It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM's propaganda against Iran exposed , once again .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So this is the headline by "debka files" :

Iran buys 100 Russian refueling (IL78 MKI tanker aircraft (NATO: Midas) ) aircraft for its air force to reach any point in the Mid East .

www.debka.com...

yeah . i would put a smiley here , but ....

Since Iran has about 100 fighter bombers , that would be about 1 refueler aircraft for 1 fighter bomber . sounds very un-propaganda-ish .

Iranian AF officials should sign in detox camps and get the weed outta their system ASAP . cause they are so freakin' HIGH .

100 refuelers sounds only fair if you want to export about 2 million barrels of oil each year . maybe thats the plan , who knows ?

or maybe its the mighty dealbreakers at work ?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Seems to me your the only one worried about it. I've seen plenty of us articles talking about lifting aviation restrictions on Iran. So I guess the only one beating the war drums is you. There has been you since with the new deal Iran plans to spend about 20 BILLION upgrading their fleet of aircraft from manufacturers such as boeing.

Part of the nuclear arms aged menu does away with aviation restrictions on iran. So what is your point exactly that the Israelis don't like the agreement nothing new there. Will they have to accept it of course they will no matter how munch screaming and yelling they do. Bottom line is Israel has no choice to accept US policy on Iran maybe they can have better luck with the next US president but I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Seems to me your the only one worried about it. I've seen plenty of us articles talking about lifting aviation restrictions on Iran. So I guess the only one beating the war drums is you. There has been you since with the new deal Iran plans to spend about 20 BILLION upgrading their fleet of aircraft from manufacturers such as boeing.

Part of the nuclear arms aged menu does away with aviation restrictions on iran. So what is your point exactly that the Israelis don't like the agreement nothing new there. Will they have to accept it of course they will no matter how munch screaming and yelling they do. Bottom line is Israel has no choice to accept US policy on Iran maybe they can have better luck with the next US president but I doubt it.

"seems like you're the only one who is worried about it"

no #e ! maybe it has to do with the fact that i'm Iranian and its my country who is being threatened on a daily basis .

"i guess the only one beating the war drums is you "

oh whoah , whaaat ? that was a sudden turn around ! so i am the one who is beating the drums here ? are you alright here bud ?

look dude , Iran has the basic right to buy whatever she likes , is that hard to understand ? even if you buy a million aircraft carries or a galaxy full of Su-30s and J-10s , you're still practicing your God-given rights .

you start bombing the shizzam outta the people in Iraq and Afghanistan with them and there goes your right . there goes your humanity .

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

@haman10 :
Did the Iranian medias reports anything on the topic ?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
@haman10 :
Did the Iranian medias reports anything on the topic ?
Iranian media mostly posts the pro-Iranian side of the story with an exact 180 degrees difference from the MSM pro-western propaganda .

in this messed up world you cannot find a single free alternative voice . you should listen to both sides and then decide .

No , there is no reaction to this news except some mocking tweets from comedians and news networks

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Once again seems like you that has the strange problem. The Obama administration is removing restrictions on iran. As I told you buying aircraft parts will be fine. As soon as the deal is signed the UN restrictions are removed. They can buy aircraft the only restriction remaining will be the size if their military for the next ten years. The only reason it's in there is to prevent an arms race in the middle east as the suni governments won't panic. Now part of the problem being Iranian is your news sources has convinced you the US is evil. Truth is Iran is little concern to the west the only ones concerned are middle Eastern countries like Saudis and israelis.

To the US media and US citizens they could really care less what Iran does as long as they don't Destabilize the region by starting a nuclear arms race. Now that would be a scary situation if the entire middle east went nuclear. There are way to many unstable regimes there but to have one eventually nuke someone. As far as Iraq the US did Iran a huge favor. You of all people should understand what he was capable of if your from Iran. He had no problems using nerve agents against iran and it was just a matter of time before he would do it again.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

If all of Iranian pilots and service personnel are stoned than I say leave them be. It would probably explain why Iran hasn't started a war in over 100 years.

