It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big game hunters...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nuff said.........

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 29/7/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I really don't get the whole thing for hunting just to kill or for a trophy. It should just be for food. If it makes you feel any better I heard he had to shut his dentist office down. Karma for the win!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

So... man is an animal, but should be the only animal expected to conquer his "baser instincts?"

Look, I find it fairly dumb to spend $54K to kill an old lion. That said, it isn't my $54k and I am not arrogant enough to propose to another how they should spend their own money. I feel like the guide is the ultimate bad guy here, because they certainly should have known better than to break the laws which were broken.

Otherwise, moral of this story is: In the future, when one has taken down a spectacular game animal, do not post photos of yourself and the kill on social media. We (unfortunately) no longer live in the days of privacy and controlled information sharing, and instead are in a Thunderdome scenario in which the masses see all and judge all. Shoot the freaking cat, show the trophy to your friends who visit you home, and STFU about it otherwise.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Or - and I know this is a radical, crazy idea - don't go around the world brutally slaying wild animals for fun.
But no, do it but just keep quiet about it.

Pffft.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

There's more to it than "just for fun," but people who have never seen the effects of overpopulation, blight, disease, starvation, drought, etc wouldn't get it, so we may as well just stick to the more simplistic mindsets.

So yeah, I think the real problem is trophy hunters rubbing the anti-hunters' faces in it. That's not an intelligent way to go about your business, IMO.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is disgusting.

I've been trying to hold off on commenting, and haven't really followed the facts until a little while ago. At first i thought Ok, this guy paid a bunch of money, went out on a hunt, and shot a lion. That's bad.

But then I learn:
A) they lured it off the reserve
B) he shot it with a bow and arrow but it didn't immediate die. They found it the next day.
C) Then, he shot it with a gun to kill it.
D) posed for a picture, smiling
E) Then, they skinned it.
F) Then they CUT OFF THE HEAD and left the body.

And this guy apparently has killed a TON of large and endangered game, from bears to rhinoceri.

What a POS. I hope he gets what's coming.

This makes me want to cuddle with my cat, because humans are nothing but scum and the most dangerous animals on the planet.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A dangerous and odd mix of DNA it takes for someone to actually get joy out of this.

These guys actually FEEL an urge to do this, all of the time, every year.

They actually are part of a system of mixed breed humans and other creatures, that IMO need taking care of.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

...and yet most of them have killed not a single human being in their lives, lack a violent criminal record, are well educated, and are productive members of society.... the mind boggles!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this and caring. The picture of that poor dead lion is unbearably sad. What a waste of a precious, beautiful life.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
From what we have heard...this guy and his team luring the lion off the reserve, killing the animal, then trying to destroy the gps tracker that was around the lions head...its pretty messed up.

With that being said...I support hunting for food or for sport. The majority of people do not understand how big game hunting works. Most of the time african animals are taken from high fenced operations. People with money pay high fees to kill specific animals. Usually its an animal that no longer breeds, is too old, and is killing other males who can breed. Those critters need to be eliminated to make way for breeding to happen.

Also, the money that is paid goes into the conservation efforts to buy more land for these animals...and to help in multiplying the numbers...along with keeping the animals safe from poachers.

You need to understand that africa does not have a fish and wildlife organization, they have next to zero government programs dedicated to wildlife, and have next to no funding to help protect these creatures. That country isnt the USA. Corruption is off the charts there. Poachers will wipe out all species in africa if they can make a quick buck.

This video sums it up...if you do not have time to watch the entire documentary skip to the 52 min mark and watch for around 5 minutes. Without putting a monetary value on these animals, they will be killed to extinction because there will be no reason to protect them. Like this guy says in the documentary...africa is f*cked.

Like I said...if this dentist knowingly killed this lion illegally then he should be brought to justice. But the fact of the matter is people with money like this guy is the only reason the "big 5" as they call it still exist.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thecutupkid

The illegal part of the hunt was where the lion was killed. It wasn't that a lion was killed, but where it was killed and why the guide and guide company is ultimately responsible. The client does what the expert hunter and guide tells him to do that includes where to hunt.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Scum of the earth.

Hunting.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The illegal part of the hunt was where the lion was killed. It wasn't that a lion was killed, but where it was killed and why the guide and guide company is ultimately responsible. The client does what the expert hunter and guide tells him to do that includes where to hunt.

I agree. The client isnt a resident of Africa and does not know the laws. He relies on the people he paid to do the right thing and make sure the kill was legit. The social justice warriors need to blame it on someone so they pin it on the dentist. The fact of the matter is whether you like it or not...killing of animals is legal all around the world.

Anyone who is complaining about this dentist needs to stop and look at themselves. Do you own a leather belt, leather shoes, leather furniture/seats in car...own a football? Have those people ever eaten meat? Do they go to restaurants and order a steak? How do you think that leather and meat got to your plate or shoes? An animal was killed. Those social justice warriors just find it more convenient to hate on someone who kills something that they consider majestic or beautiful. Very few people care about a cow or a chicken unfortunately.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and watch some youtube clips of factory farming. If you eat meat from a store/restaurant you are contributing to that madness. Now crack open a cold one and pat yourself on the back.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think you might be missing the point here because your comparison is a pretty big stretch. Cows and chickens are 2 of the top 5 consumed meats in the world. I definitely believe people should be concerned about the treatment ofALL animals, including cows, chickens, and even the human animal too! I have yet to come across a supermarket that sell lion steaks or a clothing store that sells lion belts though.

