It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago: Double Homicide in Drive By, Police Tow the Vehicle with Bodies Still in Car!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What a disgrace. A double homicide and rather than investigating on site, they tow the car with the bodies inside!

I can't find any reason of why it would be necessary to tow a vehicle with dead bodies in a car. It is disrespectful to the deceased, their families, and bystanders.

Can you imagine driving next to this tow truck while your kids peer out the window? I'd be furious! Or having your loved one who was just murdered hauled away like a slaughtered animal?

The crowd was irrate, as they should be. Whoever called this action should be fired, sued, and publicly disgraced like he/she did to the deceased.

The police department decided to tow the vehicle containing the two victims in front of a crowd who had gathered outside the crime scene with apparently no concern over who may see the gruesome scene as they traveled.
One of the victims was reportedly still hanging out of a window
“How do you tow a car with a deceased body in it? They are towing a car with a deceased body in it,” Hustle laments at the beginning of the video, as a furious crowd confronts the officers at the scene.
“They towed the car with a body hanging out the window . When did it become procedure to tow a car with a deceased body hanging out of a window with a repo truck?! Only in Chicago,” he continues on to ask.

Deceased towed inside car

Ghost

edit on 27-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
People need to go to that neighborhood and hang around for one week.

Only then will you understand.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well how did the bodies get deceased except that the neighborhood helped it get that way.

Towing the body away with the car would be to bring it to a garage to forensic test it without a hundred people cell-phone videoing things and yelling at the police doing their job.

By the way, Chicago. Lock your doors, roll up your windows, don't stop at the stop sign, drive up on the sidewalk to get away. People die in their cars there.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My cop buddy said this is actually commonplace in vehicular murders. it's easier for them to investigate the vehicle off site.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenSyrup

Chicago may be a violence ridden place, but that's no way to treat deceased people, or their familes.

Who cares if a hundred people are recording with cellphones? They had the entire block taped off with cops ready to use batons if people were upset on how disrespectful the police were to the victims.

The only reason the community is pissed is because they sent a tow truck to haul the bodies away.

Ghost
edit on 27-7-2015 by ghostrager because: Pissed not passed

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Some would call it preserving the integrity of a crime scene so they can do a thorough investigation. Thorough investigations can lead to arrests.

Still others would say that the police don't want to do the investigation in a residential neighborhood in broad daylight. A child walking by can see more than a child driving by.

You could also say that because of the sheer number of murders in Chicago, the PD probably has a warehouse somewhere dedicated to this sort of thing. Do you think that just because the murder rate increases that they hire or train more officers to do this type of investigative work? Of course not. They dedicate their resources to help bring the murder rate down, not let it rise and add to the budget by hiring more people. So in the meantime, they do their work in a way that is practical and time efficient.

But dont look at it sensibly, please.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

. Do you think that just because the murder rate increases that they hire or train more officers to do this type of investigative work? Of course not. They dedicate their resources to help bring the murder rate down, not let it rise and add to the budget by hiring more people. So in the meantime, they do their work in a way that is practical and time efficient.

But dont look at it sensibly, please.

If sensibility in murder cases like these is reduced to nothing more than cost efficiency; then by all means your right.

"But dont look at it humanely, please."

Ghost

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
a reply to: GoldenSyrup

Chicago may be a violence ridden place, but that's no way to treat deceased people, or their familes.

Who cares if a hundred people are recording with cellphones? They had the entire block taped off with cops ready to use batons if people were upset on how disrespectful the police were to the victims.

The only reason the community is pissed is because they sent a tow truck to haul the bodies away.

Ghost

So you would rather see military style situations in scenarios like this one?

That's what that scene would have become in about 30 minutes if they had done the "investigation" on site.

I know right where that happened.

Most people have no idea what that area is like.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
People need to go to that neighborhood and hang around for one week.

Only then will you understand.

Once again with your smiling posts on things that are neither funny, ironic, nor contain any reasoning for a smiling emoji. Damn that gets annoying.

People are insane to do something like tow a car with dead bodies.
edit on 27-7-2015 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

Chicago is an insane place.

Especially in the high crime areas like this one.

About once a week at least, the cops here have swat and the National Guard "in mind".

One of these days, an incident will make this incident look like a tea and crumpet luncheon.

You have no idea.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Or maybe they are afraid someone will shoot at them while they investigate on-site? With 400 to 500 murdered in the city each year I would not want to hang any longer than need be either.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hmmm, according to the report cited above these murders happened a 2:30 am and yet when this video is being shot, it is obviously daylight, so some 5 or more hours later. What the heck were they doing for those 5 hours that they couldn't call the coroner's office and show some respect.
How would you feel if that were your relatives?
It would be okay with you if your relatives/friends were treated that way simply because they had the bad taste to be murdered in a bad neighborhood?
Jesus on a biscuit! Those are human beings in that car---not slaughtered livestock. They already had the area blocked off. This wasn't for "safety" at all---this was to send a message to the people of that neighborhood.
I don't know if it's a drug problem with cops but they've clearly lost their minds and sensibilities.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Or maybe they are afraid someone will shoot at them while they investigate on-site? With 400 to 500 murdered in the city each year I would not want to hang any longer than need be either.

