It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Deleted a Gay TV Show

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
For me it's sexuality in general. If it's part of the plot - fine. Then it's going to be in the rating and I can pick and choose what shows to watch and when based on that. But otherwise it's gratuitous and I don't want to see it when I'm watching TV with my family.

What has me perplexed is the new Tylenol ad campaign about families. # all does that have to do with pain relief? Nothing other than they are trying to show LGBT families in an effort to grab a market share based on wedge politics.

It's straight up pandering and I really think LGBTs should be somewhat offended. Besides, anyone still using the uber-toxic acetominephine is an idiot. Tylenol must think LGBTs are idiots. LOL!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

on one hand i agree that these Companies who are finally starting to use GLBTQ+ actors and use them in 'Normal' situations is for Money, all big companies are for Money, if they were not, they would have done this a while a go...

on the other hand, i see it as companies who are not afraid to place their 'Brand Name' with equality and GLBTQ+ people, who are not afraid of their company being attached to the GLBTQ+ community as other companies have spoken out against GLBTQ+ rights...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: SilentE
a reply to: ketsuko

Ok, I understand but isn't it a bit sad to get offended by it?
I mean, why?

Dislike it? cool, turn it off and watch something else but to be offended by it is just silly.

Stop getting offended. lol

Now wait a second ... I thought PC was driven by not wanting to offend anyone. So many things we cannot do or say now because someone else might find it offensive.

But if I find it offensive to continue to see such gross stereotypes and poorly written and portrayed characters on TV, I am now told to shut up and change the channel? Why didn't that work when certain victim groups complain about how things offend them and I tell them to simply shut up and change the channel? Nope ... instead, The Dukes of Hazzard can no longer be on TV, Paula Deen was taken off the air, who knows whether or not we'll ever see any more of The Apprentice ...

Do you see where I'm going?

It seems some can say they are offended and be justified and catered to, but others cannot.

No...it is about not offending anyone the left don't want offended. Get it right next time.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I think you make a valid point that yes it is easy enough to not watch what you do not want to watch. So why complain, true.

I do think this whole do not aim at gay people thing is out of hand. It is obvious that people throughout the world are always not going to agree with something or someone. Just as gay people wish others to accept them, they should also accept that other people may not wish to accept them. It works both ways. It is everyone's right to choose what they want.

I sure think the whole gay situation of how individuals become how their are is highly debatable but in all fairness, as other posters have said and yourself. Just get on with life.
edit on 25-7-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Thats a pretty mature way to look at it. Kudos to you.

We can not like something and still allow other people to do it. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter, but I don't want it banned from the stores because of that.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grahag

But have you tried Cookie-Butter!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'm just curious back in the 70s and 80s was it a black agenda when different strokes, the Jeffersons or Good times aired prime time , or was Star Trek rubbing biracial unions in people's faces when they broadcasted the first biracial kiss....I'm sure back then people were just as disgusted, but most got over it.
edit on 26-7-2015 by greenfox86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Darth_Prime

"The Gay Agenda" means "They're trying to make us all gay"

They are doing a pretty bad job of it so far. At my last 'gay agenda' meeting I was heavily chastised for not converting any hetrosexuals to the dark side.

Joking aside though the op is right when he says he can just turn over and it's no biggie. Although, I can't help thinking it must have been a bit of a biggie since they felt the need to post about it.

there is no gay agenda on TV at all, shows are just changing to reflect the society they are supposedly set it. The reason we get stereo typical gay people in shows a lot is because, in my opinion, the only other way to show the character was gay would be to do as they do with hetrosexuals and have them openly display affection. Kiss, cuddle, hold hands etc and I could
Only imagine the white storm hat you would get from that on every TV show. It's just easier to make then a bit over the top. Lazy writing maybe or just constrained with what people will watch.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Agreed.

There is quite a bit of pandering going on.

I think a lot of the LGBT community haven't realized it yet. They think it's all part of this acceptance movement, but it's again, big companies taking advantage of social change to make money.

You're right, Tylenol doesn't need to convince gay people that their product is for them. Doesn't have anything to do with sex or sexuality, it's a bloody over the counter pain killer.