The point is that there was NO point in the dentist killing the lion except to put his head on a wall and mentally masturbate too it while playing pool or doing important masculine things in his man cave.

The whole "it helps with conservation" is the thing these hunters spew to make things seem better. There is rampant corruption and scheming that goes on in big game hunting and an EXTREMELY small percentage goes to conservation efforts when any money ends up getting to the right people at all.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Argus100 because: Typo

(post by solve removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ah the whole thing is ridiculous. I mean I support hunting for food, OK ya I get it. Not to sure about the sport part or the danger part. Lets face it, it ain't much of a sport. I mean there is no competition here, even lions or bears or other dangerous animals with the gear and training and a bit of time, well a child can kill them now a days with a high powered rifles or compound bows out there alone.

I mean there wild animals, ie, there is a thinking process difference between humans and other animals in the millions of years of evolution. If you fail to kill a lion with all that guy was geared up with and with his tracker bring it out for him, and everything else you really really suck, may as well align the sights for him as well. You would not even need to be all that practiced with a bow to hit a target that big either most especially in a situation like that while there feeding.

The only real danger you would be in is if you were completely careless and just happen to run into a wild animal at random while on a hunt, then your in its world, but then again if your armed with all that stuff, even a close call I would say is leaning in the hunters favor. Even bears and lions or mountain lion or any other more dangerous animals out there. Well they got the brains of what would be the equivalent of a 5 yr old in human terms. It is no competition if you actually go out there and plan ahead in hunting any of these animals.

Literally all you have to do is drop some bait wait around and shoot it when it shows up, the animal is not even smart enough to understand the concept of trap or bait like I said the mind and brain power of a 5 year old and all its prowess is purely instinctive nature and biology, which in this day and age with assault rifles and compound bows and all kinds of weapons and ways and contraptions means absolutely nothing.

The only way it would even come close to it being a close call. Would literally be if they were on the same level as humans, that is if that lion or bear or whatever had a few thousand dollar compound bow at his disposal and was capable of thinking in abstract thoughts, and could actually plan ahead instead of just being purely based on instinct and conditioning, then ya. But it does not, on a mental and every other level its really about as smart as a bag of rocks.

The only real actual hunting equality or sport I would see were I could actually call it sport would be something like if another species came to this planet, and they were on the same level as humans ie they had cities could build technologies like sniper rifles and and productions plants and planes and bombs and everything. And then decided to hunt humans, they can do something like put out some bait. You know go to there alien stores buy some human food or something humans covet, like lets say a cheeseburger or corvette or even the whole nature calls thing, when they hunt moose and bucks they do it when they are in matting season and use fake calls, the aliens can do the same, set up some captured females out there for bait ain the concrete jungles and wait, after which when humans come around they shoot it from there ship with there laser gun in the neck and presto, they bagged themselves a human. That right there would be a more equal terms and hunt.

Then in that sort of situation it would be a sport or hunt, one which our mighty hunters would likely lose by miles. This however is far from being an equal situation. I mean wild animals are dangerous, but not when you got literally over 20 thousand in high tech gear at your disposal and another 50 thousand for somebody to track and bring out the animal for you and what your hunting has the thinking power of a 5 yr old. Its basically shooting ducks with expensive equipment in the backwoods. Like the guy in your vid said, its not about know how, its just about how much your willing to spend and how much money you have.

I mean I support hunting for food. Even for sport, but only if it leads to something out of it besides just the kill. But purely for sport its pointless, its pointless because what your hunting is just so freaking stupid any ill devised plan and half ass equipment would bag you a kill, I mean sure it takes some skill, and training, if you want to get good with a bow or gun it may take years of shooting. But still, what your hunting is just a big dumb animal, its kind of no brainier. May as well take that 50K and pay for a helicopter ride and buy yourself a high powered machine gun and fly by and shoot it down from on high, not that much of a difference really between the two. In fact I heard its how Sara Palin hunts up in Alaska, and if she can do it, # any retard, or even a child can do it.

If these animals were any smarter instead of going for the bait hanging on a jeep or on a tree all the time they would think "hold up? This does not look good! I may just creep around that suspicious bush there and see whats behind it first" But it does not because it is not even capable of thinking that or at all beyond anything.

In such case, its a no brainier. Its not hunting or even a sport really its just paying a # load of money to give people a thrill when in reality there is a almost zero chance of danger when you add up all factors in these hunts up. Like I said the only way it would be a danger was if they were just wondering by in there hunt and they happened to run into the lion 10 feet from them at random. And even then with all they were equipped with and had at hand, should still be an easy kill.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Excellent post I agree.
I hunt and make traps for rabbits when I go all wild for a week. It breaks my heart to kill one but I appreciate the rabbit and say a little thank you to bugs the rabbit god every bite I take.
I just could not imagine killing for sport heckbi feel bad for a day or so when I step on a snail.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I dont even have something against hunting for sport if they actually do something with there kill besides just killing it, or those that actually go out in the deep and track and everything for days, but even that is still pretty much a no contest if you know what your doing and are all geared up and have a plan. Animals even more dangerous kind aren't exactly all that smart.

But when your spending 50k and that would be half the expenses, WTF is that.

May as well rent out a helicopter for a week, buy one of those big machine gun turrets like you see in Rambo movies, and go mow down a whole heard of lions, or bears, or gazelle or whatever and you would still have money left over to hire people to come on a jeep and drag the kills back. I mean by these qualifications then the best hunter in the world would be Sara Palin and she could do it all while still seeing Russia from her back door and doing her nails.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join