It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Those are scattered around the fuselage and wing area, looking in different areas.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Cheers. I thought I'd found something new, lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

It does look strange, but they sculpted everything on this beast to limit any possibly reflection. Great closeup of it though.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Could it be for the Helmet Mounted Disply to give upper rear target acquisition for off bore site targeting? Suspect there may be one or more below and at the back?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Light for the receptacle for night refueling.

Wouldn't it be better to put the light on the boom?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

No. The boom moves. Putting the light on the boom could cause all kinds of disorientation for the boomer as the light moves around.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

No. The boom moves. Putting the light on the boom could cause all kinds of disorientation for the boomer as the light moves around.

Ahh see, so is it a light or were you making an educated observation?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No, on the F-35 it's a light for the receptacle. All aircraft that refuel from a boom have lights around them. The F-35 receptacle is unique so they had to change how they did it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well it's that's getting close to that time of year. With the RIAT air show only a few weeks to go it's already shaping up to be a good one with some interesting aircraft being confirmed attending. One of which is a U-2! And a A-4 Skyhawk both of which I've never seen before and as for the Skyhawk it's one of my favourite aircraft even though I've never seen in the flesh

So in a few weeks I'll be posting pics, hoping to spend two days there this year

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I'm going again too, thanks for resurrecting the thread :-)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There had been talk of leaving the two F-35s that went to Paris in the UK and have them attend, but they brought them home the other day.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

I'm going again too, thanks for resurrecting the thread :-)

No problem I'm going on the Sunday and Monday departures. Passing my driving test is the best thing I've ever done, thought about taking a trip to Mildenhall before its closes. The airshow has quite an interesting line up so just pray to the weather gods and give us a nice British summers weekend.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There had been talk of leaving the two F-35s that went to Paris in the UK and have them attend, but they brought them home the other day.

I was thinking they may of done and I've only just thought they could of kept one or two for the new carrier launch. Could of used one for a publicity piece. I saw it last year and it's a little gutting not to see a proper display.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm doing exactly the same! Not looking forward to sleeping in the car though as not booked anywhere, lol

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Plus, anyone who cares to, click my flickr banner, lots of new shots added including Shuttleworth show that treated us to flying displays by the 1910 pair Bristol Boxkite and Avro 'Roe IV' Triplane, a very rare sight.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It's not a major show, but Sam and I should hit the Fairchild show at the end of the month. They have a couple interesting things on their list. We're going to swing by Moses Lake and try to catch the MRJs too.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

I'm doing exactly the same! Not looking forward to sleeping in the car though as not booked anywhere, lol

Are you looking for somewhere to camp Sunday night ? I've got to email a guy that runs a camp site, few people I've spoken to said I can email this guy as the camp site will start emptying out over the weekend and there might be a chance I can get camped up somewhere Sunday night. If I have any luck I'll try and forward on some details to you

If I can't book anywhere I might come and find you as I'll be sleeping in my car too lol

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not that I've got time right now but maybe I might look into it next year. What shows in the US would suggest to go to ?
I've always fancied going to Edwards .. not sure why Edwards, it's just a base that's always appealed to me

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Edwards hasn't had a show in years. Nellis towards the end of the year is a big one. They always get fun stuff there and it's the close of the Thunderbirds season.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Nellis!! That's the one that I couldn't remember. Right next to Vegas. Might have to look into that and it's in the desert (sort of) would love a big of desert camping thrown in with some plane spotting

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join