But oh well, marketing companies are evil like that I suppose lol

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: thekaboose
Thats ok, I was looking at films to watch, now Im not misogynistic. I support womens rights but seeing them being the main character in a film is all part of the "feminist agenda". So I skipped that film and watched Expendables 2 then smacked my woman for not making me the correct sandwich.

No wait, I got that wrong.

Thats ok, I was looking at films to watch, now Im not racist. I support equal rights on all fronts, but seeing a black person being the main character in a film part is corrupting our youth and creating thugs and POOR PEOPLE. So I skipped that film and watched .... errr...... white..girls? Then smacked my "room mate" who lives in the shed because he didnt do a full days work on the plantation.

No wait... thats wrong aswell.

I was watching films the other day, it had strong women, black people and gay people. I honestly cant remember what the film was or was about, that might be because of the "no sleep for 60 hours" thing and the work I put in to trying to relax didnt work... but meh.

I love it when people say "Im not homophobic" or "I support gay rights / marriage" then add a BUT. So your reason for not watching this couple pick a house on a generically bad TV show, its the gay agenda at work?

You do know that when gay people get married they tend to live together, SHOCK HORROR sometimes they BUY a house.

Now, my personal view on partners expressing "too much" lovin in public is - Gay, Straight, Asexual... please dont dry hump each other in public. Its just rude... mainly because you have the time to do it and I have to go buy nappies.

I would love for people in this world to get over themselves and their secret hate for other groups of people who do things differently.

So to all those people who say:

Im not homophobic but,
Im not sexist but,
Im not racist but.

Yes you are.

It's a shame you can't see my standing ovation at this post. A star will have to suffice. Absolutely spot on. If you are 'not' something it shold never be followed by a but.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Now you're probably on some potential hater list. You will conform! If you continue to not comply, you will eventually be thrown into a FEMA camp where there will be an attempt to re-educate you, and if deemed a lost cause, well.......... ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

And have to wear an Inverted Pink Triangle or Inverted Black Triangle.....

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Or forced to use rainbow colored sheets on your FEMA cot.

~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Has that happened? because my situation did...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Not sure, but I did hear that someone on youtube seen a truck full of rainbow toilet paper being delivered to some specific camp, but that is just hear say.

Anyway seriously though, if I don't like something, I just don't watch it. I mean the prison show from back in the day called OZ had a lot of gay characters in it, and I loved that show. Tobias Beecher, a gay dude, was one of my favorite characters. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is probably the most rational thread on this issue I've seen so far on ze ATS.

We are in the very early stages of a more 'open' media, in the sense of non-heterosexual people doing things onscreen heterosexuals have been doing since the rise of the medium. Of course there's going to be a lot of belly-aching (from both sides); it's a relatively brand-new thing. I think more people saying 'eff it I just won't watch it, no biggie' is a great first step in applying that to real-life situations.

As far as stereotypes and the like...it's television, 'they've' pandered and tried to twist cultural/political/societal changes into marketing strategies since the beginning as well.

That being said, anyone here a fan of 'The Wire'? I really loved that show, and there are a few very well-written gay characters in my opinion. Omar Little is one of my favourite badasses of all time.

"What do you do for a living, Mr Little?"

"Rip and roll...I robs druug dealerz" hahah

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Not sure, but I did hear that someone on youtube seen a truck full of rainbow toilet paper being delivered to some specific camp, but that is just hear say.

Anyway seriously though, if I don't like something, I just don't watch it. I mean the prison show from back in the day called OZ had a lot of gay characters in it, and I loved that show. Tobias Beecher, a gay dude, was one of my favorite characters. ~$heopleNation

Don't forget Omar from The Wire.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I deleted my television about 15 years ago, I feel that having jettisoned this malevolent piece of crap, with it's crazy/evil views on lifestyle, wealth and "fame" no longer having an influence on my life that I'm a bit of a better person for it.

I now spend my free time doing fun/creative stuff.

I met a gay guy once, he was fun and creative, I liked him. He is my friend.
edit on 27/7/1515 by jokei because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join