Haven't seen you around in awhile. Nice to see you're still posting.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

To the US media and US citizens they could really care less what Iran does as long as they don't Destabilize the region by starting a nuclear arms race. Now that would be a scary situation if the entire middle east went nuclear. There are way to many unstable regimes there but to have one eventually nuke someone. As far as Iraq the US did Iran a huge favor. You of all people should understand what he was capable of if your from Iran. He had no problems using nerve agents against iran and it was just a matter of time before he would do it again.

That sounds like someone who esxists within a 24hr news cycle. My memory stretches longer than that of a fish. It was not too long ago Iran was evil and apparently existed on an imaginary axis with other evil-doers. Is that old news, this new news? Do you really think a Democrat will hold office next year?
edit on 25-7-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
In the past year, according to various news sites, Iran government has murdered over 1,000 for being gay, anti government, Christian, etc., so I see the iranians not having much compunction about nuking some country they don't like.
favorite form of execution is hanging from a mobile crane, for those with that kind of morbid interest.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
In the past year, according to various news sites, Iran government has murdered over 1,000 for being gay, anti government, Christian, etc., so I see the iranians not having much compunction about nuking some country they don't like.
favorite form of execution is hanging from a mobile crane, for those with that kind of morbid interest.

Now there's some koolaid talk right there. Who says that, Hannity? Which country has the highest incarceration rate? People in America get arrested and die for not signaling before changing lanes.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

That sounds like someone who esxists within a 24hr news cycle. My memory stretches longer than that of a fish. It was not too long ago Iran was evil and apparently existed on an imaginary axis with other evil-doers. Is that old news, this new news? Do you really think a Democrat will hold office next year?

You sound like someone so stuck in spa teen of hate that there's no hope for you. However apparently you do admit that currently things have changed as far as US view of Iran so it kind of negates your whole up here. I guess you could say in your title a disclaimer saying this used to be the propaganda before now. Oh and your grasp of history is the same as your grasp of US politics of course Democrats will be in charge next year the presidential election doesn't happen until 2016 which means he holds office until jam 20th 2017 and he's the one that decides the course the state department takes.
edit on 7/25/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Oh and your grasp of history is the same as your grasp of US politics of course Democrats will be in charge next year the presidential election doesn't happen until 2016 which means he holds office until jam 20th 2017 and he's the one that decides the course the state department takes.

And your grasp of understanding who you're talking to is about as good as understanding your months. There is no month of "jam" in the year and I'm not Iranian. I mean, if we're splitting hairs and all.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a prediction to make. This OP will go absolutely nowhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The only reason it's in there is to prevent an arms race in the middle east...

You're kidding. An arms race?

I can smell the Mil - Ind - Com pissing their pants at the prospect of gigantic profits they'd make in such an arms race from across the pond.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We're going to see a lot more of this, I'm afraid.

America is starting to lean to the right again, and there are calls to restrict heavily the current deal, or scrap it all together.

Haman10, if you can back me up, the Iran of today is not like it was from 1979. Sure, there is the Ayatollah and 'morality police', but the younger generations are becoming more open to the West and the Iran deal is a step forward for the country not to be demonised anymore.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

If all of Iranian pilots and service personnel are stoned than I say leave them be. It would probably explain why Iran hasn't started a war in over 100 years.

Haven't seen you around in awhile. Nice to see you're still posting.

Thanks brother . i've got lots of things going on in my life . downsides of living in a 3rd world country i guess .

Yeah it's actually 300 years , but thanks for mentioning it .

originally posted by: TonyS
I have a prediction to make. This OP will go absolutely nowhere.

Of course it will . informing only 1 person of what is really going on is enough for me . you're enough for me .

it's called making a difference . maybe not that much , but still , better than sitting on our butts all night day doing nothing .

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
We're going to see a lot more of this, I'm afraid.

America is starting to lean to the right again, and there are calls to restrict heavily the current deal, or scrap it all together.

Haman10, if you can back me up, the Iran of today is not like it was from 1979. Sure, there is the Ayatollah and 'morality police', but the younger generations are becoming more open to the West and the Iran deal is a step forward for the country not to be demonised anymore.
let me address that one by one mate .

Today's Iran is nothing like 1979's Iran . it's nothing like Shah era either . younger generations want nothing less than prosperity of their nation . they want to see Iran raise again . we've had enough .

