It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hartford Consensus: "Majority of Sandy Hook injuries were survivable."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So, for example, most of the higher quality air-soft guns that people use, would probably require paperwork under that jurisdiction then?

I have no experience of this, but apparently the sniper variant and DMR variant air-soft guns are often 500fps. They are of a power which means they cannot be used on targets less than 75 feet away, probably for safety reasons.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

So, for example, most of the higher quality air-soft guns that people use, would probably require paperwork under that jurisdiction then?

I have no experience of this, but apparently the sniper variant and DMR variant air-soft guns are often 500fps. They are of a power which means they cannot be used on targets less than 75 feet away, probably for safety reasons.

Interesting question.

As they fire light plastic bb's, they may not meet the definition.
I don't have the energy right now to find the energy of the projectile, I'm thinking it would be under the limit.
We used to play 'hunt' when we were kids with bb and pellet guns, was the days before paintball.

These are air guns with both a high muzzle velocity (greater than 152.4 metres or 500 feet per second) and a high muzzle energy (greater than 5.7 joules or 4.2 foot-pounds). The "muzzle velocity" is the speed of a projectile at the instant it leaves the muzzle of a gun, normally expressed in metres per second or feet per second. The "muzzle energy" is the energy of a projectile at the instant it leaves the muzzle of a gun, expressed in joules or foot-pounds. Air guns need to meet both standards to be classified as firearms for purposes of the Firearms Act.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zephyranth

All good points and observations. I'm familiar with you from another forum and have agreed with you and supported your observations anonymously...glad to see you posting here. Seemingly, the Mods here are a little more strict in keeping the SH threads on topic which is refreshing and allows for a more intelligent discussion...even in disagreement. I remember all of the SH topics that got 404'd and/or disappeared in the past couple of years. Many of them had worthwhile information but were shilled or became filled with such vitriol that it became impossible to voice any opinion.

It's horrifying to think that even ONE of the children could've been saved let alone several or even many of them. Indeed, no matter which side of the SH fence you fall on if you believe people were killed (and I do) you've got to start with this not being immediately reported as a MCI. That is the lynch pin that has lead to where we are now.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hoping that someone from the other place that is popular for Sandy Hook threads sees this and might have an idea why I've been insta-banned for trying to reply to one of the threads. I wasn't shilling, attacking, or being confrontational. Simply trying to post a reply...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

So I have a couple of questions for you-I am curious about where this "jurisdiction" is. Is it in California? Secondly, where do you live that requires "firearms license"? If you are in the States, it must be CA, NY, or perhaps IL? Possibly on the east coast? High velocity does not automatically mean "high powered" unless you work in the MSM. No person with any knowledge of firearms has ever called the 5.56/.223 a "high powered" round. Come on, dude! And pellet guns are "high powered"? Really?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: roccodog

where this "jurisdiction"
Canada

High velocity does not automatically mean "high powered" unless you work in the MSM. No person with any knowledge of firearms has ever called the 5.56/.223 a "high powered" round.
I disagree, and so does the NRA.
compete.nra.org...

A 55 grain bullet at 3200 fps generates 1250 foot pounds of energy, double the energy of a 357 magnum handgun round.

Have you ever seen what happens to a coyote hit with this round? I have, it will put a hole large enough to shove your fist into on the off side.

A 223 is capable of taking down any game on this continent.

And pellet guns are "high powered"? Really?
Yes. Very capable of killing a person.

I have a question for you.
Why would do you consider it wrong to call a 223 a high powered round?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
everyone involved goes to prison for life for criminal negligence

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join