It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
Considering children from broken families are at a high risk of failing and turning to crime, I think it is about time that A-holes put their kids before sex.

You assume that everyone of these relationships has children.

I am not condoning hacking, but this site needs to be shut down. Freedom of Speech does not need to include freedom of immorality.

Yes it does, try learning what the Constitution actually does before you start invoking the First Amendment.

And if anyone doesn't think cheating is immoral, then don't get married. Psychology has proven cheating devastates children. My mother suffered from PTSD from being cheated on, and has never been the same. We don't need to guess if it is wrong.

If you want morality legislated move to a fascist or theocratic society.

edit on 20-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Wholey my business if my partner is secretly using the site.

But the remainder are not to either you or the hackers.

Why assume that I would care about the remainder?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Couldn't you just sign up under a false name and use a fake photo to see if your spouse was on Ashley Madison anyway?

That's what I would do if I suspected my partner of visiting dating/hook up websites -- I'd just create a fake person and see if I could find her profile.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

Ashley Madison is a dating website, with one important twist: Instead of connecting eligible singles, it caters to married people interested in having an affair. The site claims to have 37 million members, and has in the past bragged about its data security. Text

CNN Full Story

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Why assume that I would care about the remainder?

No one assumed anything, the hackers released all information. If you suspect your spouse is cheating relying on hackers is not the method to determine this fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I really don't care if a bunch of cheaters get outed. They are doing far worse to their spouse.

The one problem I see with some cheaters (maybe it's a small percentage) is that they won't divorce or leave their spouse because it makes them look bad to some people. Their next step is to kill the spouse to be free without shame. Sad part of society.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I said it does not NEED to. I know it does, but we should evolve past condoning what has been proven psychologically immoral.

If science can prove something destroys people, it should not be legal. It would have been better for my mother if she died. She has lived in hell for 40 years, and can't even consider another relationship.

You can argue FOR IMMORALITY all you want.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

has in the past bragged about its data security.

There's your bogey. It's a challenge to some hackers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

You did assume because you made a claim about what I should care about as opposed to asking what I do care about.

I never said hackers should be relied upon either.

There are many things I feel are less morally reprehensible than cheaters being exposed...
One of them happens to be cheating websites being hacked to expose the cheaters.
edit on 20-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I have absolutely no problem with your point of view, provided the OTHER Adult in the equation is aware and knows what their partner is up to.

Scorched earth: Expose them all.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I said it does not NEED to. I know it does, but we should evolve past condoning what has been proven psychologically immoral.

Who cares if you put the word 'need' in there? The implication was clear, you do not like the site, it disagrees with your morals, you also feel it should not be Constitutionally protected, therefore it needs to be shut down.

You can argue FOR IMMORALITY all you want.

I am not arguing for immorality per se, I am arguing for privacy and the illegality of hacking.

link   
Double post

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I have absolutely no problem with your point of view, provided the OTHER Adult in the equation is aware and knows what their partner is up to.

Exactly, if you don't want to be monogamous, enter into an open relationship. Lying is wrong, always.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You did assume because you made a claim about what I should care about as opposed to asking what I do care about.

The sentence said 'you or the hackers' since ALL the data was released, not just on your hypothetical cheating spouse but on everyone's.

There are many things I feel are less morally reprehensible than cheaters being exposed...
One of them happens to be cheating websites being hacked to expose the cheaters.

Your morality is irrelevant, this is illegality.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

For those of you cheering on the hackers due to morality I wonder what you will say if you get hacked over something you do that they find immoral in their viewpoint.

I agree that it is not right to go on a crusade of hacking because one disagrees with the integrity of the business model of a company, or the viewpoints of another. Then again, I have no idea what the hacker's motivation was other than they want it shut down.

I do NOT think it is right to take social justice crusades to this level considering this particular issue. However, I do find this situation very ironic considering the business model of Ashley Madison is "secrecy", and that is why I shared this news.

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

I absolutely agree. It is not anyone's business. Again, I posted just to share. I just hope they don't "F" with Tinder...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I see, so if your spouse is cheating it is okay for the law to be broken because your relationship is not healthy.

Makes total sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Oh believe me any married parent who's partner is exposed will have some legality issues as well when it comes to divorce and custody.

Any law the government ignores, such as hacking, is defunct and therefore not only morally right to, but a absolute duty to fight against.
That my friend, is true freedom!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Oh believe me any married parent who's partner is exposed will have some legality issues as well when it comes to divorce and custody.

Right, since the other partner has no culpability in why their spouse is cheating.

Any law the government ignores, such as hacking, is defunct and therefore not only morally right to, but a absolute duty to fight against.

I do not understand what you are saying here. Please rephrase.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I was not condoning hacking.

I was merely saying the website needs to be shut down and commercials taken off the TV.

Cheating is more devastating than much of what are current laws consider illegal.

Again, if SCIENCE can prove something is destructive and wrong, it should be illegal.

I am ok with morality being decided by SCIENTIFIC FACTS, not religious dogma.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No I won't rephrase it, its in perfect English and I believe you know exactly what I'm talking about...

Culpability???
Blaming the victim lulz.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join