300 years of mismanagement and corruption led one of the most prosperous and powerful countries in the world to the stage of pre-revolution era . after the revolution , i think the major reason why the revolution could last for almost 4 decades is that the new establishment reached out to people and once again nationalist sentiment rose up : revolution lasted this long cause :

1- the new establishment did not let anyone bully the nation 2- very heavy investment in science sector and finally 3-improving economic situation after 8 years of war .

the morality police exists no more . it was during the time of ahmadinejad the previous president of Iran .

Ayatullah exists , but it has to do with the fact that Iranians are originally very religious people . that was true even before the revolution and ayatullahs did exist at that time in big numbers too .

to sum it up , new generation of Iranian people don't think of US as the "Great satan" but they certainly resent US government for their aggressive policies . they certainly don't view their country as an "axis of evil" .

our new generation is not that conservative . they want to reach out to the west , but i think west is missing the opportunities left and right .

let me reassure you that we're a very ambitious nation . right now we're finalizing our membership of shanghai cooperation . this means that China and Russia are now obliged to defend Iran in case of a war . its good for both sides if we tune down the rhetoric and lies and look forwar to cooperation

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well you admit attitudes have changed on both sides and yet you still speak of propaganda. As you know the only country in the west helping Iran is the US. This is the first time that has been an option since the ayatollah took power. Yet you still claim the US is trying to destroy Iran. Makes me wonder if the US isnt making a huge mistake in foreign policy. Because if you claiming to be from Iran have such hatred of the west sounds to me the US policy is going to create more problems then it solves. Heres to hoping most Iranians stop worrying about the past and look at now and not all of them are stuck in the past. Since as you said you have a long memory and a limited view of world events. Iran has an opportunity here if they choose to take it they have the US negotiating a deal lifting sanctions and bringing them into world affairs for the first time since the 70s. Attitudes need to change however and judging from this thread im wondering if that is even possible.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Two things to note:

1) Debka is not exactly MSM.
2) Debka is TOTALLY an Israeli run site, so it stands to reason it will demonize Iran at every turn.

That said, yes, the MSM in the US continues its propaganda against Iran because there is an agenda there. Hell, there's an agenda against practically EVERY ME nation, it's just selling it to the US (and Western) people. Iran, the great Boogey man, the NUMBER ONE sponsor of TERROR in the world! Be Afraid! They'll kill us all! But don't worry about Saudi Arabia who helps fund ISIS, other terrorists (9/11 anyone?), and further has their hand (along with the US) in most of the shady business in the ME.

But noooo, the problem is Iran. It's just sick.

Question is WHY is there so much propaganda against Iran? Short answer: ISRAEL, and their influence over our politicians. Period.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well you admit attitudes have changed on both sides and yet you still speak of propaganda. As you know the only country in the west helping Iran is the US. This is the first time that has been an option since the ayatollah took power. Yet you still claim the US is trying to destroy Iran. Makes me wonder if the US isnt making a huge mistake in foreign policy. Because if you claiming to be from Iran have such hatred of the west sounds to me the US policy is going to create more problems then it solves. Heres to hoping most Iranians stop worrying about the past and look at now and not all of them are stuck in the past. Since as you said you have a long memory and a limited view of world events. Iran has an opportunity here if they choose to take it they have the US negotiating a deal lifting sanctions and bringing them into world affairs for the first time since the 70s. Attitudes need to change however and judging from this thread im wondering if that is even possible.

You just put your foot in your mouth....due to your spoon-fed geopolitical rhetoric. You speak from a propagandist viewpoint and not facts. Contemplate your above views; allow the following to marinate; and you will see the irony in your above thought process when the facts are weighed:

You stated:

As you know the only country in the west helping Iran is the US. This is the first time that has been an option since the ayatollah took power.

Now contemplate this:

1953 Iranian coup d'état

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup, was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).

I was going to cherry pick the hell out of your ignorant comment, but I gotta run, sun is shining, here take some facts instead of spewing propaganda:

*Again, contemplate your above words; weight them out:

Iran has an opportunity here if they choose to take it they have the US negotiating a deal lifting sanctions and bringing them into world affairs for the first time since the 70s.

