It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Always liked the Vulcan ... what a beautiful bomber and must have been a terror for the enemy to see that one coming..

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara
If you like the Vulcan then I suggest reading up on operation black Buck. These were the long range bombing missions performed by the Vulcan during the Falklands conflict. They had to fly 1000s of KMs from the Ascension Islands to bomb the port Stanley airfield. During the missions the Vulcan had to air to air refuel several times. Interesting read

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Thx.. will do

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The F-35B flying demonstration MAY include a vertical landing, and aerial refueling demonstration.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Providing they can sort the runway out to stop it from melting. I did read that they can lay some sort of mat down to prevent the melting of the runway ?

A refuelling demo would be could and a very good possibility considering the USAF usually send a tanker to the show.

I cannot wait for this years shows

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They have protective materials they can put down for a temporary landing pad then pick up again without making a mess. The refueling will probably be the B models with a C-130.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
And there I was thinking they would use a kc-135 for a refuel demo but has the F-35 has a refuelling prob it would make sense for a C130 to do with the drogues coming out. I'll be happy to share my pics again after the show especially as I'm treating myself to a new camera and lens

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

They're sending A models too, but they don't like hooking up at low altitude at those speeds usually. That's why they usually stick the boom out and the other aircraft gets into precontact, but not actual contact. The hose and drogue handles it better.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Textron may be bringing the production version of the Scorpion to Farnborough this year. They made some changes to the gear and wing and are scheduled to fly it just before the show. They promised a "surprise" at the show.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The F-35As will be skipping Farnborough and returning to the US after RIAT. The B models will be at both.
edit on 6/2/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
From a commercial standpoint, Farnborough is shaping up to be interesting. It appears Boeing will free up a 737-8 Max to send, Embraer is working on sending an E190 E-Jet-E2, Airbus will probably be sending a neo, and Bombardier will almost certainly send a CSeries. Unfortunately Mitsubishi is getting their two MRJs ready to ferry to three US so won't have one available.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Shoreham fallout is continuing. The Red Arrows will only be performing flypasts at Farnborough, mostly with other aircraft, instead of a full aerobatic display. Other demonstration flights are being worked up, but if they can't conform to the new rules, they will have to withdraw is the word going around.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm starting to get concerned that air shows will no longer be worth going to because of this knee-jerk overreaction from the shoreham tragedy.

Cosford on Sunday (B-52!! Woo) so I'll have a better idea after that, but at £110 to see the F-35 at RIAT, I'd bloody well better be ABLE to see it.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

That's one of the things that drives me up the wall. They ruin events just to say they're doing something, even if it's the wrong thing.

Just be glad the B models are going. The As aren't allowed to do anything but heritage flights.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Word now is that the KC-390 prototype will be shown in Portugal on July 4th, then will head to Farnborough.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

I'm starting to get concerned that air shows will no longer be worth going to because of this knee-jerk overreaction from the shoreham tragedy.

Cosford on Sunday (B-52!! Woo) so I'll have a better idea after that, but at £110 to see the F-35 at RIAT, I'd bloody well better be ABLE to see it.

Bit off topic but looking at you nice photos - why do Quatar Airlines have C-17 - assume for cargo, didnt realise they sold them as civvies??

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They aren't Qatar Airlines, they're the Qatar Amiri Flight. They're painted in the airline colors but they're operated by the government.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
What Zap said.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Interesting thanks. Suppose you need heavy lift to get all those gold plated rolls Royce on official visits!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Mig 29 struttin..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join