It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big game hunters...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Scum of the earth.
I get that people hunt for food and I respect that but this guy Walter Palmer of Minnesota went out to bag him a Lion which happened to be called Cecil who lived in the Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe was lured by the Dentists guides half a mile outside the reservation so he could kill it with a bow and arrow.
Cecil didn't die until the next day when they found him and finished him off.

Here is Cecil and Walter.

He paid 54 grand to kill this lion.
54 grand could do a lot of good in the world and I don't give a crap shooting a lion and letting it suffer is not a good way to spend 54 grand.
Oooo I'm mad..

www.thestar.com...

edit on 28-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Scum of the earth.
I get that people hunt for food and I respect that but this guy Walter Palmer of Minnesota went out to bag him a Lion which happened to be called Cecil who lived in the Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe was lured by the Dentists guides half a mile outside the reservation so he could kill it with a bow and arrow.
Cecil didn't die until the next day when they found him and finished him off.

Here is Cecil and Walter.

He paid 54 grand to kill this lion.
54 grand could do a lot of good in the world and I don't give a crap shooting a lion and letting it suffer is not a good way to spend 54 grand.
Oooo I'm mad..

I'll do the customary "source"?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Im a hunter...for food and local ecology. ..I despise sport killing of any kind. Its ruthless and this guy deserves the same. reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

www.thestar.com...

I will put it in the OP.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Just reading about him even in the states he has broken the law.
He should be a man and go mano a liono one on one with Cecils best mate.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Couldnt agree more

a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

There was no "hunt" - this was a murder. I also support hunters who kill cleanly for food. However this lion lived on a game reserve. And it was lured. This is beyond sickening. I am furious as well boymonkey74. Such a sad, sad day. I am so ashamed to be human most days.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To me, the reality has long transcended the "Food versus Game" argument. In my opinion, it's more about "endangerment" and "extinction". Fun and games are over, we're too late for that. We must intellectually be engaged in saving the greater balance of our shared planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Hunting for food is one thing, hunting for a "thrill kill", seems a bit psychopathic to me.
edit on 28-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
At the very least, this scumbag's career will take a serious hit.

R.I.P. Cecil.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Already posted yo

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is scummy and appalling due to being inhumane. As he suffered too. RIP Cecil
edit on 28-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: In4ormant

www.thestar.com...

I will put it in the OP.

Thanks. Read the story. I am an avid hunter (deer,hog,duck,dove etc) and I can't see the appeal of this. I eat everything I shoot and see no purpose in this. People that need heads on walls are insecure in my book.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I hunt.

But for the life of me, I cannot understand shooting some endangered (or almost) species. It's like the dudes who "hunt" elephants or rare rhinoceroses. What's the point?

Is this dude going to eat the lion? Are there so many lions they are eating themselves out of house and home? Was this guy defending himself from the lion? Nope all around. Most won't comprehend this but he did not 'know' the animal nor its environment. He wasn't a participant, just an interloper. For me that is the worst.

And $54,000 just to go there and shoot one. I guess money does not buy class.

Flame away...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

News to me and I'm sure a few others.

Thanks boymonkey

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hey Walter Palmer I got a bow and arrow too. Wanna see who's a better shot?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This man has lots of pictures of being really happy next to dead animals. I find gots very creepy.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I don't particularly care for sport hunting that doesn't involve harvesting for food. However, if I am not mistaken, the game reserve actually needs to cull older animals for the safety of the other animals in the parks. As a result, they allow hunters the opportunity to pay for the right to hunt one of these animals. This is one way the reserve raises money to help cover their operating expenses.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Shooting a lion with a bow might piss him off.USA has lots of lions,More tigers than Asia.So if you could kill a lion with a bow Thats like bad ass.Tan that hide, mount the head and make a rug out of it after you feed his bones to your dogs.
cheers

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't particularly care for sport hunting that doesn't involve harvesting for food. However, if I am not mistaken, the game reserve actually needs to cull older animals for the safety of the other animals in the parks. As a result, they allow hunters the opportunity to pay for the right to hunt one of these animals. This is one way the reserve raises money to help cover their operating expenses.

Thank you... I'm so tired..... I just can't find the gumption to go all stand of the 300 on this thread too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join