies don't want millions of Muslims pouring into their country Stu, thousands of IS among them. Maybe they don't want Bosnia V.2 in a generations time. Maybe the Aussies have got it right?

I never said they didn't! I was just pointing out the irony of being criticised for wanting this situation sorting out by an Aussie, who's own country is infamous for it's treatment of migrants.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Im fed up of my local motorway (M20) being on lock down due to these vermin.

I rest my case.

smdh

Rest it.

Nope, I won't "rest it".
You are describing the non-violent "crime" of wanting a better life as justification for your categorizing them as vermin, thereby dehumanizing them.

Sorry if calling you out on it makes you uncomfortable, but that's exactly what you're doing and you damn well know it, you deserve to be called out on it and I will continue to call out anyone I see trying to categorize Humans as such.

Call me out fine it does not make be uncomfortable. I will proudly stand by my stance. I will say it AGAIN people who break the law to illegally immigrate are VERMIN.

And not entirely victimless and non violent. People are being put in harm way now. Trains and the passengers on them are at risk! And then there is the indirect risk of people not being health or criminally checked!

They want a better life? Fine. But they can LEGALLY go through the correct channels to do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I never said they didn't! I was just pointing out the irony of being criticised for wanting this situation sorting out by an Aussie, who's own country is infamous for it's treatment of migrants.

Getcha
Yes what a cheek for an Aussie to criticise us when they exterminated a continent of Aborigines. They do seem to have it right on not letting an endless flow of muslims in though.

I just don't get what the bonus factor for me personally of having our country letting in an endless stream of Muslims. In the long run it's going to be bad news Bosnia style. I also grew up in a Christian country that felt united. Why can't we keep it that way?

There should be a system where we take the Christians (on merit of course) and Morocco/Libya/Tunisia/Egypt take the Islamics.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegoatboy
desperate people trying to find somewhere to live.

has to be pretty terrible if you are willing to risk jumping on a 90 mph moving train.

I feel sorry for them.

Its what the Media seem ti be aiming for...

us to feel sorry for them.

Most aren't even fleeing wars... they just want a comfortable life living in a council house with their 8 kids in tow.

Most have enough cash to afford to pay some smugglers, so they can't be in such a bad situation.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I do hope they send some Army Personnel to calais tbh. Sort this mess out and don't let qanymore through. They can either stay in France or go back to the Country they came from unless they are truly from a Country which is at War!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Something i have observed, but correct me if i am wrong.

The news pictures i have seen of these immigrants trying to get into Britain, are all men. There are no women or children from what i have seen.
These men all seem to be off a certain age group. Mainly youngish.

What if anything should that tell us?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If people want to come here to work then right on! that list of countries on the first page the majority our country has been backing wars with for years . loss of civilian life so its no wonder they want to get as far away as possible. Its such a sad state of affairs when people don't want to share, this is 'our' planet and i really wish we would do as we was taught as kids .I.E sharing.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Something i have observed, but correct me if i am wrong.

The news pictures i have seen of these immigrants trying to get into Britain, are all men. There are no women or children from what i have seen.
These men all seem to be off a certain age group. Mainly youngish.

What if anything should that tell us?

Indeed, many of them are although there are a few women and children present amongst them by all accounts (although I am yet to see any images of them, just anecdotal evidence)

And yes, many are young, 20-something males. All looking for work, not fleeing persecution. From interviews some have given the BBC, it seems many are under the impression they will get a house and are guaranteed a job when they arrive.

Here are some quotes from the BBC -

"I heard good news about England. They give you a house and some money to spend and live. And then they give them the opportunity to study, to have a good life."

"In England I can get a house very quickly. England is a very good place to have a good life."

"I speak the language and I respect the education system in England. It's a civilised country."

Sums it up really.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dingdongdoodah

We've been fighting wars with Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Eritrea, Nigeria and Ethiopia?

Give over with the fluffy, left-wing nonsense. These aren't refugees, they are economic migrants looking for the "good life". We can't just open our doors and invite everyone in to "share"!

I assume you're going to be first in the queue to share all you have with some of these people ?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah
If people want to come here to work then right on! that list of countries on the first page the majority our country has been backing wars with for years . loss of civilian life so its no wonder they want to get as far away as possible. Its such a sad state of affairs when people don't want to share, this is 'our' planet and i really wish we would do as we was taught as kids .I.E sharing.

Then open your house and give them all your money.

I don't know if you have noticed but the UK has a housing crisis.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dingdongdoodah

Well, I for one hooked ya up with a star for that post and I wish I could give you a lot more.

It's so true! People whinging about the immigration issue remind me exactly of a crying little kid, saying "no that's my toy, you can't play with it". lol, it sounds stupid, but it's so true.
edit on 29-7-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Stars are free.

Immigration isn't.

Who pays for it?

Someone has to fund the hospitals, schools, new roads ect.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

We've been fighting wars with Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Eritrea, Nigeria and Ethiopia?

Give over with the fluffy, left-wing nonsense. These aren't refugees, they are economic migrants looking for the "good life". We can't just open our doors and invite everyone in to "share"!

I assume you're going to be first in the queue to share all you have with some of these people ?

haha i wouldn't mind sharing . from what i have seen in t5he media these migrants share houses with 10 to a bedroom there was a documentary on channel 4 not so long ago.

half of them was sleeping in park or car parks .

hardly call that sharing ........

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Well you share then.

I prefer not to live like im ina slum in a 3rd world # hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join