It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Born on Skull and Bones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
So here's a few questions for you.

If you were born on Skull and Bones day ...

How would you feel?
What would you think?

Do you really think it "means" something?

Could one really see the light when you born in the dark?

Not trying to be cryptic, just asking serious questions.

I don't expect answers just someone to talk to I guess.

EF
edit on 7282015 by ExternalForces because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm really sorry but you couldn't be more cryptic.

How would I "think" or "feel" about what?

If I had a better idea what you are asking I could give you an idea of what I "think".

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

The title is the main question. If you were born on Skull and Bones.. Etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

Are you talking about the fraternity DKE?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

I just keep learning more and more each day.
Didn't know what DKE was until now. But yes, to answer your question.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
For those like me going WTF...

Skull and Bones day is when new members are "tapped" for Skull and Bones at Yale University.

"Tap Day" falls on March 22 and also happens to be the OP's birthday as well.

Each May on "Tap Day," senior Bonesmen troll around Yale's campus, selecting, or "tapping," 15 juniors for membership in the upcoming class. The initiation rites that follow sound like something out of Fred Flintstone's Water Buffalo Lodge or a Robert Bly retreat. Each knight, as neophytes are called, reportedly regales his fellow initiates with his sexual exploits. (He may or may not be naked and may or may not be lying in a coffin.)

During initiation, he endures some sort of physical challenge (mud wrestling? diving into a dung pile?) before being born again with a new name and a new identity. In the outside world, members are never to speak about their society. If outsiders raise the topic, Bonesmen are supposed to leave the room.

www.oilempire.us...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe61d9498506.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 28-7-2015 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it..

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Why are you going "WTF"?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces

Why are you going "WTF"?

Really? You create a thread with zero links to what on earth it is you are talking about, ask questions of those who may read your thread, then act incredulous when another member does you a favor and explains it to the rest of us?
REALLY?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

How would you feel?

being born or how would you fell being born on a certain date?

Probably wouldn't remember being born and would feel the same no mater what date I was born on, as long as its not Christmas so I get the 1 gift covering the two special occasions

What would you think?

I would think I am a human with a birthday like all other humans,

I would think I am unlucky if its Christmas and I only get the 1 gift instead of 2

Do you really think it "means" something?

What do you mean "means" something as you you have it quoted?

It means you are special
like all others that are born.

Could one really see the light when you born in the dark?

ummmm

Not trying to be cryptic, just asking serious questions.

Really?

well you are being cryptic and the questions sound like you are having a laugh.

I don't expect answers just someone to talk to I guess.

Answers will come once you ask the right questions or questions that make a little more sense than those you have asked.

What would like to talk about?

I like to talk and need to talk to others at times as well,

so fire away, you start the conversation and I will try to reply and add to what ever it is you want to talk about.

The title is the main question. If you were born on Skull and Bones.. Etc.

Its not a question, however if you were born on skull and bones day......... what?

Oh I get it, how would you feel, what would you think.

Is skull and bones day the 22nd March?

If so I would feel like and think and know my birthday is one day after.

Why are you going "WTF"?

Because with what you have said or how you have expressed what it is you want to discuss is a little hard to understand.

A quick read of your OP makes a person think WTF, a second read of it also has the same impression, then you read a few posts and it gets a little clearer, however you should have included the info that Murgatroid supplied and helped readers get the gist of what it is you are asking.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Also presumably the day Casear regained consciousness after his brutal (but apparently failed) murder attempt.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There are only 365 days in a year.
That means that any day in the year is going to be the anniversary of something significant, if you look hard enough.
It also means that any day in the year is going to be the birthday of approximately 1 in 365 of the entire population.
In the circumstances, there is no reason why coincidences should have any significance at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Well, every 4 years there are 366 days

...for the most part, unless the year is divisible by 400.

edit on 7/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Well, every 4 years there are 366 days

...for the most part, unless the year is divisible by 400.

Let me correct my own post...

Normal leap-year years at the beginning of a century that are divisible by 400 ARE leap years (the years 2000 and 2400, for example, are leap years).

However, normally leap-year years at the beginning of a century that are that are NOT divisible by 400 (1800, 1900, 2100, 2200, 2300, etc) are NOT leap years. Those years that would otherwise seemingly be leap years are skipped.

edit on 7/28/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

That means that any day in the year is going to be the anniversary of something significant, if you look hard enough.
It also means that any day in the year is going to be the birthday of approximately 1 in 365 of the entire population.
In the circumstances, there is no reason why coincidences should have any significance at all.

Just an unimportant observation, but I don't think your "1 in 365" statistic is correct. That assumes that every person is born on a different day. For instance everyone could be born in the month of January and no one else born the other 334 days of the year.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Just an unimportant observation, but I don't think your "1 in 365" statistic is correct. That assumes that every person is born on a different day.
No it doesn't. It assumes that the chances of someone being born on any given day is 1:365.

For instance everyone could be born in the month of January and no one else born the other 334 days of the year.
Sure, if everyone on Earth only screwed in April.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Just an unimportant observation, but I don't think your "1 in 365" statistic is correct. That assumes that every person is born on a different day. For instance everyone could be born in the month of January and no one else born the other 334 days of the year.

The probabilities are still the probabilities.

Real life may not always match the probabilities over a given sample size, but even if that happens, that doesn't make the probabilities wrong.

Probabilities correctly tell me that if I could expect to get a "heads" 50% of the time when I flip a coin a given number of times (or 1 50-50 chance of flipping a heads on any particular coin flip). However, if I flip a coin 100 times and get heads 60 times instead of 50, that doesn't mean that the probabilities were wrong.

edit on 7/29/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

a reply to: Phage

Yes you guys are right, I am not sure why I read it the way I did.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

So now it's my responsibility to do your research for you? It was a question, if you knew what it was you would be able to answer the questions provided.

Don't say it isn't; there are plenty of you out there that have told me to go and look something up for myself. Yet, when I decided to start my own thread and ask my own questions I'm supposed to provide support when some of you don't even do it on your own.

It was a simple few questions to some that actually know what the day is, NO HARSH FEELINGS REQUIRED.
edit on 7292015 by ExternalForces because: added a thought

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So now we are only taking days of the year into account when supposedly it's been around for billions of years? That's a ridiculous notion to even think about suggesting!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I suppose I'd have to create a thread explaining my new found anti-christ dilemma.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join