If they are too danged scared to do their job, then they need to resign and find work more suitable to their abilities. I'm thoroughly disgusted with these officials who are supposed to be public servants assuming the role of our Masters.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Boy it's a good thing they got rid of those gun laws so that shootings never happen anymore with all the "law abiding gun owners" standing by to take action- oops.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So you would rather see military style situations in scenarios like this one?

That's what that scene would have become in about 30 minutes if they had done the "investigation" on site.

I know right where that happened.

Most people have no idea what that area is like.

What an asinine comment.

To assume that the military would need to be called in is an illegitimate argument; and equally, a sorry attempt for justification on how these victims were mistreated.

I don't doubt you that this is a bad part of your area. Every major metro area has them. It still does not excuse the disrespect to the victims or their families.

The video shows an obvious barricade around the block. The investigators weren't in danger from the public.

How does transporting the bodies in the vehicle retain any merit to the evidence in how they were murdered? Driving across city streets, with everyone to see, while their bodies are moving around and disrupting factual evidence does not create a better scenario to investigate the crime in another location.

They should have completed the investigation on site and removed the bodies in a way that was respectful to the deceased and their relatives.

Ghost

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Your still not getting it.

You have no idea what that area is like.

What you should be addressing is the massive failure by big city big governments like Chicago.

They should have completed the investigation on site and removed the bodies in a way that was respectful to the deceased and their relatives.
There would have been 10 more bodies if they kept the crime scene there.

You really should consider visiting there and studying the whole picture.

edit on Jul-27-2015 by xuenchen because: seahorses are fast

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your still not getting it.

You have no idea what that area is like.

What you should be addressing is the massive failure by big city big governments like Chicago.

I do 'get it'. And I do know exactly what these areas are like. But that doesn't inhibit my reprisal in the act of how the victims were handled.

I agree with your second statement regarding big city goverment with the exception of pertinence between the issues.

The violence isn't an attribute of the governing, but a reflection of the state in which the people live. But, it still doesn't matter as victims should be treated with dignity regardless of their demographic, even when it is statistically relevant.

Ghost

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I work in various Chicago west side neighborhoods frequently. The one where this double homicide occurred is not the worst. It's not the type of neighborhood where your hair stands up on your neck while you're driving through. Those are close by, but this isn't one of them.

This double homicide occurred at 2:35am on Saturday night. A woman who was in the back seat was also shot, but not killed. Over this past weekend, 35 people were shot and 12 of them died. As of Monday morning, (7.27.2015), 263 people had been murdered this year in Chicago 1,532 had been shot.

Due to so much carnage, the police can't do like you see on Television...take lots of photos, carefully dust for fingerprints, estimate trajectories with lasers, question neighbors, etc... They follow those protocols in the low-crime parts of town, but not in the areas where there are, on average, 8 people getting shot every day it's above 32 degrees. (Crime goes WAAAAAY down in the Winter)

Some south side Chicago thugs were going to blast me and the wife a few years ago, simply because we left the green light faster than they did. I explained that I had two boys in the back seat and asked for a break. One of them in the back seat apparently had a heart and told the front seat guys to spare us. So they just tossed a bullet in my wife's lap (it's thats gang's way of warning you) and told us to get going.

Here's a summary of Chicago gun violence from this past weekend: www.chicagotribune.com...

Here's a running count/tracker/map that's updated every week:
crime.chicagotribune.com...

cwm

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

If they are too danged scared to do their job, then they need to resign and find work more suitable to their abilities. I'm thoroughly disgusted with these officials who are supposed to be public servants assuming the role of our Masters.

Easy statement for you to say from the comfort of your chair... lol

Let me rephrase, It is not a scared or not scared thing. It is all about minimizing RISK and these people need to go home 365 days a year, year in and year out. I fly for a living and go to some nasty places in the world and it is always about minimizing risk. You are judging with no clue to the situation or reasons.

edit on 28-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Of course, I'm saying it from the comfort of my chair, I didn't decide to become a police officer.
I do however have a bit of training in forensics and I know that transporting that car in the manner it was done has contaminated the scene because the windows were open. Things fly out---things fly in---and a good defense attorney could get all that evidence tossed due to their negligence. It is irresponsible as well as disrespectful.
I wouldn't want to be treated that way so I can't condone anyone being treated in such a manner.
It seems to me the message the Chicago PD is sending is pretty clear.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join