It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago: Double Homicide in Drive By, Police Tow the Vehicle with Bodies Still in Car!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
It seems to me the message the Chicago PD is sending is pretty clear.

There is a reason I do not live there and many other horrid places like it. I have always had the belief that the police mirror society where they live and work. Most places we see police issues are places that are not good places to live, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eightonefive

My cop buddy said this is actually commonplace in vehicular murders. it's easier for them to investigate the vehicle off site.

Ok, that I can accept as reasonable explanation based on what my two police buddies have shared with me about certain matters; it is indeed very common place.

If you don't mind, can you please ask your friend why they do not drape the car in a tarp so other people who are commuting along the road do not have to witness such a gruesome thing such as a body hanging out the window and another deceased sitting in the passenger seat?

Here in Toronto the police have special vehicles (huge flatbed trucks with walls-kind of like what a high end car would be delivered in) for such cases. It seems to be the common sense thing to do around here.

Again, I get that it is standard procedure when it comes to forensics due to the hours needed for such an investigation. Also, the police forensic garages/'labs are equipped with special lighting (black lights, etc) and many high tech stuff to aid in the investigation that is not available or limited when used at the scene of the crime.

The issue is not the fact they towed the vehicle with a dead body hanging out the window and another in the passenger seat. The issue is HOW they did it and who they EXPOSED this gruesome crime scene to as it made its way to the forensic lab. So, again, can you please ask your friend why a special vehicle was not sent so the car can be placed into and confined for journey? Shucks, a tarp would of did the trick.

Commonplace should not replace common sense...which apparently is severely lacking in this particular case.

edit on 28-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

respect for the dead - you ask ?

just how " respectfull " is throwng them in a rubber lined bag and driving them away in a van ???

they are dead - they dont care any more - why are you so uptight about it ?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
First the cops did not have the car towed.

Its up to the coroner.
You can not move a murder victims body without the coroners permission.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
now i have watched the vid - just one question - how far was the vehicle moved in this manner ???

its not a trick question - because the area is clearly congested with vehicles and turning circles are restricted

actually getting the correct vehicle to the scene is sometimes imposible

a " spectacle lift " - the red truck - with a short wheelbase and the ability to slew its lift arm can extract a vehicle from a tight spot that a larger vehicle could not access

i did a couple of years recovery work - and we often had to send a vehicle that could not legally tow a heavy vehicle all the way back to depot along just to shunt a breakdown // crash into a position where the proper truck could access it

but hey - facts like that are irrelevant when you are attempting to instigate a situation

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: Xtrozero
Of course, I'm saying it from the comfort of my chair, I didn't decide to become a police officer.
I do however have a bit of training in forensics and I know that transporting that car in the manner it was done has contaminated the scene because the windows were open. Things fly out---things fly in---and a good defense attorney could get all that evidence tossed due to their negligence. It is irresponsible as well as disrespectful.
I wouldn't want to be treated that way so I can't condone anyone being treated in such a manner.
It seems to me the message the Chicago PD is sending is pretty clear.

THE DEAD DONT GIVE A DANG ABOUT RESPECT OF THEIR DEAD BODIES.
REally people its more disrespectful to leave the car there where evidence can be tainted and possibly throw off the trail left behind by the killers. Save the butthurt. Think of those two people as soldiers. do soldiers disrespect their comrades if they grab their corpse so it can be autopsied elsewhere?

This is no different. Better to preserve the evidence than the illusion of respect for a hunk of meat with no one at home anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Probably taking it to a cooler place to work. It's Chitcongo and it's summertime

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That would not be a safe work environment for anyone associated with the police to do their jobs.

They did the right thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: xuenchen
People need to go to that neighborhood and hang around for one week.

Only then will you understand.

Once again with your smiling posts on things that are neither funny, ironic, nor contain any reasoning for a smiling emoji. Damn that gets annoying.

People are insane to do something like tow a car with dead bodies.

With such good neighbors i'm sure the police have a suspect vehicle, and suspects.

oh and piss off did you join the I hate smiley face police gustapo?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Relax it's Chitcongo and the police probably knew the people in the car. They probably had no real reason to investigate just happy to see them gone. Maybe like the locals

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
I'm well aware that the dead don't care what happens to their bodies but I was trained in the ethical treatment of deceased persons. It is our society that shows respect for the departed and it is a polite society who demands that respect be paid to all who pass from this life.
My attitude comes from the notion that I, as a human being, would not like to see a member of my family or a friend being treated in such a rude and disgusting manner. As a forensic scientist, I have serious issues with a body removal being done with the windows of the vehicle wide open being towed through the open air. If they needed to remove the entire vehicle they could have obtained an enclosed vehicle for the removal.
I will not think of those people as soldiers because they weren't soldiers. You may be comfortable justifying such behavior but I'm not! Excusing this type of barbaric behavior just gives the authorities free reign.
But hey, the bad cops don't show any respect to live people so it certainly would follow that they wouldn't respect dead citizens either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join