It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, if AboveTopSecret.com held a MeetUp Group in New York City...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
...how many would come?

Seriously. We're looking at the viability of starting to organize MeetUps in New York City that could focus around different core topics each month -- potentially with guest speakers who are experts on those topics.

If we could organize something like that, how many would come?

For now, just gauging the interest.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'll be there.

If the wife says no. Ill wear a tinfoil hat till Christmas. Imagine that out shopping.
edit on 27-7-2015 by BlastedCaddy because: where oh wear

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why New York?

How about Denver?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Because of the ready access to people/experts in many of the subject matter covered on ATS. Like perhaps, the original founders of 9/11 Truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Love the idea...hate the choice of location. To the average non-New Yorker, New York is expensive and a pain to get around.

Of course, I realize that you'll never get everyone to "love" the location, no matter what city you choose. But as someone who has helped to arrange many conventions both domestically and internationally, there are some things you should give serious thought:

1. Centralized location to your target audience. For example, if the US is your audience, then consider a central location like Chicago, Kansas City, or Denver. Stick to airport hubs for lowest travel costs.
  2. If there is a cost, price your tickets to the average median income to make it affordable to most people.
  3. When picking a schedule date, be aware of holidays. Mid-month schedules are usually best to avoid work-related conflicts for most people.
  4. Can you get sponsors to help defray costs, cover convention hall fees, or donate giveaways?
  5. Have you considered posting a thread to ask for input/interest on speaking topics? topics appeal to the majority of people who might attend?

I could easily keep going....PM me if you are interested.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Better time and money spent supporting this guy:
Search ATS Special Ops Whistleblower.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Granite because: new phone has issue with url copy/paste

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Will there be an entry fee? It's been awhile since I've been to the big apple, the cost to get there will most likely be a nightmare, but might be worth the trip if you provide beverages, lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Free airfare and hotel accommodations? Sign me up! Otherwise, surely you jest. That is one expensive locale to have a meet and greet. Try Kentucky instead or somewhere in the part of the country that would be more affordable.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

MeetUps tend to be free -- which ours would be -- but also tend to be attended by locals.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
New York City seems alright, though I've never been. It's unlikely I would attend, if it became a regular convention then maybe. Who knows, I may use an ATS convention as excuse to finally check out the Big City.

Las Vegas would be a good spot, if for nothing else it's proximity to Area 51 and its much cheaper than NYC for most of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Damn, couple years too late

If I was still in NY, I woulda drove a couple hours for that.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't be there but I think it would be awesome if you could live stream it (or whatever the trendy term is these days) for those who can't make it.

That would be magnificent, I think.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Why not London?

Are the majority of members NYC based?

Come to think of it.... i havent been to NYC in over a decade. i should go visit there soon!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Maybe.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What about something that would work for everyone, like an international monthly event where you could organize in starbucks in top dozen or so metro areas and google chat everyone together. might be unrealistic, but it doesn't seem as all too many are in that particular location. If organized properly you could have everyone in each group watching the feed, and a lead organizing questions to be cued in from participants.
edit on 27-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
What about something that would work for everyone, like an international monthly event where you could organize in starbucks in top dozen or so metro areas and google chat everyone together. might be unrealistic, but it doesn't seem as all too many are in that particular location. If organized properly you could have everyone in each group watching the feed, and a lead organizing questions to be cued in from participants.

Um....wouldn't that be exactly like the "question & answer" threads we already have?
Without the huge TV screen.....LOLOL!!
Maybe just ATS meet-ups in general in cities all over who express interest is a better way to go? I know I wouldn't be interested in NYC or speakers. Most Speakers are already out on the conference circuits, so more redundancy.
However I am probably the minority thinking this way.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
In the interest of self-preservation, I'm gonna have to say no.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
New York works for me.
It's just an Amtrak ticket away.
It would be great fun, and a logical extension of this great site.

Then, do a West Coast, and then a Heartland!

Hope it happens!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Well, no it wouldn't be "exactly" like it. Q & A is not real time, not in person, not video-rich media.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: olaru12

Because of the ready access to people/experts in many of the subject matter covered on ATS. Like perhaps, the original founders of 9/11 Truth.

Al Qaeda is going to be there? Definitely no.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join