It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, if AboveTopSecret.com held a MeetUp Group in New York City...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
OK, I'll take the van. Perhaps I could pick up a few member on the way to NYC.

It better be a MASSIVE van. Lolol

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I will come but I want expenses for air travel and booze.
Joking of course I would love to but need gold.

Don't we all, boymonkey?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
a reply to: johnwick

You guys will have to show me one day. Sounds pretty amazing.

I churched it up, it is only about 30 something feet tall, as the glaciers flattened indiana out pretty well.

But it is about 60 feet wide, and inspiring to stand beneath.

And the 2 hour tube ride..... Ever just had a really great time?

I did that a couple of times a week for about 5 years of summers, it was great every single time.

It truly is an amazing spot, I feel gifted to have lived such an experience.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Id come if it was more centrally located, theres no way id travel all the way to New York though,

Also been there twice its a real pain to get around.........and its entirely too expensive
edit on 7/28/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

A more centralized location does sound appealing.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

How about live streaming the event? New York City isn't exactly TOUGH for me to get to, it's just that everything is so damn expensive there...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I would, but cannot attend due to medical issues. When you meet in California, I would attend.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It would be like a 4-6 hour drive for me so I would go. I already attend Meetup groups in my local area. New York might actually be a good location on account of population meaning the turn out would probaly be decent. Not to mention possibly attracting curious locals who might join the rest of us in The Fraternal Order of the tinfoil hat.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: bally001

Food for thought
...i am between byron bay and tweed heads on a 150 acres up in the hills,great bbq ,drinking spot

Oh what I'd do to be back home and in those hills with you! Beautiful part of the world!

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We need one in Los Angeles too !

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
New York sounds fun, but South Yorkshire sounds even better! Well, for me, but I'm biased..

But ah well, I've been loking for an excuse to go to New York, this would work.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What if there were simultaneous meet ups, and they all did a video conference together?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd be down for a los angeles meetup.

not sure any members would really be that excited to meet me. but if your having a hard time shutting down the party and you need to kick every one out cause your time is up on the rented venue, let me in. release the bassplyr! I'll be like "hi everyb- hey whered everyone go?"

ATS should have city meetups. make like informal chapters. the la chapter the Chicago and surrounding areas chapter etc...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So it looks like multiple people are thinking the same with many meetups hooked up through tech like google hangouts. You could have a theme, and projects, or questions, have the group pick the best questions to discuss via hangouts... I mean there's a lot of different ways you could shnazz this up and make it fun for everyone involved.

Say there's a speaker, maybe keep it a secret, maybe not, but have time for each chapter to roll through some chat locally and come up with best questions to ask via hangouts, then go live and take turms interacting with the guest.

Or if a project of sort, have a fun themed scenario, an adventure story to work in with aliens, heck I dunno... but make it a prize thing for the best performing chapter. You could even create a thread for each chapter, and vote via flags to the thread. So many ways to do this awesomely. Think 2015, SO, you got creative fools with too much time on their hands. The options are limitless.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
texas?, texas suxs oklahomas panhandle, i dont think okies mind though.a reply to: johnwicklol, sorry

edit on th0714kAmerica/Chicagoth by SmikeS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

If it started on December 8th this year, I could make it. My mom said she would go too, if it started on that day. The cool thing about New York at that time of year is that there is a lot going on in the winter time. The ice-skating and everything else going on that time of year would be fun.

Round trip from where I'm at it's about 1800 miles.

If it is at any other time, I won't be able to make it. I think it would be a lot of fun for some of us to get to meet each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Not sure that I can make New York $$$ Washington DC is closer
to me & is expensive too but I don't think as much as NY.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It depends on what the meet up entails.. If it is just to meet, up and hang out? I doubt it..

People in general are strange, no disrespect to our members, but seeing what comes out of their minds on the board, I am not sure if meeting them in reality, is something I want to experience. Do not get me wrong I am pretty sure we have a very high percentage of sociopaths within our membership, etc. I would love heading up to NYC, I am taking a vacation somewhere this fall up the eastern sea board, but I mean I am not heading up to NYC, with just something Skeptic, your coming up with off the seat of your pants...

Give me some details.. I assure you thou, allot of people who say they will show up will not..

Yet with technology, as good as it is now, why must we meet in a City? Why not just broadcast the meet up? Or the speaker etc? We can ask questions via a real time chat system etc. I tell you, thou to really get my attention to go up to NYC, to hangout with other ats members something needs to interest me, I will want to learn something etc. Sadly most members do not teach me something I do not already know etc, hence the fact we are a conspiracy UFOLOGY site etc. It is a gray enough subject in itself..

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I feel blessed to be here,the weather is great,the air is clean...i wake up every morning to the most beautiful views....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join