It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hackers claim to have real names, nude photos and credit card info of Ashley Madison users

Hackers claim to have personal details of more than 37 million cheating spouses on dating website Ashley Madison and have threatened to release nude photos and sexual fantasies of the site's clients unless it is shut down, blog KrebsOnSecurity reported.

Ashley Madison's Canadian parent, Avid Life Media, confirmed the breach on its systems and said it had since secured its site and was working with law enforcement agencies to try to trace those behind the attack.

The hackers, who call themselves The Impact Team, leaked snippets of the compromised data online and warned they would release customers' real names, profiles, nude photos, credit card details and "secret sexual fantasies" unless their demands were met, Krebs said.

I find this scenario interesting on so many levels. It threatens the integrity and purpose of this particular website: to keep cheating spouses hidden. It threatens the business model of other similar websites due to people becoming hesitant of being caught up in the same situation.

Ashley Madison is in a lose/lose situation here. They must either shut it down to protect the essence of their business model by offering confidentiality or risk their clients becoming exposed and having no one ever go there again.

I just found this story ironic.

www.cbc.ca...

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 20-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
They won't shut down of their own accord...
That would take ethics and integrity...

& clearly the business they're involved in has neither.

Good.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Good.

Morals and ethics aside for a moment. What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down? It certainly isn't because they have any more morals or ethics than those they are attacking.
edit on 7/20/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I see these commercials one after another starting around 10:30-11 pm.
Personally - Good for TIT! (The Impact Team)
People seeking to cheat on their husband or wife deserve to be caught and shamed.

Why even get married in the first place if your nothing but a W####!

It just agitates me that these low lives have commercials trying to encourage people to cheat on their spouses and potentially destroy families.

Sickening.

I hope it gets shut down and every one involved has their name published by the all and powerful TIT ... great acronym!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

My guess? Ashley Madison will not shut down. If records are released, they'll claim to do "More security" and tell the future users not to worry because "Now it's fixed" at least until the next hole.

As far as the hackers? They'll either be caught or not, doesn't really matter.

Lesson is the same one we keep learning in society: "If you want something to stay private than KEEP IT PRIVATE!"

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Good.

Morals and ethics aside for a moment. What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down? It certainly isn't because they have any more morals or ethics than those they are attacking.

I could speculate that some of these hackers own spouses and partners were part of this site and it became a crusade.

Either way...

Hackers>>>>>Cheaters

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For those of you cheering on the hackers due to morality I wonder what you will say if you get hacked over something you do that they find immoral in their viewpoint.

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Morals and ethics aside for a moment. What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down?

Money could be one reason. The press here in Sweden reports there are about 37 million accounts hacked. Blackmail each to pay $10 for not leaking their info and you got yourself a "nice" retirement fond.........
edit on 7202015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

edit on 7202015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

For those of you cheering on the hackers due to morality I wonder what you will say if you get hacked over something you do that they find immoral in their viewpoint.

If an adult wants to piss away their relationship what the hell business is it of yours?

Exactly my point. Thank you.

If we let terrorists(yes I called them terrorists) like this dictate morals in instances like these, what and who is next?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Morals and ethics aside for a moment. What vested interest do these "hackers" have in shutting this site down?

Money could be one reason. The press here in Sweden reports there are about 37 million accounts hacked. Charge each $10 for not leaking their info and you got yourself a "nice" retirement fond.........

True enough. But they haven't asked for money. Yet anyway. I'm wondering if Charlie has a point...

I could speculate that some of these hackers own spouses and partners were part of this site and it became a crusade.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wholey my business if my partner is secretly using the site.

link   
37 million joined Ashley Madison!?

Maybe marriage goes against human nature.

link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly my point. Thank you.

If we let terrorists(yes I called them terrorists) like this dictate morals in instances like these, what and who is next?

You're both right but give us a break. We've been letting terrorists dictate our morals for decades now. Whether those terrorists be Hackers, the Pro Gay Agenda, Middle East Terrorists, or some idiot who murders in a church, WE give in to terrorism all the time, so stop acting like IF our morals are dictated this time it would be the first.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Considering children from broken families are at a high risk of failing and turning to crime, I think it is about time that A-holes put their kids before sex.

I am not condoning hacking, but this site needs to be shut down. Freedom of Speech does not need to include freedom of immorality.

And if anyone doesn't think cheating is immoral, then don't get married. Psychology has proven cheating devastates children. My mother suffered from PTSD from being cheated on, and has never been the same. We don't need to guess if it is wrong.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

As you say, it's to early to tell. Charlie may be right too....
Just think if there's politicians etc on "the list"....... "Vote this way, or else....."

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Everybody judges. That's just the way people are. However, we're getting to the point in our society where we're not allowed to judge anything, because people will pop up and say 'why should you care?', or "it's none of your business." Fair enough, but certain things are very painful and devastating to others, and those activities, I will judge as bad. If you're doing something and it only hurts you, then fine. Do it, it's your choice. However, sneaking around because you don't want your partner to know is bad. Imagine all the wives and husbands who would be devastated, and families torn up by divorce, if this information is released.

Therefore, both things I judge as bad. Both the Ashley Madison hoes as well as the hackers, who could potentially devastate families. If you've ever been cheated on, you know the pain and feelings of betrayal involved. Bad news, man.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Your business. Not mine, or anyone elses.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Considering children from broken families are at a high risk of failing and turning to crime, I think it is about time that A-holes put their kids before sex.

I am not condoning hacking, but this site needs to be shut down. Freedom of Speech does not need to include freedom of immorality.

And if anyone doesn't think cheating is immoral, then don't get married. Psychology has proven cheating devastates children. We don't need to guess if it is wrong.

Yes. Lets go back to legislating morals. That has always worked well, hasn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

But the remainder are not to either you or the hackers.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If psychology can prove something causes people to have life long debilitating PTSD, then we sure in F&#/# don't need a website and TV commercials promoting it.

Yes we should be moral creatures, and modern psychology has answered this question. This is not about religion, it is about INDISPUTABLE FACTS.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join