Mossadegh had sought to audit the books of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), a British corporation (now BP) and to change the terms of the company's access to Iranian petroleum reserves. Upon the refusal of the AIOC to co-operate with the Iranian government, the parliament (Majlis) voted to nationalize the assets of the company and expel their representatives from the country.[7][8][9] Following the coup in 1953, a government under General Fazlollah Zahedi was formed which allowed Mohammad-Rezā Shāh Pahlavi, the Shah of Iran (Persian for an Iranian king),[9] to rule the country more firmly as monarch. He relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979.[7][8][9][10] In August 2013, 60 years after, the American Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) admitted that it was involved in both the planning and the execution of the coup, including the bribing of Iranian politicians, security and army high-ranking officials, as well as pro-coup propaganda.[11][12] The CIA is quoted acknowledging the coup was carried out "under CIA direction" and "as an act of U.S. foreign policy, conceived and approved at the highest levels of government."[13]

Iran's oil had been discovered and later controlled by the British-owned AIOC.[14] Popular discontent with the AIOC began in the late 1940s: a large segment of Iran's public and a number of politicians saw the company as exploitative and a central tool of continued British imperialism in Iran.[7][15] Despite Mosaddegh's popular support, the AIOC was unwilling to allow Iranian authorities to audit the company accounts or to renegotiate the terms of its access to Iranian petroleum. In 1951, Iran's petroleum industry was nationalized with near-unanimous support of the Majlis in a bill introduced by Mossadegh who led the Iranian nationalist party, the National Front. In response, Britain instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically.[16] Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the British-built Abadan oil refinery, then the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott[17] while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.[18] With a change to more conservative governments in both Britain and the United States, Winston Churchill and the Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government, though the predecessor Truman administration had opposed a coup.[19] Classified documents show that British intelligence officials played a pivotal role in initiating and planning the coup, and that the AIOC contributed $25,000 towards the expense of bribing officials.[20]

Britain and the US selected General Zahedi to be the prime minister of a government that was to replace Mosaddegh's. Subsequently, a royal decree dismissing Mosaddegh and appointing Zahedi was drawn up by the coup plotters and signed by the Shah. The CIA had successfully pressured the weak monarch to participate in the coup, while bribing street thugs, clergy, politicians and Iranian army officers to take part in a propaganda campaign against Mosaddegh and his government.[21] At first the coup appeared to be a failure when, on the night of 15–16 August, Imperial Guard Colonel Nematollah Nassiri was arrested while attempting to arrest Mosaddegh. The Shah fled the country the next day. On 19 August, a pro-Shah mob paid by the CIA marched on Mosaddegh's residence.[22] According to the CIA's declassified documents and records, some of the most feared mobsters in Tehran were hired by the CIA to stage pro-Shah riots on 19 August. Other CIA-paid men were brought into Tehran in buses and trucks, and took over the streets of the city.[23] Between 300[1] and 800 people were killed because of the conflict.[2] Mosaddegh was arrested, tried and convicted of treason by the Shah's military court. On 21 December 1953, he was sentenced to three years in jail, then placed under house arrest for the remainder of his life.[24][25][26] Other Mosaddegh supporters were imprisoned, and several received the death penalty.[9]
After the coup, the Shah ruled as an monarch for the next 26 years[8][9] while modernizing the country using oil revenues, until he was overthrown in the Iranian Revolution in 1979.[8][9][27] The tangible benefits the United States reaped from overthrowing Iran's elected government included a share of Iran's oil wealth[28][clarification needed] and ensuring the Iranian nation remained under the control of an allied dictator. Washington continually supplied arms to the increasingly unpopular Shah and the CIA-trained SAVAK, his repressive secret police force;[9] however by the 1979 revolution, his increasingly independent policies resulted in his effective abandonment by his American allies, hastening his downfall.[29] The coup is widely believed to have significantly contributed to anti-American and anti-British sentiment in Iran and in the Middle East. The 1979 revolution deposed the Shah and replaced the pro-Western monarchy with a largely anti-Western authoritarian theocracy

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Oh, one more thing:

Attitudes need to change however and judging from this thread im wondering if that is even possible.

That is unbelievably ironic to state when the facts are weighed. I agree tho, attitudes need to change....

You know what else needs to change? Grown arse people who perceive themselves as intelligent need to remove themselves from that "bubble" and learn to discern information with a fair mind instead of a biased heart.

The sun does not come when your eyes open....or does it?

<<   2 >>

join