It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Deleted a Gay TV Show

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ok, I understand but isn't it a bit sad to get offended by it?
I mean, why?

Dislike it? cool, turn it off and watch something else but to be offended by it is just silly.

Stop getting offended. lol

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I used to share the same naivety as you on this subject but have since realized it's not really a big deal what others do. Just don't watch the show.

I'm not a huge fan of gay themed entertainment, but I don't dislike them to the point where I would write a thread about it.

How about a compromise?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I"m offended by a lot of shows...

-Nancy Grace
-Judge Judy
-Naked and Afraid
-Dating Naked
-Keeping up with the Kardashians
-Fox News
-Hardcore Pawn

...Just to name a few

Ops TPTB will be sending there "staff" round to see you soon, it was nice knowing you

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE

I mean, why?

Dislike it? cool, turn it off and watch something else but to be offended by it is just silly.

Now wait a second ... I thought PC was driven by not wanting to offend anyone. So many things we cannot do or say now because someone else might find it offensive.

But if I find it offensive to continue to see such gross stereotypes and poorly written and portrayed characters on TV, I am now told to shut up and change the channel? Why didn't that work when certain victim groups complain about how things offend them and I tell them to simply shut up and change the channel? Nope ... instead, The Dukes of Hazzard can no longer be on TV, Paula Deen was taken off the air, who knows whether or not we'll ever see any more of The Apprentice ...

Do you see where I'm going?

It seems some can say they are offended and be justified and catered to, but others cannot.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SilentE

I mean, why?

But if I find it offensive to continue to see such gross stereotypes and poorly written and portrayed characters on TV, I am now told to shut up and change the channel? Why didn't that work when certain victim groups complain about how things offend them and I tell them to simply shut up and change the channel? Nope ... instead, The Dukes of Hazzard can no longer be on TV, Paula Deen was taken off the air, who knows whether or not we'll ever see any more of The Apprentice ...

Did "victim groups" have anything to do with those shows being taken off the air? Can you give an example of which victim group got Dukes of Hazzard taken off tv and how they did it?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I ate a piece of gake. It was delicious!

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Yaaas! Gake for the win!

Ladies. You are both so silly.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Nobody told you to shut up.
People need to just chill out a bit, or a lot, everyone is getting caught up in the trivial parts of life that are created by the machine.
Dividing each other to those who oppose the i'm offended group and those who back them by getting offended.
I don't like people who get offended but it doesn't offend me when they do. lol I'm beginning to ramble so i'll stop....

Why didn't that work when certain victim groups complain about how things offend them and I tell them to simply shut up and change the channel?

I don't know because I don't own the media or the banks or the government or control the masses. but I would take a guess and say because it wasn't supposed to work.

I've gotta go now, i've eaten a protein bar and it has given me a bloated gut and some sinister gas.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Real World Season 1 should've pissed you off and the stupidity of "reality tv" that followed it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
No one cares if you're offended. Never forget that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Pretty much!

If you can't control what you absorb from your reality, you must have a fairly weak grasp on life itself. I feel really sorry for people that can't just ignore things and not take stuff personally.

In a way though, I think being "offended" serves to bring them attention (their ultimate goal). People that rant and rave about being offended are usually attention seekers.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think you'll need to figure out why you're offended and fix that. I'm sure there was a point in time when people would turn off television shows because they were offended that black people were in it. Not sure about that House Hunters show (I don't have cable), but I've seen the Amazing Race with a gay couple on it and it was great to see a happy couple enjoying themselves, just as it was for all the other pairs/partners/etc on there. I'm curious what they did that offended you?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I really like this thread. You make a great point and I was reminded of it when I was washing dishes and heard a hemorrhoid ad on TV. I don't want to hear that! Good thing I have a choice. I don't have to get all mad and rail on about the "bum ailment" agenda.

There's a whole world of people out there with different needs, tastes, and entertainment preferences, so of course, if I open my life up to it all, by turning on my TV box, I'm going to come across some things that don't interest me, but may appeal to others in this country, who DO exist. Those mute and delete buttons come in so handy!

a reply to: supermarket2012

I agree completely with you! People who get SO UPSET about something "distasteful" in their sphere of experience in this life crack me up! They act like they're the only ones on this planet and that everything they encounter should be there just for them... Other people's taste SUCKS. Other people are STUPID. Kanye is WORTHLESS! LOL!

And I think that was the OP's point. We don't have to get upset and rage because other people live and breathe in "our world"... We can just hit those mute and delete buttons.

I've been seeing more ads and shows with gay couples since marriage equality.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

I think you'll need to figure out why you're offended and fix that.

I don't recall him saying he was offended... He didn't want to see it. That's OK.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sometimes I wonder if the gay agenda is a form of population control.

----

I understand gay rights, like lets not discriminate or beat them up, but I don't like this sort of behavior like - 'I am going to act as gay as I can." Talking very loud, exaggerating their gay behavior, wanting to proclaim it to others, and basically being very annoying.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: redtic

I think you'll need to figure out why you're offended and fix that.

I don't recall him saying he was offended... He didn't want to see it. That's OK.

Think you need to re-read the OP - he was pretty clear that he was offended.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I stopped watching The Amazing Race for the same reason. That, and the way that every time a pair no one liked hit last, it was a non-elimination round, but the nicest ones never, ever, seemed to come in last on such rounds. Whole thing started looking too rigged for my taste. I agree, though; we choose what we watch. If something is simply offensive, we can not watch it. However, if a show goes too far, I have no issue with boycotting sponsors, to get it off the air. Market decision, in that case, though. The way it should be handled.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I have no problem with anything you said here. I would much rather people just turn the channel, rather than griping about all the "gay tv shows".

Which is exactly what the op is doing here, right...griping?
edit on 22-7-2015 by Wetpaint72 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I abhor fake gay stereotypes put in a show simply for the purpose of having a gay character.

I do watch Modern Family, because they show a family, and rarely over the top gay stereotypes, those episodes, we just don't watch.

Agenda driven shows are just so annoying.

I also won't watch violent shows or shows that show cops laughing over dead bodies, or shows where the actor is anti-gun, but shoots people in every episode. I won't watch any show that is more than 25% violence of any kind.

That is my right and how I express myself.

You watch what you want, fine.

But I can vote with the remote and do so regularly.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Exactly. There is no one FORCING anyone to be exposed to the gay lifestyle, we all have the option to ignore it or turn off the television that is showing it if we don't like it. Well said mate!

PS: I just don't watch the Amazing Race since I think reality television is the absolute WORST form of television programming, but that is another topic.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

----

I understand gay rights, like lets not discriminate or beat them up, but I don't like this sort of behavior like - 'I am going to act as gay as I can." Talking very loud, exaggerating their gay behavior, wanting to proclaim it to others, and basically being very annoying.

I never understood this line of thought. Acting like that is no different than the bro dudes. Who act all hyper straight and masculine all the time. Its called being extremely extroverted. Not only the FABULOUS are inflicted with that condition.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join