It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Cecil" the Lion Hunted and Killed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Jeez you really are having a hard time understanding this.........Personal truth is not a fact it is subjective. I said...........I have found this.......This shows I am using my personal beliefs not fact.

Put it this way if I had left that little statement out I would agree with you about putting personal truth forward as fact.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Jeez you really are having a hard time understanding this.........Personal truth is not a fact it is subjective. I said...........I have found this.......This shows I am using my personal beliefs not fact.

Put it this way if I had left that little statement out I would agree with you about putting personal truth forward as fact.

yet how is it a personal truth if you dont even know any trophy hunters personally..........

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: SubTruth

We got those pigs up north here too and not only do unchecked wild pigs ravage farm land but they ravage wild lands too, I can accross one of my favorite swamp areas to deer hunt and it was DESTROYED. Even the Beavers abandoned their dam and den and moved on. I used to sit their watching beavers swim around between trout grabbing bugs and whatnot... Not it looks like a tornado came through, it's crazy what a pack of pigs can do and we gotta keep them in check. All animals too not just pigs.

Ya I am for hunting these invaders.....The damage they do is really bad......I am pro-hunting and pro-guns in general. I am am also pro animal rights and against cruelty.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I don't know anything about this particular situation, but to bring it over to North America. Here in the NW United States we are one bad winter away from a truly massive white tail deer kill. Some estimates put the deer population, and I can't find the source, at twice perhaps triple what it was when Lewis and Clark came through these parts.

I for one believe it. I've never seen so many deer, and while they're cute little things. ...and tasty. Dying during a winter freeze because there's not enough food doesn't sound like a pleasant thing.

...it's the same all over the U.S. Mostly due to stringent regulation on the take allowed each hunter.

With the eradication of, and reluctance to reintroduce, predatory species such as puma, and wolves...the deer population has skyrocketed. Not good.

Not a fan of sport hunting. That guy probably couldn't hang with me, either, since I enjoy going out back of beyond. What he did isn't "hunting", it's killing. But that money does do things that most of us don't really notice, or think about... It feeds those people who carry his rifle/bow, and their families.

It does pay, or helps pay for, conservation. Seems a bit twisted, but that is the reality of the situation. Doesn't mean we have to like it...no, it certainly doesn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Scumbags!!! I hope Aliens exist only so scumbags like his can be anally probed by them and tortured for 40 hours.

Hunting for food or population control is one thing but hunting to compensate for small manhood is another thing, I don't even know how this can be called a sport, unless they are going hand to hand combat with a lion versus shooting at it at a safe distance away.

Didn't Donald Trump Jr did the same thing not to long ago?

edit on 40731America/ChicagoTue, 28 Jul 2015 13:40:50 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But they baited the lion out of his reserve, wasn't a clean kill and the animal suffered.
Killing it served no purpose and it was not done for food or clothing.
Two men have been arrested over the killing and they're after the dentist prick too.

There is no defending this yet some of you want to.
Whatever man.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

yet how is it a personal truth if you dont even know any trophy hunters personally..........

Could you please include where I said I do not know any trophy hunters..........I gotta love the irony. Now you are putting personal truth forward as fact.......

I know many trophy hunters.............I think you might not understand what I am putting forward. It is a easy concept to understand so maybe it is a context issue or something......Maybe I am not explaining it right. Personal truth can change and it is not fact. 20 years from now I might agree with you......This is why personal truth is subjective in nature.
edit on 28-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

O I'm not defending is guy, go back and read carefully, at first I was hesitant to jump on the bandwagon but I'm there now. I've read enough to see this guy is a terrible person doing terrible things but he wasnt trophy hunting, what he did is called poaching. They took a lion out of season with out a tag just so some African warlord land owner could make a quick $50,000, that's all kinds of terrible and I hope these guys get lashed over it

But that still doesn't mean that trophy hunting is bad, or the act of hunting in general, or the people that do it. Hunting is a very deeply spiritual and logical activity when done right and should be held up in our society and not demonized. It's a very honorable thing.
edit on 28-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

and all the trophy hunters you know are bad people?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hunting is needed and a time honored right........It is part of who we are. I am against hunting for pure sport. I am pro-hunting for food and the greater good. That means if you need to go and hunt 10,000 pigs because they are tearing up farm fields I am fine with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Do you seriously not know how this works?

The lion has to be taken down for the preservation of the pride and continuing health there of.......

people want to shoot lions......

Hungry people in the area want food.......

Everyone wins and no healthy prides are adversely affected......

Its really really simple.......

but by all means continue ignoring facts in favor of emotional facts, it matters not to me

Talk about ignoring facts, did you bother to read anything that is being reported on this.

This lion was on protected land and was baited and lured off of it onto the private land of a Farmer who is also a game hunter.

It was shot with a bow and arrow then tracked until found then shot dead.

It was stripped of his hide and head and the rest was LEFT TO ROT. Nobody was being fed by this animal. NOBODY. They just wanted the head and skin. They are f*cking poachers!!!! Stop defending a worthless Poacher.

It wasn't done to cull them. It wasn't done for the betterment of lions in general. It wasn't done for any reason other than for this POS Poacher to selfishly kill some big game to inflate his ego. It benefited nobody!!!

I'd like to hunt him in a similar fashion personally. I'd present his head on my wall with the caption "World's Worst Human - Pussy, Bully, Scumbag Poacher"

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

and all the trophy hunters you know are bad people?

Nope.......I have family member who I know very well that are good people but still trophy hunt for the fun of it. However.....I have also known some pretty cruel people who really enjoy it.......I have issues with this. I understand your point and you are correct to a degree. Maybe I should have worded it a better way or added more context.

Rereading it I can see your point.......And if I offended I am truly sorry and my bad. Context in the written word is very hard sometimes to get across in the way you want. I edited it and added the word sometimes........And this is a context issue on my end. I did not word it the right way and I can understand why you questioned it.
edit on 28-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

In which case they should be strung up. That is not hunting, it's called poaching, and it's all sorts of illegal, and this guy is in trouble, or should be.

He's a poacher nothing more.

Now there's two sorts of poachers...

1) Like this guy. Ego driven ass.

2) Feeding ones friends/family. Admitting nothing, I can see this, support it even to an extent. You do what you gotta do to keep food on the table. Technically poaching, I suppose, and it'll land you in jail...but there's nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well, the ironic thing is that he probably does know several and just doesn't know it.

One has to be "in the closet" for many things in today's "PC" society and trophy hunting and/or fishing are two of them in many areas.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You missed the part where all trophy hunting was being attacked. Where animals were being put on a Pedestal

No ones directly defending this one small case.

No ones saying it was a good thing and it had to happen.

but when done properly trophy hunting and hunting in general are very good for the overall of the animals.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

In which case they should be strung up. That is not hunting, it's called poaching, and it's all sorts of illegal, and this guy is in trouble, or should be.

He's a poacher nothing more.

Now there's two sorts of poachers...

1) Like this guy. Ego driven ass.

2) Feeding ones friends/family. Admitting nothing, I can see this, support it even to an extent. You do what you gotta do to keep food on the table. Technically poaching, I suppose, and it'll land you in jail...but there's nothing wrong with it.

That's how I see it. There are rules, he didn't follow them, and he should be prosecuted. He may or may not have known that he was on an illegal hunt and was mislead by a greedy tribal leader but that is what trials are supposed to determine.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

Well, the ironic thing is that he probably does know several and just doesn't know it.

One has to be "in the closet" for many things in today's "PC" society and trophy hunting and/or fishing are two of them in many areas.

Actually I posted a reply to this......I know many. This is common in wooded areas and many people hunt in these parts.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IanFleming

Actually I posted a reply to this......I know many. This is common in wooded areas and many people hunt in these parts.

Jolly good.

And if they stray from the rules, the game warden fines and/or arrests them as is proper.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

yes, this particular case was unfortunate and could have been illegal, im still waiting to find out more facts.......

My repsonses are in response to the people condemning all hunters........

Thanks for playing

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Your second example isn't really poaching if your not being greedy. That's the very root definition of hunting. but that can get outa hand too, as long as seasons are watched and logic is applied it's the same thing just minus the bureaucracy.

There's also the poachers for profit tho too. The fur poachers and the horn poachers and whatnot, just plain greed. Even worse the the ego guys IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join